ACH Leidse Square Hotel Amsterdam

BEST WESTERN Leidse Square Hotel
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• good location

This hotel is very easy to get to, since the direct airport buses 371 and 174 which only take 20 minutes, stop only a few minutes walk away in Leidse square. It's on a quiet street. It doesn't deserve 4 stars. An average 3 star hotel. Biggest problem is the smell of stale smoke in the rooms. Even if you're a couple book a twin as a double bed is very narrow for 2. Wide range of choice for breakfast. If you're looking buget and the location is what matters to you, then I'd recommend this hotel. If the hotel amenities count a lot, book a better hotel in the same area.

More about ACH Leidse Square Hotel Amsterdam

Outdoor fun

by Igraine about Leidse square

Leidse square is always busy not in the least because of its various tram stops but also because of its cafeĀ“s and pubs. There are also a few major cinema theaters here showing the current mainstream films. What you want, that counts for all of Amsterdam.

Great location, good price, nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cycleDan

We visited Amsterdam at the end of December for the new year's celebrations, and found the Leidse Square hotel to be better than we expected. The staff was uniformly friendly throughout our stay. They let us check-in when we arrived at 8 am, since a room was available, which was greatly appreciated after a long flight.

We were in a 3rd-floor double room overlooking the street, which was quiet enough.

The location is quite nice -- a quiet side street near the Leidssplein, Vondel Park, and the Museumplein. We walked everywhere we went in Amsterdam without any trouble.

The continental breakfast was a buffet-style, so it was quite filling, and was decent by European standards. It's a fairly large hotel, though, so if you show up between 9:30 and 10 am (breakfast ends at 10), the breakfast room can be pretty crowded.

All in all, we felt quite happy that we stayed here -- compared to the other hotels in the nearby vicinity, it was a great deal.

Great Value & Location

My boyfriend and I visited Amsterdam August Bank Holiday weekend, and our stay at the Leidse Square Hotel couldn't be better!
Great location - v.quiet
Large room with nice view
Staff all spoke English which was v.good, and friendly too!
The breakfast - although not mentioned when we booked was included in the price.
Continental in style there was bread, pastries, cereals, fruit, ham, cheese, eggs, enough to fill us up until teatime!!
The only downside is that because of the price it tends to attract large male parties -who can be a bit rowdy!! Also the stairs are rather steep and not very elderly/child friendly - although there is a lift.

All in all a great stay - and we might be booking again in the near future - Enjoy!

Cafe De Gieter

by Erkmen about Nightclubs

Located close distance to Leidse square, this small pub is turning out to be an amazing night club at nights. Busy with mainly local University students, Cafe de gieter offers very nice music with very cheap prices. Beer is only 1 Euro, which makes the place attractive for youngs.

Each time I have been to the pun its full and lots of energy inside. The pub is open till 03:00 during weekdays, however they stop the music at 02:30 and weekends go till 04:00...

When you are at Leidse plein ( Leidse Square), just take the road between Burger king and Sport Cafe. You will see many restaurants on thatroad. Keep on walking for around 150 meter, after the first corner, keep on walkin on the same direction. it is getting more quiet and suddenly on the left side you can see this small pub. You dont expect much from outside, but its nice inside..

Enjoy in Amsterdam Come as you are.. No code

Great Budget Hotel

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Leidse Sqaure Hotel. Upon arrival we were expected to pay up front for the room, which was fine for us, this is expected in quite a few hotels these days. The staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed us to check in early.
Our room was on the first floor at the back of the hotel, and as is located just off of the bustling Leidse Square in a residential neighbourhood. The view from our room was of resident's backyard's and the side of a house, but again this was ok for us as we were there to go out and see the sites not sit in our room!
Our room was very clean and was huge, with twin beds (pushed together) and a seperate sitting room with a small sofa and 2 chairs. The bathroom was adequate, clean and tidy. Breakfast was the usual, boiled eggs, cheese, ham, croissants, cornflakes.. but you had to be quick as most of it had gone within the first hour.
The location was perfect, only 10 minutes from most of the major attractions and being a residential area it was very quiet and I would have felt fine walking about on my own.
We are hoping to go back to Amsterdam at Xmas and we would definitely stay here again. If you are looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel you could do a lot worse than this one.

Excellent Value & Location

My husband & I stayed here for three nights late January 2006. We would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and so very friendly. Our room was on the first floor and was large, clean & a very comfortable bed! No tea or coffee making facilities but we brought a travel kettle & again the friendly staff had no problem supplying us with milk! Breakfast is superb, excellent choice of all kinds of breads, cheese, cereals etc. The toaster was a welcome bonus. The location is a perfect base, a very quiet area. Amsterdam is a wonderful city especially for young folks, if you are like us middle aged (!) perhaps not so good. We did enjoy our stay though & if we return will definately stay at this hotel again. Beware of the bikers though!

Great rooms / great location / great staff

by TripAdvisor Member Cal59nd

I have stayed in about a dozen hotels in Amsterdam, and this is by far the best I have found for under $100. The room and bathroom were spacious compared to most you find in Amsterdam. The staff were extremely polite and helpfull. The bed was even (almost) comfortable! I was out late every night (its a 5 minute walk to numerous bars and clubs) so missed the breakfast, but my wife says it was very good also (included).

The only negative was that there was a little construction going on in an adjacent lot, so we heard a little hammering (but the room had some soundproofing).

This is the only place I will consider staying from now on.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member rodent1976

We (myself and husband)spent 2 nights here, Feb 8th and 9th, and we were very happy with our choice of hotel.
We booked this hotel after reading the good reviews. The location was great, being in a nice quiet street away from the noisy parts of the city, but only a few minutes walk from the tram stop. There are lots of bars, coffee shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity if you don't want to catch a tram.
The staff were friendly upon checking in and room was quite spacious and very clean. The only complaint was that the plughole in the bathroom sink smelt a bit like rotten eggs sometimes but other than that is was fine.
The breakfast was simple but nice. We were able to leave our luggage in a locked room after we'd checked out as our flight wasn't until later that day.
Overall, we were pleased with our choice of hotel and it was excellent value for money. We would definitely stay there again if we ever go to Amsterdam again.

excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IrelandDeeDee

I spent ages reading reviews on hotels in Amsterdam before deciding on this hotel and I wasn't disappointed. Friendly staff, very spacious room, good breakfast and the hotel was in a great location. Everything that people have wrote on this hotel has been very accurate. I would definitly return to this hotel again.

leidse squareleidse square

Hotel

by FraMauro

If I have to choose between Eden Leidse and Ibis centre (near Centraal stn.) which is better? Ibis is charging around 30 euros more per day.

Thanks

by dnwitte

I have never stayed at either, but it's worth noting that the Ibis you mention isn't exactly 'near' Central Station, more like attached to it and directly overlooking Track 1. It's convenient for travelers but I'm not sure it's all that restful.

by notjustagranny

Hi
I would choose Eden Leidse simply because the area is so easy to get around and it is always horrid staying too close to mainline stations....very noisy. I have no idea about the Eden Leidse or what it is like, it depends on how long you are staying there and how much time you have.
wishing you a great time and use the money saved to do things while you are there
regards
Cindy

by margsch

The area near train stations is often a hangout for drunks and I would choose the Eden simply for this reason.

by pieter_jan_v

With the "Eden Leidse" do you mean the Eden American Hotel?

The hotel just went through a major indoor renovation and is back to its former quality standard.
I would recommend it over the Ibis that just added a new wing over the train tracks. Ptobably quieter and more spacious.

by FraMauro

This is the Eden Leidse Square hotel. I am planning to stay for 4 days with my 10 yr old son, then take the train to Paris, where my husband will join us. I suppose the Eden is a better and safer option for us when we return after sightseeing. Are big suitcases allowed on the tram to Centraal? How much is the fare? I will also be visiting Hague, Keukenhof and Zaans Schans. Do I have to go to Centraal station for Hague & ZS. Should I buy the Strippenkart?

by pieter_jan_v

The Strippenkaart is still valid for the Amsteram busses and trams (not for the metro). Cheapest public transportation option.

You already can by one at the Schiphol Plaza Train ticket office.

I had to re-check. The Eden group has 2 hotels at the Leidseplein:

The Eden Leidse Square amd the Eden American Hotel.

The reconstruction I wrote about was at the Eden American Hotel.

Comments