City Garden Hotel Amsterdam

Senoritasmile's Profile Photo

Great Location - Big thumbs up

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2007

Definitely recommend. The location was perfect for me, central and within easy walking distance to everything. It's in a great street with some cute bars and a variety of restaurants and has a fab bakers a few doors down. The staff at reception were helpful and friendly. My room was overlooking the street (some overlook the canal behind) but it wasnt at all noisy. The bed was so lovely and comfortable and I enjoyed the fluffy bath robe, slippers and super toiletry set. The bathroom, although a little small, was clean and modern. TV had channels in several languages.

I had to shop around to get a decent rate but I would definitey stay here again.

Half way house?

by written on August 9, 2006

Ok the AMS if I recall is on a street in the redlight District. As a tip or info on the AMS from my experiences is this. The AMS Hostal is a very cold place inside and out the comfort is laking and the staff is ok. You do sometimes pay lesser there than anywere in A'dam but it's for a reason. If your in need of a Hostal there are far better locations with Bar's inside with great people to assist you in your traveling needs. Some christian or religious travelers usually stay there due to the fact that it is non coed but it's such a more dangerous place to be because of how cheap it is to stay and the location of it. I have heard and seen bad things go down there.

Directions: RED LIGHT DISTRICT

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Great location, basic facilities

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 15, 2006

I've read some not-so pleasant reviews on this hotel but I can't say I agree with them. This hotel is part of the Best Western chain. It has basic facilities and the double room I got was small but what can you expect for Euro 70 per night in Amsterdam? All rooms are equipped with bath or shower, hair-dryer, radio and telephone. There is an elevator available. The staff are friendly and gave me a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor which was facing the canal. Lovely! The sheets are also clean and I had plenty of hot water in the shower.

The hotel was undergoing renovations so I guess I got a newly refurbished room because everything was fresh looking, even the carpet. Breakfast was included in the hotel price but it is also basic; eggs, ham, coffee, bread and juice; good enough for me.

However, the hotel could improve by providing free internet to all hotel guests and the pillows could be a little more firm

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is great because it's next to the Museumplein, Stedelijk Museum, Van Gogh Museum, Leidseplein and the old inner city with its canals are within walking distance. I was looking around at some other places before I chose this place and I'm glad I did because it's located in a quiet corner and close to everywhere I want to go. I almost stayed close to the Central Station but later I found out it was noisy & too busy, not my style. It's also close to the shopping street and the tram (no.2 & 5 from Central) and canal cruise is right next to the hotel

Directions: Along the canal next to Rijksmuseum

Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

For those who are going to see all the museums

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 16, 2003

Hotel museum is situated next to the Rijksmuseum in the nieghbourhood where also the Vincent van Gogh museum is and a walk to town is easily started to connect to all other museums in Amsterdam.

City Garden Hotel Amsterdam

• Hotel City Garden Amsterdam

Address: Pieter Cornelisz Hooftstraat 162, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1071 CH, The Netherlands

Nearby City Garden Hotel Amsterdam

2 Photos of City Garden Hotel Amsterdam

View Professional Photos

Amenities at City Garden Hotel Amsterdam

• Restaurant
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews