Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

Langestraat 34, Amsterdam, 1015AL, The Netherlands

• Thursdayschild's Profile Photo

Home from home

I stayed with my boyfriend for 3 nights. Peter, our host, was extremely welcoming and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and quiet with a compact, clean and practical en-suite. Breakfast was superb and a fridge in the shared living room was re-stocked daily with soft drinks, beer, cheese and meats for us to nibble on free of charge. Centrally located, only a short walk from Centraal Station but in a quiet residential area. Great value for money and you really were made to feel at home.

Unique Quality: Peter, the owner, has two little dogs - very cute and friendly and quiet however, as all the rooms have a dog theme/name, you really should like dogs!

More about Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

What a lovely man!

by TripAdvisor Member stickybun70

Sadly, due to an accident on route to the airport we were unable to make our flight and couldn't stay at Boogaard's. My partner 'phoned Peter to let him know what had happened (whilst I sat sobbing miserably in the car!). Peter was most understanding and said that he would welcome us back in the future.

So, this isn't really a review of Boogaard's as such but a comment on a very lovely and compassionate man!

Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member LindseyJ

We (6 members fo the same family aged between 22 and 75) have just returned from a wonderful 3 night trip to Amsterdam staying at this excellent B and B. The personal service and attention to detail of our host exceeded our expectations. Rooms were spotlessly clean. A different, delicious, freshly prepared breakfast equipped us for our sightseeing. The specific needs of the one vegetarian in our party caused no problems for Peter's excellent catering. The accommodation is in a very convenient location for all major tourist attractions.
We are all enthusiastic to go back and would not dream of staying anywhere else.

Simply the Best

by TripAdvisor Member caroclarke

Just returned from a four night stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. The rooms were gorgeous spotlessly clean, and breakfast was fab, each day a different delicious home cooked feast - no trouble was spared to accommodate two vegetarians in our party.
Our host Peter was an absolute gem full of information and suggestions on how to make the best of our break in Amsterdam. We were made really welcome and feel we have experienced a real taste of life in a Dutch home.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this bed and breakfast to anyone and will most definitely be going back myself for more pampering.

A Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member SE56

I don' t think we have ever stayed in such a great B&B.

There was a fantastic welcome from and conversation with Peter, cosy and comfy bedrooms (we stayed in Pug and Jack Russell rooms), scrumptious breakfasts and tea/coffee/cake facilities when you get back from a days sightseeing!.

We hope to return to Amsterdam next year, and there is no doubt we will book again. Absolutely brilliant!

The Dalmation Room is great!

by TripAdvisor Member crucando

We had just come from spending a few days in Croatia with family. After a few hours of travel and delays, we just wanted to get to our room and relax. Well relax we did! Staying at the B & B felt like our home away from home. Our host ,Peter, was so kind and gracious. He made sure to show us where everything was and made sure that we had everything that we needed for our stay. Our room was very nicely decorated. The bed sucked away all of our energy. We slept great every night. Having the kitchen was definately an advantage. Peter and staff made sure that it was always well stocked. (I love those mocha cookies!) If we felt like staying in, he had a stock of movies to choose from. When we wanted to go out to eat, Peter had many suggestions (and some were just around the corner.) Everything was located within a few minutes of the B & B eg: museums, shops, and restaurants. Sure we had to share the bathroom with someone else but it was never an issue. Everything is spotless! If you're looking seriously for someplace to stay in Amsterdam, I would stop your search right here! This is it, trust me.

Perfect Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member bmwoodley

We booked a room at Boogaards for 4 days in August as we were traveling with our dog in tow and had searched the web looking for a nice place that would allow dogs. I thought we may have found the best place when I read the web site and all the rooms are named after breeds of dogs--not to mention that there is a dog named Pepe in residence.
We found that Boogaards is a great place to stay, whether man or beast. The location is great, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the host. Peter, is a great cook...breakfasts are excellent. Peter is also very helpful, and also knows the best places to go for dinner, Extra bonus--there are some excellent restaurants right in the neighborhood. You can't miss with this one.
B/M Woodley
Chicago, Illinois and Doha, Qatar

A wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member VolRider

My wife and I and another couple stayed at Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast for two days last week. Peter is a wonderful host! He is very knowledgeable about the city and gave us great recommendations for restaurants and things to do. He cooks a magnificent breakfast and the rooms are immaculate.

When we return to Amsterdam in the future, we will stay with Peter again!

Chart topper

by TripAdvisor Member Andrea_from_Canada

We've stayed in a lot of B&Bs, and this one tops the charts, hands down. It was all the usual things you hope for - convenient location, scrupulously clean, great breakfasts…and more. The suites have been recently renovated to a gorgeous standard, and the host, Peter, has gone all out to create a haven of complete comfort – from the bathrobes in the bedroom, to the helpful travel advice, to city guides you can borrow…this place sets a new definition for hospitality. We will definitely stay here again, and we’ve already started recommending it to friends.

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member ReneeBouchard

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and found our host Peter to be most helpful, knowledgeable and generous in all ways. He served a full delicious and different breakfast each morning and offered helpful advice in navigating Amsterdam and in finding incredible restaurants. Our room was beautifully furnished, comfortable and spotless. Everything about this B & B was tasteful and we wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Amsterdam--comments on places to stay

by 1Sharla

These are the ideas of the places we are trying to decide between. Any suggestions? We want to be close in to everything, walking/biking distance or easy/short public transport. We want to stay in a CLEAN, friendly, non smoking place, one that is easy to associate with other guests at.

If you know of these locations and have stayed there please comment.

The places I have found that seem decent are around $100-125 euros per night. Is that what I should expect to pay? What about if we get out of Amsterdam for a couple nights? Will the country places be cheaper--and where is recommended?
Thanks

City Center Bed & Breakfast
Boogaards Bed & Breakfast
Hotel Fita

by pieter_jan_v

Farm stay and close to everything do not match easily.

If you want a cheaper accommodation you could look in other towns like Haarlem, Weesp or Zaandam. They all have excellent train connections to Amsterdam.

Some general farmstay and B&B are on my:

Search for places in the Province of Noord-Holland.

PJ

by travelgourmet

Why leave your hotel in Amsterdam. You can see a lot of the countryside and towns by taking the train. Clean, reliable, and on time. My wife and I did a circle tour with stops along the way. Gouda was a great town on the circle train trip for the day. Another day, Friday, and we went to Alkmaar via train early in the morning to see the cheese runners and weighing of the cheese. They only do this on Fridays mid-April to mid-September.

by jaybob71

www.rho.nl This hotel is reasonably priced for right in the centre and staff are friendly. Used to be a theatre once upon a time :0)

by berlingirl84

Try www.fortamsterdam.com

In my opinion it´s the best place to stay.
They offer Bed&Breakfast and Apartments.

Best wishes from Berlin,