Eden Amsterdam Centre Hotel

Nassaukade 387 390, (formerly Tulip Inn), Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1054AE, The Netherlands

Hampshire Hotel - Theatre District Amsterdam
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• johngayton's Profile Photo

For The Money No Complaints This Time!

At the time of booking I didn't realise that this was part of the Eden group, otherwise I might not have bothered. But having booked it through "Expedia" purely on a basis of price and location I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

This is a good modern mid-market hotel with all the basics done right. Comfortable (if slightly small - but this is Amsterdam) room, internet access from room (at an extra charge) or free access in bar.

Unique Quality: The thing I was most impressed with was the friendliness of the staff, nothing was a problem, except that they do not seem to stock condoms.

That was not actually MY problem. I was sitting downstairs on the computer about 2 am when this guy comes up to me and asks if I have any condoms I could spare him - at my age, me still carrying condoms just in case!

Check in/ check out was friendly and efficient, my comings and goings were all acknoweledged in a friendly manner. Sitting with a coffee after checking-out I watched new arrivals being shown the luggage room as the check-in time wasn't for a couple of hours.

Directions: A couple of minutes walk from Liedsplien, go right at junction where Marriot is.

• mustardgirl's Profile Photo

Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre

Hotel is in a good location. It is just off the main city center in Oud Zuid (Old South), couple minutes walk from all the pubs in Leidseplein. It is easily accessible by tram; from Central Station take tram no 1, 2 or 5.

Hotel is recently renovated and there is still some work going on. We didn’t notice any noise though. It is one very pleasant 3 star hotel and suitable for people who want good basic accommodation and are not after luxury.

Breakfast room is in the basement and the buffet menu is rather poor. But it will get you started. During summer you can have breky on a terrace.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

SLEEP IN ONE OF OUR TULIPS.......

Within walking distance of the most important museums and attractions in Amsterdam, something very beautiful is blosseming now: the Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre.

As of 31st March 2003, this is the new name of the Westropa Hotel on the Nassaukade.

The delightful *** Hotel with its 70 rooms, breakfast area, lobby bar and own parking facilities is the 5th acquisition of the EDEN HOTELGROUP.

The rooms and public areas of this hotel have undergone a complete metamorphosis - a guarantee for a stay according to the Golden Tulip Standard.

Unique Quality: FOR MORE info and reservations please, see: www.edenhotelgroup.com

Directions: see maps and city plans and ....taxi drivers know where to go.....and meeting a taxi driver is a MUST, they are such special people....

More about Eden Amsterdam Centre Hotel

Excellent Hotel

Excellent hotel. We stayed at The Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre for 5 nights. The hotel is clean, nice small lobby with free Internet access, rooms are small but very clean. Excellent matresses and pillows.

Located at walking distance from many interesting places> Museumplein, Voldenpark, coffeshops, restaurtants, stores.

Staff was friendly and willing to help. Location is excellent. Very close to Leidseplein (across de canal). Neighborhood is safe and pretty.

I will recommend this hotel without reservations.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JoJo128

I stayed at the Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre for 3 nights. The hotel had a small bar and free internet access in the reception. Staff were friendly. Room was extremely clean, ours was a decent size (room 120). Room also had a flat screen TV with loads of channels. Beds were comfortable but we had 2 singles pushed together instead of a double. Hotel was close to Leidseplein square where there are loads of shops, coffee shops and restaurants. Its a 20 minute walk or short tram ride to the train station and Red Light District. I would definately book this hotel again. Downfall was they called to clean the rooms at 8.30am, even when the do not disturb sign was on the door. Otherwise a very pleasant stay.

perfectly situated

by TripAdvisor Member sevenlights

hi! we stayed in the tulip inn amsterdam central and found it perfect! its located in leidseplein which is a lively place with all the best bars and restaurants not to mention shops! its about a 5 minute walk away from leidseplein square so its nice and quiet at night but you dont need a taxi. rooms very small but clean and staff friendly, food is usual european fare of bread ham and cheese enjoyable though. when we arrived at schipol airport we took train to central station, there we bought a 3 day tram pass and took the 5 tram all the way to leidseplein you can also take the 2. highly recommend it

Avoid at all costs!!!

Pros:
*Location is excellent-very close to the top 3 tourist attractions (although the city on a whole is so small you can walk across the whole city in 30 minutes, so everything is close anyway)
*Room was very clean
*Hotel is in a safe and mostly-quiet area
*The staff was friendly and helpful.
*The room was equipped with a safe.

Cons:
*THIS WAS THE SMALLEST ROOM I'VE EVER STAYED IN! At no point could my wife and I walk past each other-we had to constantly yield and weave our way around the room. For 110 euro, it seems to me like you should get more than a shoebox with a bed. It couldn't barely fit us and our luggage let alone a refridgerator or anything else useful such as a dresser or bureau to put your clothes in. I really hate living out of a suitcase, but this is exactly what we were forced to do. To make it worse, you had to constantly jump over or weave around your suitcases just to get around the room. THIS IS THE LEVEL OF COMFORT YOU GET FOR 110 A NIGHT????
*You had to duck your head under the bathroom shelf just to be able to rinse your mouth after brushing (see above)
*THE BREAKFAST BUFFET IS A SHAM!!! The breakfast is pathetically small-just cold cuts, OJ and coffee. Something so sad coupled with overall travel experience made me think the breakfast MUST be free, but instead they charge you 14 euro per person for this pathetic food spread!!!! I almost blew a gasket when I saw the 84 euro charge on my final bill for 3 days of ham sandwiches and coffee!
*You can't really use the steps if you're carrying anything as they are very steep, narrow and smooth (I was on the 4th floor). Add to that the slow and very narrow elevator.
*I had to leave a day early and told them this on day one of our formerly 8-day trip, but THEY WOULD NOT REFULND MY UNUSED NIGHT EVEN WITH OVER 1 WEEK NOTICE! Between this and the breakfast, I really feel as if I was amost literally robbed.

I am including a pic I took as we were 'unpacking'. I was standing in front of the bathroom door which is right next to the room's front door when I took this picture, so pretty much what you see in the pic is THE TOTAL ROOM AREA! Very, very small indeed...

In summary, you can do much, much better for a place to stay. The cleanliness and location hardly make up for the other significant reasons to avoid the Tulip Inn Amsterdam Center. MUST AVOID!!!!

great location, great value!

having read the previous reviews, i was worried that we would be sent to another hotel; luckily, that did not happen..staff at the front desk were very helpful and even helped looking up the train schedule on the net; the room was a decent size, modern, clean and comfy..only complaint i have is that there is no
air-con (which is fine this time of the year since it is winter); location is great..just a 5 min short walk and there are a bunch of bars and restaurants! if you are coming from the airport, take the train to central station and then take tram 1, 2 or 15

Very clean hotel

We booked a double room and stayed for two nights. The room was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not worth 14 euros though. There are plenty of cafes nearby where you can get breakfast (full English between six and ten euros each). Hotel only a short walk from the tram stop. Close enough to walk to bars, restaurants at the Leidseplein, but far enough away to get a good night's sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

Adam is a Blast

by allysage

"Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre"

Great Hotel for a great price. I ususally stay in hostels but between a friend and I this was just as affordable. The location is awesome!

"Red Light District"

It is Deffinetly more than Whores. What a fun time, I was really hessitant at first but after I realized it is more than prostitution I had a blast. A bit expensive for drinks but an experience to be had.

trip to the dam

by logixone

Hey,
I am headed to Amsterdam next week and wanted to get a lil info,Im staying in the Tulip Inn Amsterdam West & my hotel info. says it does not include any applicable service fees or regulatory surcharges, how much could this all be, and what form would they accept payment? Is herb smoking alright in smoking in this hotel or any? Any other amsterdam/RLD info. etc. would be appreciated-thanks

RE: trip to the dam

by pieter_jan_v

The only surcharge I can find on the hotel's website is:

TAX: 5.00 PCT PER ROOM PER NIGHT

Inform upon arrival, also about the smoking, because most rooms are non-smoking.

General Amsterdam info: http://www.visitamsterdam.nl and our own Virtual Tourist Amsterdam & Schiphol pages.

Useful links at: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tp/102db6