Hotel Roermond

Rank 4 of 5 hotels
in Roermond
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
BillNJ's Profile Photo

Next to train station, large room, good breakfast

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2008

Prior to my trip, I made arrangements through hoteliers.com to stay for one night at the Hotel Roermond. One good thing about hoteliers.com, as opposed to some other services like Expedia, is that you don't have to pay the fee in advance. Instead, you pay the fee directly to the hotel at the time of your stay. Also, you have the flexibility to change or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before your arrival.

Travelling to the the Hotel Roermond by train is the ultimate in convenience. You see the hotel as soon as you exit the central train station. In fact, you don't even have to cross a street to get to it!

There is a restaurant called The Dinner Inn that is connected to the hotel. In fact, the front desk of the hotel is in the restaurant.

I arrived before the check-in time. A hotel staff member graciously allowed me to leave my bags with them until my room was ready. When I checked-in, the hotel charged me in full. I thought this payment-in-advance procedure was odd.

Another odd feature was my wake-up call. Instead of receiving a call on the telephone, I received a knock on my door!

Even with these oddities, I was quite pleased overall with the hotel. My room that was located further down the street through a separate entrance. Whoever said hotel rooms in Europe are small has not paid a visit to the Hotel Roermond! Even though I booked a single room (the smallest that they offer), my room here was by far the biggest on my trip. In addition to the standard bedroom, I had a separate living room with a couch and chairs -- a fully-equipped kitchen -- and the bathroom was very large. For my purposes as a tourist, these furnishings were more than needed. However, for someone else who may be looking for extended stay lodging, the kitchen and living room may be a big plus.

One negative about the room, though, was that there was no in-room safe. Since the hotel is in a high traffic area near the central train station, I had concerns about the safety of my valuables. One recommendation that I would have for the hotel is that they install combination safes in each room.

The breakfast buffet, which was included in the price, was excellent. There was a great selection of hot and cold food.

Unique Quality: Right next to the central train station

Large furnishings, including living room and fully-equipped kitchen.

Breakfast included.

Negative: No in-room safe

Directions: Next to central train station

Nearby Hotel Roermond

5 Photos of Hotel Roermond

View Professional Photos

Roermond Travel Forum

Need advice about Roermond, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Roermond and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Roermond hotel reviews

McArthurGlen Designer Outlet
Fashion Outlet Center
Fairgrounds
Things to Do
Squares of Roermond, what for what?
Munsterkerk
Kapel in 't Zand
P.J.H. Cuypers house / Municipal museum
The local beers
Favorites
Huis met de stenen trappen
Town hall