Hoog Soeren 134

O deer!O deer!

Travel Tips for Hoog Soeren

Hoog Soeren

by pieter_jan_v

"The quietness of the forest"

"In the Royal forests"

Hoog Soeren is a small village just West of the city of Apeldoorn. The community includes the neighbourhood of Assel and Hoog Buurlo. Around 250 people are living in the area in the middle of the Royal Forest the so called Koninklijke Houtvesterij Het Loo.

A different monkey meet

"The Canadian Invasian"

"The attendees"

What's going on in VT-land? Yet another secret VT-meeting outside the official meeting calendat and orgaized by a member with zero VT-meeting experience!

Whatever, vtveen organized it to welcome Sibbella en Swan├Ęt and I were crazy enough to show up.

"Dutch pancakes"

Sibbella was just in the country, going through jetlag and dragged to this pancakes hideout at the Hoog Soeren forest.

Amazingly for September 12 it was a great sunny day and we enjoyed the outside terras at Berg en Dal till 9PM.

"Fast and slow eaters"

Making a choice from over 100 pancake combinations is challenging.

Well, Dutch pancakes certainly are no beaver tails!

"Me, jetlag?!"

And tomorrow a boattrip is scheduled!

"Dessert"

I knew it. We easily went for icecream, while Sibbella tried a aimple Dutch coffee.

"Monkey business"

We heard an interesting story about the monkey.

Again, my lips are sealed; another secret to treasure!

"The conclusion"

I almost forgot. We exchenged gifts, made notes, wrote postcards, made pictures of the food, kept the waitresses in the dark. In short: a real VT-meeting (small detail, no beer trail this time, but many beer stories).

Thans for the great evening, hope to see you soon!

Go to my next meeting: Antwerp revisited, the return of Nathalie

A Monkey Meet

by pieter_jan_v

"From Apenheul to Pancakes"

"The Attendees"

This was a kind of spontaneous meeting with the following members:

'haldane and her daughter sugababe
VincentJJ
PeteNL and Baiba
pieter_jan_v (yes, that's me)

"Finally meeting haldane"

haldane just visited the Netherlands again and after an Apeldoorn forum posting the local know-it-all members just wanted to meet.
It was in the middle of the Dutch "Pinkster" weekend and we showed up at the exit of the Apenheul, the Apeldoorn monkey park.
haldane and her daughter revisted the park in the good company of monkey expert VincentJJ.

"Killing the time"

The park must have been rather interesting, because we had to wait some time before sugababe had seen everything and went into most attractions.

Killing the time with an icecream wasn't that bad at all.

We had a lot to talk about and the fair weather (finally!) did the rest.

"Pancakes"

As it was an open meeting no activities were scheduled, except a dinner was obvious.
I had a list of recommended places from vtveen, like:
Gijs en Katrien - Van Kinsbergenstraat 4
Pannekoekenhuis - Deventerstraat 172
Pinoccio - Arnhemseweg 357
Stadscafe Van Kinsbergenstraat - Nieuwstraat 295
't Pakhuis - Beekpark 9
Berg en Dal - Hoog Soeren 30

We decided for the latter, because haldane was looking fro something vegetarian.

On her question: "Do you have something vegetarian?" the waiter replied: "About 60 kinds of pancakes" (what else can you expect at a pancake restaurant??).

"sugababe"

sugababe really did what her name suggests: consuming SUGAR!

We had a peacful dinner, exchanging a lot of VT news and some personal things. I really enjoyed it.

"Nose powdering"

That white stuff should be taken by the ........ ?

"The conclusion"

Ordereing banana long boat and when the waiter puts in on the table say that this is not what you wanted.
Come Vincent; we know you better!

See you all; it's was fun time!

Go to my next meeting: Gillian & Yubert at Antwerp