Golden Tulip Tjaarda Oranjewoud

vtveen's Profile Photo

Golden Tulip Tjaarda - excellent location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2013

We found a nice package deal (3=2) for Hotel Tjaarda and made our reservation. We were absolutely surprised by the excellent location of the hotel in the ‘royal’ woods of Oranjewoud. It turned out to be a great base for exploring this part of Friesland with some bike trips.
Reception desk has bike and walking brochures available and it is possible to rent bikes from the hotel. It also has a spa and swimming pool; we didn’t use both.

The hotel itself, being a four star hotel, is nice although its interior is a little bit outmoded. Our room was nice, quite spacious and had all the amenities of a four star hotel. We opted (and paid extra) for a luxury room, but to be honest I still have no idea what this luxury was.
!!Try to avoid the rooms at the back of the hotel, which are overlooking the back/kitchen entrance and the bicycle shed.!!

Breakfast buffet is served in restaurant ‘De Oranjetuin’ and was always a great start of the day. Sometimes it was little bit overcrowded, but due to the nice weather people were also seated on the patio.
!!Our package was inclusive breakfast, otherwise you have to pay € 16,50, which is quite expensive in my opinion.!!

Hotel Tjaarda has two restaurants; the formal restaurant ‘De Oranjetuin’ and the more informal ‘Grand Café Tjaarda’, where we had our dinner twice. Food and service were good. Just a pity they only have a ‘week menu’ instead of a ‘menu of the day’.
!!Sometimes I had the feeling they just were in for the money: VERY expensive water, charging for a menu change, serving expensive sweets and whipped cream with our tea.!!

Unique Quality: We were satisfied with our stay in Hotel Tjaarda (especially its location), although I do have some remarks:
- for me the rates are only acceptable with a package deal;
- disliked this money-making things;
- our bill was not correct and different from our reservation;
- very disappointed, because I didn’t receive ANY reaction on an email with my remarks.

Directions: Oranjewoud is located nearby Heerenveen; just follow the signs to Oranjewoud and the hotel.

Nearby Golden Tulip Tjaarda Oranjewoud

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Oranjewoud Travel Forum

Need advice about Oranjewoud, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Oranjewoud and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Oranjewoud