Hotel Old Dutch

EntranceEntrance

Jacob Groenerwoud PlantsoenJacob Groenerwoud Plantsoen

Airborne Plein MemorialAirborne Plein Memorial

Pigeon HousePigeon House

Rental house for 28 May - 5 June?

by aliwats

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about renting a house in Arnhem for a week? I need a house for 4-8 people, furnished. We are from Amsterdam and will be participating in the Mode Biennale that week. Please let me know if you know any helpful sites where I can find this information or if you know of a house available!
Thank you!

Re: Rental house for 28 May - 5 June?

by pieter_jan_v

Try:

BTW Most rental homes are normally rented by the month or longer.

Good luck,

PJ

Re: Rental house for 28 May - 5 June?

by berserk

It's beter when You try to rent a holliday home near Arnhem because like the member above already said normal houses can't be rent for a week
Try www.ihacom.nl or arnhem-WEB.nl be sure that u hire something in Gelderland or near public transport if u don't want to hire a car

Travel Tips for Arnhem

Go out of town and visit the...

by bostel

Go out of town and visit the National park de Hooge Veluwe it is beautifull for its nature and animals. It is a big park with entrances near Arnhem, Hoende3rloo and Otterlo, were I usually live. When I am away I miss the horseriding through the woods . This is really graet, because there is so much wood around Arnhem you can ride for a whole day and You still have not seen everything.

The Sabelspoort

by Nathalie_B

The city if Arnhem had four gates, three of them were destroyed and only one, the Sablespoort, has survived. This impressive piece of architecture once served as a family house, tax office, jail, and even mental institution. Take a walk through the gate to the Rhine river and enjoy a walk along the water.

The Post Office

by Nathalie_B

This is definitely one of the most attractive buildings of the Arnhem’s city center. I guess it is its special shape that draws so much attention. The beautiful ornaments are definitely worth a look. There are also a lot of terraces in the area, so you can find a nice spot where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and to have a great view on the building.

Airborne monument at Airborne Square (Plein)

by Waalewiener

In this picture it show the '' Airborne plein ''
or '' Airborne Square ''.with in the center a roundabout for cyclists.This area is a large Memorial with a large Monument.
The columm in the center is a piece that was left over standing of the former '' Palace of Justice ''.Arnhem was very heavily damaged due to the bombing..

Typical Dutch

by Nathalie_B

In the food market which is located in the city center of Arnhem I've been introdued to a typical Dutch food (as I was told by Pavlik_NL).
Herring fish with a lot of onions on it. I couldn't believe I'm eating it in the middle of day, the smell stayed for another 5 hours in my mounth and on my fingers.
But it was a nice experience. It doesn't mean that I'm gonna eat it again, if I have to talk to other people after enjoying this type of food. ;-)

Comments