NDSM-Pier 3,1033 RG Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Budget Travel Backpacking Trains
See Amenities

A Hotel On a Canal

by written on January 15, 2005

A Hotel on a canal WEIRD yep!
Didn't spend much time here as you normally dont when your visiting places, but it's clean and cheap...what more do you need? We paid 88 euros for a double room, which me and my buddy thought was a steal! It's very close to central station and 5 mins from RL district.Book off Internet! amsterdamhotels.com

Unique Quality: IT'S A FRIGGIN BOAT...HOW UNIQUE IS THAT!!!!!!!

sylvie-uk's Profile Photo

good value, very centered

by written on January 12, 2005

The hotel is 5 mn from central station (where you arrive from the airport) and very close to the center of the town. you also have access to most of the trams at central station.
the hotel is basic inside but clean. you can also choose to have a room with view on the big canal. Prices are reasonnable considering its location.

TRAVELGIRLUSA's Profile Photo

A Big Disappointment

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 11, 2004

While this was a great location, the staff was VERY unfriendly. We asked on two different occassions, to 2 different staff, recommendations on eating and they acted as if we were bothering them with nonsense. We have traveled all over the world and been to Amsterdam before and never recieved such poor hospitality. I suggest a small canal house or B&B---We have stayed at the Rho Hotel before and enjoyed this hotel.

Unique Quality: Only Hotel on a boat

Directions: Next to train station

Wjester3's Profile Photo

Hell on Water

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 14, 2004

Absolutley the WORST place I ahve ever had the misfortune of staying in, and I HAVE been in some downright BAD pplaces..!!!!!

First, to make it bad our plane coming over had been cancelled out of Manchester. We finally arrived in the Botel about 8:00 pm.

They lost our reservations.

They offered uss the only room they had left, a tripple at 160 Euro a night, with the assurance that it would be straightened out in the morning by the manager.

In the morning th manger said he could get us into our room at 3pm that day, so in order to allow us to continur to see the city and not have to lug our bags with us he offered to put them in a secure room behind the front desk.

Then it happened.!!
We retturn3ed around 7:00 and they had everything straightened out and had gotten us into our room. WE collected our bags and went up. We had reservations at an Egyptian themed resteraunt that night so we started getting ready.

That is when we noticed it!!
Our bags had been rifled through!!! and to make it worse. Stuff was missing, not just anything but the worst thing you could think of, NO the cash we left in the front of the bag all 200 Euro of itwas still there. But my wifes undergarments and alot of our toiletries were just plain gone.

I couldn't believe it. I immediatly went down to see Azeez, the night manager. And of course, there was nothing he could do. My wife felt violated and we should have checked out there and then but didn't. I said I would talk to the manager the next day so I did. Nothing he could do either, all of our Cigs and Stuff were gone for good. Oh well was all he could say.
Didn't Even give a comp breakfast the Cheap Losers!!!!

Unique Quality: None, Breakfast Bar in the Morning that is all!!! And at 20.00 Euro for Rubber Eggs and Rock hard Toast.
You can do much better at any Mom and Pop Resteraunt in the Town, Even alot of the pubs have breakfast menus cause they know the hotels serve their guests crap!! Even the damn internet was 3 Euro in a coin box.

Directions: On a peir just outside to the left of the Central Station.

Custodyspice's Profile Photo

Cheap Budget Accommodation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 13, 2004

I paid, I think, about €89 for a double room, 2 single beds, small rooms, but bear in mind this is a boat. You can see the Botel from the entrance of Central Station so you dont need a taxi and is about 5 mins walk from the centre. Rooms cleaned daily, and friendly, helpful staff. If you're looking for a cheap convenient roof over your head, and not expecting the Hilton, then I recommend the Botel. I would stay here the next time I come.

Unique Quality: It is unique purely because youre staying on a boat! Makes a change from the norm. However I would pay the extra euros for the water view, not the land view ie, a brick wall.

Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Stay in the biggest houseboat in A'dam

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 16, 2003

Amsterdam is famous about it's houseboats, so why not stay on the water yourself. The waves will make you fall asleep softly after a busy day in the thrilling capitol of The Netherlands. The Botel is on the Amstel and so also not that far from the central district of Amsterdam. Prices are quite alright and service is good.

jgemini65's Profile Photo

The Amstel Botel is my...

by written on August 25, 2002

The Amstel Botel is my recommendation if you want to stay in town! It is quiet, nice view, and centrally located!
It was about 120.00 US for a triple with breakfast!

Unique Quality: It's a boat! It's a hotel! It's a Botel!

hevbell's Profile Photo

BOTEL

by written on August 24, 2002

A mock boat which sits (its not actually floating as its base is concrete but it looks like it is) in a harbour next to the floating Chinese restaurant.

Unique Quality: It has great views from the harbour side of the hotel. Its in a quiet area but near enough to be within walking distance of many of the main attractions. Trams leave frequently from the main train station a couple of minutes walk from the hotel

Directions: In the Oosterdok about 5 minutes walk from the Centraal Station

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Amstel Botel

• Wheelchair Accessible

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews