Campanile Hertogenbosch Den Bosch

Goudsbloemvallei 21-25, Maaspoort, Den Bosch, Noord-Brabant, 5237MH, The Netherlands
Campanile Hertogenbosch
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Den Bosch

No Sales 'Till Half-time!No Sales 'Till Half-time!

Football FansFootball Fans

The Street Of BarsThe Street Of Bars

Through a canal tunnelThrough a canal tunnel

Weekend Site Seeing

Dear All,

I have this weekend (7th and 8th) of Aug to check out Holland, could you please help me plan my itenary for two days (saturday and sunday) so that I can se a few good places in Holland, I am currently staying in Den Bosch near the train station.

As I am new to the place and the country any pointers on how to reach the place where you suggest me to go (like bus number, tram number, or train details - I know ns.nl) would be appreciated.

by pieter_jan_v

What are your preferences: city or country exploration?

One tip fot just outside the Netherlands: Take the train to Antwerp; there's a great event that weekend: http://www.bollekesfeest.be/

If you want to explore cities: just travel by train to Maastricht; Utrecht, The Hague / Delft / Scheveningen; Rotterdam or Amsterdam.

If you are a country lover: Go to the beach, Hoge Veluwe or somewhere nearer in the Province of Noord Brabant (http://www.natuurmonumenten.nl/province/10036)

by karprasad

What is that event like ? I visited the website that you mentioned but couldnt understand anything as it was not in English.

I like to Visit some place where I can get some cheap (but good quality) shoes,bags and electronic gadgets. Please suggest.

by pieter_jan_v

What is that event like ?
It's a big open air culinair festival, where you can have a taste of the many restaurant stands present; see 11 at the map @ http://www.bollekesfeest.be/sites/default/files/bestanden/Wegwijs_Bollekesfeest.pdf

Bags: Try Street markets
Shoes: Try discount shops like Bristol, Schoenenreus or Scapino
Electronic Gadgets: Media Markt store (http://www.mediamarkt.nl/)

Thanks for your reply...

I would like to visit Giethoorn from Denbosch on this saturday, could you pleae guide me on how to reach there and the expenses involved ? is Giethoorn a worth visiting.

Giethoorn this Saturday:

7:23 Departure from Den Bosch train station track 3A (Intercity direction Alkmaar); exit at Utrecht Centraal (7:52 track 8A).

8:21 Departure from Utrecht Cantraal Station track 11 (Intercity direction Leeuwarden; get in the right section of the train!); exit at Steenwijk (9:44 track 2).

10:02 Departure from Steenwijk bus station (Connexxion bus 70 direction Zwartsluis); exit at Dominee T O Hylkemaweg bus stop (10:22).

Have a look at my Giethoorn page:

by karprasad

Thanks for your post, it is really helpful, can you please give me a similar option for Sunday (the August), also please mention the details of the return journey too. That would be helpful.

I meant 7th August 2010

by pieter_jan_v

On Sunday it´s the same schedule, with a departure opportunity each hour (so you can shift the schedule I gave by hour).

The journey back is just in the reverse order.

It starts with 15:44 take bus #70 at the Hylkemaweg bus stop (18:21 back at Den Bosch).
Also this schedule can be shifted by hour.

Travel Tips for Den Bosch

The Catharina church

by MATIM

the only church in Europe where you can sail under. In 1964 They want to fill in the canals because the water was filthy and thousands of rats where living there. However two gentleman provide this from happening. Thanks to those gentleman we are able to sail on the Binnendieze. One of these man has is house above the binnendieze.

My time in the Duke's woods

by sambarnett

I only spent the total of perhaps 24 hours in Den Bosch so my page is far from complete. VT member OlafS has a fine site for this fine city. A few things: My camera miraculously started working again after a 10 day work stopage so I set out early in the morning to capture some views of the town. The canals, as you can see in the picture, were overflowing with water. Not good for the locals but it helped me. I managed to do something I had avoided during all my other rambles through Europe: I stepped in the world's LARGEST pile of dog crap. Fortunately there was plenty of water around with which to clean off my boot.

Jeroen Bosch

by tvdm

The famous medieval painter Jeroen (Hieronymos) Bosch had his roots here. He worked his whole life in Den Bosch but none of his paintings survive in the city, bar two plain portraits of Jesus and Mary, now on display in St Jan's cathedral.

Most of his surreal and often disturbing works are in Madrid's Prado museum, but there are more examples closer by: in Rotterdam, Gent and Brugge.

For more info on this extraordinary painter, check out the Jeroen Bosch website or www.boschuniverse.com for English info.

the Dragon of Marshes

by MATIM

Den Bosch has it's nickname "The Dragon of Marshes", for its position as a powerful city on the formerly swampy banks of the river Dieze, which made it hard to conquer for centuries. that's why you see the golden dragon on top of this monument.
You find this monument right across the railway station.

Street Market

by Nathalie_B

Every Wednesday and Saturday there is huge market where you can find everything from food to clothes.
Children can enjoy the animals' corner, which is very nicely designed. When my friend and I approached the flamingos this nasty goose (see the picture) flew over the fence to scare the poor birds. It was funny to see its owner chasing it and all the kids there where happy to see the show.

Comments