Fusion Suites Number40

Roemer Visscherstraat 40, Amsterdam, 1054, The Netherlands

More about Fusion Suites Number40

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member hardtopleasetexan

Sharmila and Alex are wonderful hosts. We truly felt like guests in their home during our stay the second week of May. The room was immaculate, comfortable and very spacious. I do a lot of homework before booking accomodations for our trips. Believe me, we were not disappointed with this choice. The Suites are in a very nice neighborhood and Amsterdam is very walkable. There is a little Italian restaurant within a 3 minute walk of the Suites which Sharmila recommended. We loved it. Do yourself a favor and stay here. You will not regret it.

A truly special wonderful place - a real gem and a great price to add

by TripAdvisor Member SLin96

We stayed at the Fusion Suites for 6 days in May. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and immediately booked with them. We had a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until the time we left. It really is everything the other reviews have said. Our room was beautiful, clean and larger than any European hotel room I’ve ever stayed in. We stayed in one of the Grand Suites and had more space than we knew what to do with. Bed was super comfortable with a special type of mattress – not a Tempurpedic but even more confortable. Linens were great – all toiletries were provided (L’Occitane). It’s the little touches that made our stay wonderful. Fresh flowers in the room. Beautiful furniture and wall furnishings. A wonderful breakfast in their beautiful kitchen every morning – delicious with variety and fresh fresh everything. (I still think about the wonderful breakfasts!) The room had a desktop computer and fax but we never used it. I had my laptop and it was wonderful using the wireless connection as an alternative. The location is in my opinion perfect – close to the museums, walking distance to everything else including Anne Frank House. It is in a very nice part of town and the street it is on is picture perfect. The only time we needed a taxi was when we arrived and left. Many trams are close by if one feels the need. Sharmila and Alex were wonderful and helped us with any questions that we had. I would absolutely stay there again the next time I am in Amsterdam.

Great time at the Fusion Suites

by TripAdvisor Member mengchin

We stayed at the grand suite over the May bank holiday, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The room was really big and comfortable, plus beautifully done up. More importantly our hosts, Sharmila and Alex were very friendly. We felt more like staying with friends at home rather than being in a posh hotel (which it certainly was).

We had very good home cooked breakfast by Sharmila, and what a spread it was too. The room was so nice that we almost had to tear ourselves away from it every day, having to remind ourselves that we were there to see Amsterdam. And the location of Fusion Suites was extremely convenient, practically walking distance to every attraction in the city.

Would we go back to Fusion Suites? Most definitely!!!

A luxury experience

by TripAdvisor Member marypdublin

This is a luxury experience that makes you feel at home, but home could never be like this. Breakfast is a cornocopia served by Alex with the relaxed hospitality that seems to be the natural disposition of everyone in this easy going city of cyclists. If you want the perfect dinner to match this experience try to make a reservation at Van Vlaanderen telephone 020 622 8292 where food and hospitality merge so seemlessly to create an experience that is a taste of heaven.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Oszosz

Hi all
First of all book now it's wonderful. We stayed at the Fusion Suites 4 nights in May. What a great place. Homemade breakfast every day. Wonderful and helpful hosts. Great room.
Amsterdam is a fantastic place to visit. If you are up for a fun way to tour the city check out MIKE'S BIKE TOUR. they have mult. guided bike + boat tours awsome people.

Have fun : )

Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member Dharms

All the reasons to choose a Bed & Breakfast. Just arrived back from a weekend break in Amsterdam and had booked Fusion Suites as a treat for my wife for her birthday and our annivesary. Belive me she was on cloud 9. Better than a 5-star hotel is what sums up the beautiful Fusion Suites in Amsterdam! We loved everything about it – from the wonderful, freshly-cooked breakfasts to the fabulous suites, the location and the ever-so-charming hosts, Sharmila and Alex. They made our stay very special and made us feel so very welcome…would recommend anyone visiting Amsterdam to stay with them...miss most the yummy pancakes every morning! If in amsterdam do yourself a favour and stay at fusion suites - you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much Sharmila and Alex for making our weekend extra extra special.
Dharmesh & Mili

Perfect romantic getaway

by TripAdvisor Member jochallinor

Stayed for just 2 nights, 31/05/07 - 02/06/07 for our first wedding anniversery. The location could'nt have been better. Just 5 mins away from the hustle & bustle from the busy square, were there are lots of outside cafes & bars. Enter the street where Fusion Suites is located & it is a beautiful tree lined quiet street. Vondel park two mins away.

Great place to stay as all transport links are so easily assessible, meaning you get to see lots in a short space of time.

The suites where beautiful, very clean, & loveingly maintained by the owners, who truly could'nt be more welcoming & helpful.

We had a wonderful time & would love to return.

Simply brilliant!

by TripAdvisor Member ramo

Sadly a one night stay experience. Best hotel in Amsterdam although calling it a hotel is short selling Fusion Suites. Agree with all previous reviews. The rooms are brilliant and the Sabon room fragrance super. Hosts were delightful. Surely to be repeated for a longer stay. Not for typical hazy Amsterdam weekend trips. Brilliant location.

Not disappointed at all- Fantastic place

by TripAdvisor Member tavia14999

We stayed in the Facination grand suite for three nights at the end of June. Sharmilla was a great host. The room we'd seen in photos before and the place was exactly as expected with a lovely comfy sofa.

The bedding, bathroom products, coffee machine and the mini bar were just brilliant. ((I wouldn't rave as others have about the mattress but my mattress at home is the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on so I think I am spoilt.)) The flowers, computer and other little touches make it really special.

I loved the breakfast. We ate just the two of us in the kitchen each morning. Some of the nicest fried eggs I've ever had and lovely fresh fruit.

I'd recommend anyone going to Amsterdam to go to De Behamel restaurant. It was the best meal we ate and very reasonable order the beef if it is on the menu. Also we ate at Blaw on de Waal (sp) which was more upmarket than you'd think given the location, quite a lot of locals in it and the food was very good but more expensive. We took full advantage of a I Amsterdam card which I'd recommend. The hotel is in a great location for the museums and to walk into town.

Overall i'd highly recommend you staying at no. 40 Fusion Suites

Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member ajbsh

The Fusion Suites are situated in the Museum district of Amsterdam, 5 minutes walk from the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and 2 minutes from the Leidseplein and tram stops 1, 2 and 5 which all come from Centraal station.
We booked our room with By Amsterdam, but you can book directly with the hotel on their web site www.fusionsuites.com
On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by Sharmila, who was very helpful and friendly. We were booked in to a grand suite, our room number was 3 and on the third floor, reached by a tiny lift, barely able to squeeze 2 people in which was fun, especially if, like us, you are on a romantic break! Our suite was beautiful, very spacious, the bed was comfortable, but again I prefer my bed at home. Loads of wardrobe space, safe, lockable drawer, free mini bar with Heineken and soft drinks, which was replenished daily, and, because we had booked for 3 nights a complimentary bottle of champagne! Tea and coffee making facilities, with a free Toblerone - delicious.
The bathroom was fabulous, we had a whirlpool bath, which we didn't use, but looked great. The shower, oh the shower! It had 2 shower types in a glass cubicle, you could use the rain forest shower head - very relaxing - or a high pressure shower head - great for first thing in the morning, when you needed to wake up! There was free internet access in the room via a desktop pc, however this was a bit unreliable, often there was no connection until late at night. Sharmila did say that they are having problems with their internet access, but it was hopefully going to be fixed. She very kindly offered us the use of her office pc if we needed it. Sharmila has a huge range of guidebooks in her office which you can borrow, so there is no need to bring your own. Breakfast was lovely, one thing that I loved was Sharmila let us decide what time we wanted breakfast, and did not stipulate a time to us, which was great. We didn't have to share our breakfast with anyone. Sharmila is so eager to please, and she was almost disappointed when we refused her offer of a cooked breakfast, but the breakfast that was on offer was so huge - eggs, cold meat, fruit, cereal we could not possibly have eaten any more! The Fusion suites are lovely, very quiet, even with the windows open in our room, but it is perhaps a little expensive for a bed and breakfast, though it is a luxurious one. Go to the Fusion suites if you want somewhere different to stay, somewhere for a romantic break. Don't stay here if you have young children or if you are on a budget.

Comments