Kleine Noorddijk 1, Amsterdam, 1187 NZ, The Netherlands

Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Poor

• vladelets kempinga crazy

Дорогие русскоговорящие.

Группа наша вернулась назад после концерт, чуть попозже чем и не хотел принимать нас. Мы стояли, ждали долго. У нас была детская группа (возрость 10, 11, 12 и т.д.
    Владелец - зверь

От имени Белорусской группы.

Unique Quality: Наш совет не посещать этот кемпинг. Владелец - ужасный сумасшедший психопат и расист. Особенно он ненавидит поляков и белорусских.
    Владелец - зверь

От имени Белорусской группы.

• a madman

I almost had a fight with this owner. I guess he thought I was an inspector and talking to his illegal personal, what he did not allow, so he shouted, pushed me out.
    I will write a complaint to the vreemdelingenpolitie, police of Aalsmeer a.s.o. and will ask them to check him out thourougly in order to stop his behaviour towards people. He was also rude against the people of my touristgroup and let them wait in the cold for a long time when they arrived a bit later after a show.
    He should be stopped. I see a good carrier for him with Wilders.

Wim Berkhout

Unique Quality: there is a crazy idiot walking around. The owner

• owner is racist and aggresive

Me and my 13 friends hired a 6-person bungalow and an 8-person chalet between 24.06 – 27.06.2011. We paid a full price for both accommodations, which we left tidy. We hardly spent any time at the camping as most of the time we were out. According to the rules of the camping the check out should happen before 11 am. 10 of my friends were leaving on Monday 27th at 8.30 am and me with my boyfriend and 1 friend were planning to leave before 11 am.

When we went to the reception at 8.30 I kindly asked the man at the reception to swap the documents for the bungalow. I explained him that 4 people from bungalow are leaving now (one of them had her driving licence in the reception) and 2 are leaving later. Therefore I offered to leave my passport for another 2 hours so my friend who was leaving at that time could take her driving licence. Meantime other friends from the chalet were gathering outside and the person who left the document for the chalet was still inside the chalet and was planning to leave with us before 11. When I asked if I could swap the documents for the bungalow the owner suddenly changed his polite behaviour and started shouting at me and counting the people gathering outside. I explained him that 4 of them are from the bungalow and 7 are from the chalet and they are leaving now. He even didn’t want to listen to me and started shouting racist comments into my face such as: “you stupid Polish”, “you Polish idiot”. I kindly asked him to calm down and explained that 11 people outside are not from the 6-person bungalow but he wouldn’t listen. He kept screaming at us and gesticulating with hands, I was so afraid that he would hit me! He screamed: “I am calling the police”. My question was why if it was the owner who was brutal and harassing us, we were calm and did nothing wrong. I told him: “I want you to call the police” as I knew that we did nothing wrong and the police would help us, but he didn’t call. He kept screaming: “get out of my camping now!!”. I was still wearing my pyjamas, I didn’t have any breakfast and a shower as I planed to leave in 2 hours time.
    Please bear in mind that we didn’t visit a private house where the owner could kick us out. We visited a public camping and paid for the accommodation for 14 people in a bungalow and in a chalet so we were guests. The staff should look after us, as this is their job! Instead of that 2 hours before the check out when we only kindly asked to swap the documents the owner harassed us with racist comments, kicked us out of the camping and for the money we paid I wasn’t even allowed to have a shower and breakfast before leaving. I was given 30 seconds to pack up my clothes. What is more the owner wouldn’t stop shouting like he was in a madness, he was screaming to us: “shout up” every time I wanted to ask him why or what has happened that he treated us like that. I told him that he behaves like Hitler treating us like that and he did a Hey Hitler arm with a smile and pride on his face!

• originalribenababy's Profile Photo

Bostel Amsterdamse Bos, campground Amsterdam

This place is located fairly close to the airport, but a fair way from Amsterdam, but it has good transport links so it was never a problem. Its based in the woods which is really nice, we even spent the last day of our trip just going for a days walk around them coz they were lovely :)

We stayed in a wooden hut, which was filled with spiders and other creatures but what can you expect in the outdoors? They were clean and we paid to have the hut to ourselves (they are meant to sleep about 4-5 but you don't share with strangers). There was a hut where you could make food etc and a small shop on site for food. The site also had a pub/cafe which we ate at once which was nice.

The shared bathroom facilities were ok, flip flops might be a good tip for the showers (but it always is for shared showers!)

We had a great trip here and would recommend it to any outdoorsy types wanting to visit Holland

Unique Quality: Located in beatiful woodland (will post more pics up when I get home), really cheap: when we were there it was £7 pppn, different fun place to stay :)

We booked this accommodation through Hostelworld.com, although if you contact the site directly they would probably be able to discuss the options of bringing your own tent, or booking one of the better chalets on site so they are worth contacting :)

Directions: From the airport take bus 199 direction WTC (for about 15 minutes) The bus stop is right in front of the campsite, although this isn't too clear. You will see a sign at the roundabout for Amsterdam Bos. Its the stop up the road from that.

• Amsterdamse bos