Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Leeuwarden

French Mirage 2000C displayFrench Mirage 2000C display

Waag, Liwwadden / Ljouwert,  Fryslan, NL 2005Waag, Liwwadden / Ljouwert, Fryslan, NL 2005

Blue Angels during arrival on mondayBlue Angels during arrival on monday

Static show with several fightersStatic show with several fighters

looking for room

by 1nguyen

I am looking a room in Leeuwarden.i will move there on september 2006. i can afford the price from 150 to 230 euro per month. i don't mind to share a room. i'm a girl. i study at NHL. my phone number: 0641772111.and email: vi_12003@yahoo.com

RE: looking for room

by pieter_jan_v

I will have a look tonight.

PJ

PJ

Travel Tips for Leeuwarden

Walkable City

by aukjejetty

What I like a lot about Leeuwarden is the easy way to get around: walking! It's size makes transport unnescesary. There are busses, but there is not that much to see on the outskirts of the city.
All the interesting streets are not too far from each other. A bike makes it even more perfect, that wil easily take you around the whole city.

Everything on the map in the picture is walking-distance.

In case you want to speak some...

by nighthawk

In case you want to speak some Frisian (regional language spoken in Friesland), here is the url of a site where you can translate English to Frisian:http://dictionaries.travlang.com/EnglishFrisian/Someone had asked me by mail, but very unthoughtful of me (shame on me!), I do not know right know who that was.I myself can speak some Frisian, but I am far better in speaking Gronings, the regional language of our little province (far nicer a language than Frisian lol!)

Thermen Sauna Westenberg

by bignick

Wow, what a find, a so close to where I was staying. Perfect tranquility just a throw away. Somewhat of a rare treat as I love saunas, and these are some of the best I've enjoyed on my travels. Two Finnish saunas (above 95 deg C), a cool sauna, steam room, in/out hot jacuzzi, in/out cooling pool, outside jacuzzi, 2 plunge pools, waterfall shower, overhead bukets, infra-red room, restaurant, bar, solarium, outside seating, the works.

From the Stadhouderlijk Hotel, turn left, go up the first side alley (currently has a skip), to crossroads, turn left, and the sauna is on your right a few doors down.

I was there a while so took advantage of the month card, 100 euros for a whole month, bargain, especially as one-off entry is 16.5 euros. Other discounts available.

De Waag

by martin_nl

Just as in a lot of other Dutch cities Leeuwarden also has a Waag. Originally it was a building in which the shipped in goods were weighed and where people paid their import duties. Most important products were butter and cheese! Nowadays it only houses an ATM machine from the Rabobank. Most of the time there are long lines , but across the canal is another ATM-machine by ING bank, that almost never has queues...

WorkumVisit the Jopie Huisman...

by Tamani

Workum
Visit the Jopie Huisman Museum in Workum. Jopie was the kind of person that makes you believe in reincarnation. He was a dealer in rags and he saw beauty in the simple things. He managed to express this in the drawings he made of the old, the ugly and the worn-out things.
Jopie refused ever to sell his paintings. He died at the age of 75 last year. I hope his wish will be respected and his art will remain forever in the magnificent museum for us all to enjoy.

Photo: This underwear has been repaired time after time and Huisman managed to get every stitch on the canvas with great respect for the rag and the person who wore them.

Comments