Amsterdam Escape

Historical Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Singles
See Amenities

amsterdam suite

by written on July 15, 2007

stayed in the suite for five days early july and had the best time yet in the dam.these apartments have the best location you could find in amsterdam,coffeeshops,bars,cafes,red light district and a supermarket when the munchies kick in right on your doorstep.brendan is a really nice and helpful guy and made us feel very welcome and was only a phone call away if you need anything.the apartment has more than enough in it to make you feel at home with playstation,dvds,videos,jukebox,bongs and the complimentry bag of weed was a nice touch.i would have no problem recommending escape apartments to anyone,we have been many times to the dam and this was by far the best experience we have ever had. these guys think of everything,you have to give this place a try.thanks again amsterdamescape,we will be going back as soon as possible.

Unique Quality: the apartment comes with a fully equipped kitchen,beautiful views of canal and a really cool decor.

Directions: china district,neiuwmarkt.

DavePage's Profile Photo

A great home from home

by written on September 23, 2006

I stayed at the House by Nieuwmarkt. This was my stag do, 14 of us stayed in this house which was perfect, virtually indistructable (so it seemed) and the TV, PS2 , DVD players in several rooms made it perfect for a group of lads.

So much in fact that the memories of this stay last (which is surprising to have any considering it was my stag do) , which is more than you can say for the marriage!

Unique Quality: This is like living as a local in Amsterdam. Facilities are great, not too fancy but feels like home from home. They have a number of different sized residences about town and several of my friends have stayed at their smaller flats and loved the feel of having your own place for a few days.

Directions: Right by the Nieuwmarkt square.

Amsterdam Coke Apartment

by written on May 25, 2006

Wow, what can I say? When researching for a site to stay for 6 guys coming over from Canada, I stumbled upon AmsterdamEscape apts. What a lucky find. Brendan and his crew were fantastic in helping to get us our reservation and reassuring us that their accomodations would have everything we needed. It sure did. We went with the Coke Apartment because of our numbers. It was PERFECT! Location, size, price, features, location, etc. :)

During our stay Brendan was ready at anytime to answer questions and help out. When in doubt, just ask. The apartment had everything we needed. Having a decent stereo system was a huge plus. The Playstation came in handy a couple of times too. Complimentary computer/internet service on the floor below was a nice touch too.

The only thing that I could suggest is that they get a ventillation fan for the bathroom.

Thanks again Brendan. You can count on me to tell everyone I know about your place. I'll be back in the future for sure!! I'm missing A'dam already :P

Cheers,

Kanada Kev =8)

Great Stay

by written on February 20, 2006

6 of us stayed at AmsterdamHQ and had a fantastic time. The apartment was very clean and feels more like a home than a rental. It has everything you need. The neighborhood is busy but not overcrowded or "touristy".

Unique Quality: Pleanty of pubs, restaurants and shopping in the area. If you are traveling alone or with a group of friends there is no better way to spend your time in this city.

Directions: Amsterdam City Centre

Best Amsterdam Apartments

by written on February 13, 2006

This was my second time in Amsterdam, and we were looking for a last-minute hotel/hostel for our 3 person, 3 day stay.

At 9pm the night before our departure, I found AmsterdamEscape. They were prompt in answering my questions, and the booking was completed the night before (even though they didn't have an automated system to do it...)

Most rooms were taken, so we chose the AmsterdamCoke apartment.

Needless to say, it was EXCELLENT.

Brendan (the owner, I'm guessing) greeted us at his main apartment building, and walked us to our room. It was HUGE by city room standards- 2 full floors, a kitchen suite, bathroom, living/dining area, and 6 separate sleeping areas (2 double beds, 2 bunks and I think a separate single bed, as well as the sofa).

And we got it cheap- like, 43 pounds per person per night, which was a bargain.

The location was PERFECT. Right in the middle of everything. The decor was simply amazing- so much effort had been vested in creating a "coca-cola" themed experience-- I'd say they ploughed thousands of pounds into all the little knick-knacks and decorations (literally hundreds of Coca-Cola memorabilia- all decorated around the whole apartment).

Unique Quality: The whole place was brilliantly cleaned, spotloss.

But the best thing of all was the little touches. Like, the complimentary mini-bar that was filled with chocolate, beer, water, a yoghurt, cookies, etc.

And the free computer on the floor just below with a complimentary "help yourself" tin of chocolate bars.

Or the cooking utensils and condiments, like the bottle of ketchup or the olive oil. Just little things like this that really gave it the touch.

We also found a secret stash of everything you'd need to smoke... a small bag of weed, pipes, papers, a bong, etc. I read on the site that this was another freebie (although, we had to hunt to find it!)

All in all, it was an excellent experience. There was even a Playstation 2, a TV, a hi-fi and a stash of decent games, CDs and DVDs to watch or play with... very cool to compliment your Amsterdam experience.

There's only a few tiny gripes I had about the place that I'm sure would only bother a perfection-seeker like myself. Firstly, there was no-where to plug my laptop in (removing the ethernet cable at the back of the computer and plugging it into mine didn't work)-- a wireless hotspot in the apartment would have been cool.

Secondly, there was no daily maid service or mini-bar refills. Since we paid a nightly rate, I would have expected those to be topped up.

But again, these are only very minor things.. Brendan was an excellent host and I'm sure if we gave him a call, he would have sent someone over to refill right away.

I would HIGHLY recommend an AmsterdamEscape apartment to anyone going to the city. The location is perfect, and the room/suite, decor, experience and freebies vs. price is simply unbeatable. It beats the pants off the hostel we stayed in before-- 100x over.

I will definitely be contacting them again when I'm next over... next time, I think I'll try one of the other apartments, just for a different experience (they all look so good).

Directions: Amsterdam Centre, NieuwMArkt

What amazing places they have at Escape

by written on June 26, 2005

From the moment we make our booking with them to even after we checked out they really looked after us.

We stayed with them during a rare heat wave in Amsterdam and the Escape crew where up to us (without us asking) not with 1 fan but with 2 large fans. We only rented a studio

Heat lasted 2 nights and we were back to normal.
me and Jennie had an great stay with Amsterdam Escape. They supplied everything. And I mean it.

All there apartmwents are different, in style, name and decor.

Back to you again next year.

Robbie & Jenie
Dublin , Ireland

Unique Quality: what can we say.

Simply the best -Amsterdam accommodaton wise.

Directions: A great central location at Nieuwmarkt.

HeyMoFo's Profile Photo

Amsterdam Pad provided by Amsterdam Escape

by written on May 20, 2004

During Christmas / New Year's 2003 we stayed at Amsterdam Escapes studio apartment called Amsterpad. It was awesome! Fully furnished small colorful studio right across from Niewmarkt Square, adjacent to the Red Light District and near some great restaurants. A market and bakery were across the street for our essentials as well as a bank (ATM). Watch out for the stairs, typical Amsterdam ..... straight up. The studio had cable, Playstation, a selection of CD's and DVD's.

Unique Quality: This studio is right across from Niewmarkt Square where an organic food market is set up. Also the square was absolutely crazy on New Years eve. Fireworks are legal and there were thousands of partying people in the square that night. When we got tired of the crowd we went up to the studio apartment and watched the wild times from our window that overlooked the square. Fabulous!!!!! Absolutely recommendable.
We stayed 14 days there.

Directions: Niewmarkt Square, adjacent to Red Light District (RDL) and a casual 10 - 15 minute walk to downtown central.

Nearby Amsterdam Escape

Amsterdam Escape

• Amsterdam Escape Hotel Amsterdam

Address: Geldersekade Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1012BN, The Netherlands

3 Photos of Amsterdam Escape

Amenities at Amsterdam Escape

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews