Alkmaar Hotels

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Palatijn: Hotel Palatijn****

Just outside the city center but nearer than Golden Tulip, this is an extraordinary and brandnew hotel with 56 rooms. A third is reserved for people recovering from surgery or illness and are owned by a health insurance company. This way, they do not have to go to a nursing home and can stay in this hotel for months. Nevertheless this is also a normal hotel where anyone who wishes can book accomodation. We visited the rooms and were extremelye enthusiastic. The designs throughout are modern and enticing. Everything (corridors, doors) are wide which also gives a restful and light quality along with the many windows.
The beds! Do not speak about the beds. They are fully electrically adjustable and I wanted to stay immediately. Every room has these beds as well as widescreen TV's, well spaced bathrooms and nice toiletries. The corner rooms on each floor are a little larger and include a smal kitchenette. Oh and bathrobe is included.

The hotel has full 24/7 medical care (nurses), sauna and Turkish bath, hairdresser and in the autumn of 2004 they will start with a massage parlour.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photo's due to my speechlessness about the beds :-) So I put one up from the internet.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Disabilities, Seniors
  • Written June 24, 2004
Tip Photo

HOTEL ROOM PALATIJN

• tini58de profile photo tini58de
  • Reviews: 2509

Camping Alkmaar

Very enjoyable, yet simple campground - clean, friendly and very quiet.

- good sanitary facilities
- bus stop right in front of the campground
- No shop (or as the boss said: "keen

Tip Photo

• Rapunzll profile photo Rapunzll
  • Reviews: 5

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stad en Land: Hotel Stad en Land - Not for everyone!

I made a reservation here, thankfully I didn't guarantee with a CC, because we decided not to stay.

My daughter lives in the Netherlands and I just returned from visiting with her, her husband and my new grandson. We planned a shopping trip to Alkmaar, which we both love and this hotel looked fine online and the price was right, €75.00 including breakfast. They told me that parking was €4 per night. I knew they were near the train station, so that wasn't a surprise, but they are right across from it, and that added with the other problems made us decide to look elsewhere for accomodations. First of all, we couldn't find a place to park, so my daughter drove around while I went in. I didn't find a door for the hotel proper, but the hotel bar was visible and I went in there and asked how to get into the hotel. The barmaid told me that I was in it and I asked where I'd check in, and she said right here, in the bar. I asked about the parking and she told me that it was €1.80 per hour from 9am-8pm and no charge the rest of the time. I asked about the €4 parking I'd been told about and she told me it was down the street. She went outside and pointed out to me where it was, and it was waaaaaay down there! It would be bad enough with just our luggage, but we also had baby stuff to carry. My daughter told me she didn't feel safe staying there and I agreed, the area around the station looked pretty trashy. Now, the woman at the hotel I spoke with was very nice, but I would not recommend this to someone with children or someone who had a vehicle.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average