WestCord Hotel Schylge

37 Burg Van Heusdenweg, (formerly Golden Tulip), West-Terschelling, 8881 ED, The Netherlands
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Terschelling

Terras outsideTerras outside

Hotel NapHotel Nap

West HarbourWest Harbour

Springtime De WalvisSpringtime De Walvis

How crowded is Terschelling in June?

Hi everybody

I want to take a quick holiday on Terschelling in June but I was wondering if it's going to be crowded with tourists.

I'm really looking for a nice, quiet holiday to enjoy the beach and the wind so I prefer not too much people. Bit selfish... ;)

I like to hear from you guys! If it's the case that june's a busy month on Terschelling, which months would you suggest to go for a quiet holiday?

thanks, groetjes van Vlaanderen, Elke

by pieter_jan_v

In June is not that crowded.

July and August is the peak season.

And if you want to have the beach for your own goto Paal 4 (it's quiet a bit walking and you have to bring your own food and drinks, but you'll have a beach for yourself).

Check Igraine's Terschelling pages (I have some old stuff in in Netherlands T-logue).

PJ

by ATLC

The famous Oerol festival (13-21 June) is on at Terschelling. You may want to combine a little bit by including one or two days at the end or the beginning of your holiday. It attracts a lot of people. So you might also want to plan outside this period!

www.oerol.nl

Bedankt Pieter-Jan!

En bedankt Anke-Thea!

We gaan de week voor het festival, dus da's lekker genieten en afsluiten op vrijdag en zaterdag met toneel en 'ambiance'. Fijn!

by ATLC

Great, that you've decided and planned. Veel plezier !

Travel Tips for Terschelling

The sandy beaches round West Terschelling.

by Alphons

Here can you see one of the sandy beaches on Terschelling. This beach is surrounding West Terschelling. You can walk from West Terschelling to the noordkaap over the beach. Thats a distance from a 30 km.%v* I miss the beaches when i been away from Terschelling.

Woods

by Igraine

The island also has some woodlands these days.
It was planted in the 30tes when we had some kind of a depression here as well, to offer work for the unemployed. Now it is a nice place to bike through.

Storm, Regen, Windkracht 9 (storm, rain and wind)

by Mirellaboer

On the boat the luggage will be stored on a car and they will transport that on and off the boat, so far so good (the only thing you have to do is remember the number on the car:-) ).But on the island, most of the hotels and campings do have a service for picking up the luggage, but if that isn't the case, please remember that you have to go to your accomodation by bus or bike! Terschelling is a Island and a dutch one too. So make sure that you have enough warm clothes with you! And also some things for the rain.
It's not that it is always bad weather (most of the time it is better weather than on the mainland because of the wind), but you have to remember that you are on a island.

Bye Terschelling

by Alphons

Well after a few nice day's on Terschelling where we have make nice beach walkings, bike riding and been to a few nice restaurants. Stay in a good appartmend in Landerum is it time to go home.
Here we see the place West Terschelling after departing the harbour on the way to Harlingen.

Baiba Hopping the Frisian Islands

by PeteNL

"Preparing for an adventure never had before"

Despite of my not so bright sportive background, I still always had this dream to make a several-day-trip on my bike. I succeeded in talking two of my friends into the same thing and the preparating could start.
First of all, what I did was renting a bike which later prooved to be a mistake. Thus, tip number 1! If you are planning on spending many hours a day on bike, do use the bike you are used to! I rented one of those new sophisticated bikes which didn't have the nice ergonomic seat like the one I got from my mother-in-law.

"When, where, how and why to go?"

If you have a good bike, a small tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag and a sense of directions, you are almost set to go island hopping. Money is important, too of course and honestly, the whole venture came out to be more expensive than inicially estimated. The internet is enough to plan your journey and regarding accommodation there is just any kind for any budget on all 3 islands. We, as students, went for the cheapest possible - camping. Not without disappointment during the 20 h rain we got on Terschelling. :/
Lesson #2! make sure your tent is small enough to fit it in the laundry dryer on your camping.

"On the way!"

On a rainy day in August, 3 friends - a Latvian (Baiba), an Australian and a German started off with their bikes packed.
We begun in Zeddam which is about 200 km from the point where we were suppoused to catch the ferry to our first destination-island. Since it was meant to be more fun than sore bums, we cought the train after having cycled 30 km.
How we survived the next week and who of us gave up first, you can read in th etravelogues of this site. :)

Comments