Hampshire Hotel - Stad Munster

Hotel Stad Munster
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Winterswijk

BlowingBlowing

Well signposted and documentedWell signposted and documented

DinerDiner

Seybelt seen from GermanySeybelt seen from Germany

Travel Tips for Winterswijk

More Dutch food

by mary2u99

One of my favourite Dutch food is Stamppot and Hutspot and my friend just love to make it for me. I also love Zuurkool.

I tried cooking Zuurkool met ham yesterday it was not as good as what my host did but it's edible. I think it's true what they say when someone else cook the food taste better. I wonder if only I can import that Dutch chef over for free.

Midwinter horn blowing

by dutchboycalledjan

On the second day of Christmas, there are several places where you can hear (and see) the blowing of the midwinter horns. During the long winter months, farmers had time to carve their own horns. They used these to sound in the winter solecist, the start of the lengthening of the days. December 26th we met a tour of about 5 km, visiting 5 or 6 different locations near Kotten and in Germany, where people were blowing their horns. Signposted. And with a place for soup, hot chocolate, gluhwein and pan cakes !! It is a yearly tradition, this year with snow!

Address: Kottenseweg, about 400 meters of the German border, to the left.

Can I pack my cat too!

by mary2u99

I was packing my bag and guess what my cat decided to park itself in my luggage instead. I think she know I will be going away and she will be missing me. Let’s just hope they don't stop me at check-in! Hahaha Winter cloths, jackets, leggings and thick windbreakers. Vitamins and cold medicine(just incase I get sick). Cameras

Comments