Noorderhaven 69, Harlingen, 8861, The Netherlands
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Satisfaction Poor

More about Harlingen

Station & Veerterminal, Harlingen, NL 2008Station & Veerterminal, Harlingen, NL 2008

HarlingenHarlingen

Harlingen harbor and lighthouseHarlingen harbor and lighthouse

.... coming closer............ coming closer........

Travel Tips for Harlingen

Anchored

by 36waterfalls

Harlingen has a history of shipping and some gorgeous inner harbours can be found in the city. These days they're full of private boats, but still a great sight!
For a stroll along the water: visit Zuiderhaven and Noorderhaven.

In Memory

by 36waterfalls

Many ships left the port of Harlingen; some returned home safe, others weren't so lucky.
There's this plaque on the Waddenpromenade with names on it from Harlingen residents who never returned from sea.
Impressive!

Harlingen - oh, what a night.....

by tini58de

"Almost heaven ....."

Flashback:

In June 2004 I had an accident and ripped two ligaments on my right foot. That meant: much rest, leg up and hours and hours of TV zapping.... One of the few real exciting programs was a travel program about unusual hotels. They introduced three very unique hotels in the Netherlands, namely Harlingen in the Friesland province - a lighthouse (in the picture), a rescue boat and a harbor crane.

"Yes, a harbor crane!"

You read correctly: a harbor crane! I instantly told my husband and we decided that this was THE thing for us! I called there and we finally found a date 15 months later! That was 15 months of pleasant anticipation for us!!!

"Moving forward:"

September 2005 came and the date of our night in the harbor crane came closer! When we arrived in Harlingen on September 19 and set foot in the crane, it was more than in our wildest dreams!! Such a fantastic and special place! Read more about it in my accomodation tip!

We spent the whole day there enjoying the views, the fantastic interior, the possibility to move the crane 360° and of course to celebrate my husbands birthday!

Comments