Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, Amsterdam, 1012, The Netherlands

Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• arnesk's Profile Photo

A lousy, but great place

I have stayed here several times. Why? I am not sure. The place is junk, but it is proud of it.

I have slept in room with ten beds. I have found puberty hair in the sheet, before I got into it. They throw everybody out around 12, even if you are staying another night - so that they can sort of clean the room. And the reception is in another building - one block away.

But the reception is a cool place. It is like a cafe. You are going down a few steps, they are playing some music and it is a strong cannabis-air. You get some fried eggs for breakfast.

Both the room and the reception is a great place to get to know other people.

I like it the place. But I am sure a lot of people will really dislike it.

Directions: It is about 5 minutes walk from the Central Station. Go to the bridge right of the main bridge. Walk over that bridge and just go straight ahead.

• pporto's Profile Photo

Bob's gets two thumbs up!

After arriving in Amsterdam without any place to stay, I joined a group from UT Austin on the quest for a hostel. We ended up going to Bob's Youth Hostel (after being turned down at the Flying Pig) and getting a three person apt. We ended up putting 6 of us girls in there because it was SO DAMN HUGE!!! The apt was bigger and nicer than mine at home! We had a great view, a very large kitchen with breakfast nook and oven, and the bathroom was pretty large too. The place was clean and had a homey feel. There was even a fireplace! I don't think the dorms there were AS nice, but they didn't seem too bad. I also think we got the best apt they had (we saw another 3 person one and it was also really large and nice, but not as large and nice as ours)

Unique Quality: Be prepared for stairs! To get to our apt, we had to hike up 5 flights of steep and narrow stairs.

The apt we had was one street down from the Bob's Youth Hostel office, but just a two minute walk, if even.

Bob's has Heineken Happy Hour from 8-midnight every night with 1 euro Heinekens! The lounge is usually full of people during this time and it's a good place to meet other travelers. (plus, you don't really have to be staying at Bob's to go to happy hour...unlike the bar at Flying Pig)

I think there was free internet too, but I'm not sure.

Great location....near the train station, downtown and the red light district.

Directions: Basically a 5 min walk from Central Station, near downtown and the Red Light District (good location)

More about Bob's Youth Hostel

Bobs Youth Hostel. Inexpensive...

by Katirose

Bobs Youth Hostel. Inexpensive and has a main room for gathering. I have no idea where it was except that it is not far from the train station and they don't take reservations.

Comments