Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam

Value Score

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels. See Hotels with Better Ratings

annamukhrj's Profile Photo

Perfect location! Wonderful staff! Excellent room!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 20, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located. I never once took transit (bus, tram, metro) anywhere around Amsterdam, all museums, shops, attractions were all walking distance (or atleast in my personal opnion) It was a 20 minute walk to Van Gogh for example, this hotel is so close to Centraal Station, barely 10 minutes walk to Anne Frank, and, well, just walking distance to everything.

Standard room I think is around 425euros a night, but becasue I bought it through expedia it only cost me around $900 for 7 night stay. The standard room I stayed in is worth the 425 euros though!

The hotel itself was fantastic. My room was amazing - very comfortable, free minibar!, awesome view onto the canal. I prepaid for my hotel stay on expedia, however, there was a mandatory 100EUR a night deposit which the hotel 'charges' your credit card for the amount for the entire stay upon checking-in. Creditcard is not actually charged though....the amount is put on hold and then released back on the credit card upon check-out. The staff was very friendly and nice!!!! The reception desk is in a small room though....but the staff seem to be very quick and efficient!
A marvelous stay at the hotel! I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fabulous and comforatble stay in Amsterdam!!

Unique Quality: The hotel building was once a shippingwarehouse so the buidling is quite unique and different looking. Very beautiful!

The staff - EXCELLENT! and very friendly

The room - the best! I stayed in their standard room. The bed was so very comfortable! It helps that the minibar is free, especially after a long day of exploring!

Directions: Very close to Centraal Station.

TERRIBLE HOTEL

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 1, 2011

I stayed in Grand Hotel Amrath/AMSTERDAM on the 18'th of November. Unfortunately, there was a leakage of sewage in my super deluxe room!!!! As a result of this, my laptop computer's bag and passport, some papers in this bag was damaged(I gave my laptop bag to responsible manager) . When i turned back hometown, i realized that my laptop's screen has breaken down too.Now I bought a new passport, a new laptop bag and gave my laptop to service for mending........ The responsible manager said that "we are very sorry and we will contact to you.we will compansate.Don't worry.............."and after then i gave my adress/e-mail/telephone etc. to him.Nobody contact to me in 15 days.And then one day an e-mail:
Dear Mr. Durusu,
First of all I would like to apologize for my late response and I hope I haven't caused you any inconvenience because of it.Other than that I am sorry to report to you that Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam is not inclined to offer you compensation for the damaged goods mentioned in our conversation and the e-mail you've sent us.The reason for this is that after you had vacated the room our staff thoroughly inspected the sewage leakage mentioned by you that morning and found out that no such thing took place in room #031 either before, during or after your stay with us. Instead they found that a great amount of soda was spilt on the carpet in the room. After cleaning this soda stain no sign of sewage leakage has presented itself.Once again I would like to offer my sincere apologies for my late response and the unfortunate situation you've been in while staying at Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Kindest regards,
GRAND HOTEL AMRÂTH AMSTERDAM

THEIR LATE RESPONSE AND ANSWER IS REALLY AMAZING. I STAYED ONLY ONE NIGHT AND I WAS OUT ALL DAY. I CAME BACK MY ROOM AT MIDNIGHT TO SLEEP. SO SOMEBODY ENTERED MY ROOM AND SPILT A HUGE AMOUNT OF SODA. BECAUSE THERE WERE TWO BOTTLES OF SODA IN THE ROOM'S REFRIGERATOR.ALSO NOBODY(IF NOT MENTALLY DEFECTIVE) DAMAGE HIS OWN BELONGINGS.( ESPECIALLY IMPRORTANT THINGS LIKE LAPTOP(CONTAINS IMPORTANT FILES), PASSPORT ETC.) I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT KIND OF THING. FROM NOW ON, I WILL DO(LEGALLY SPEAKING)EVERYTHING FOR TAKING MY RIGHTS.

I RECOMMEND YOU THAT PLEASE SHARE THIS REVIEW WITH EVERYONE AND DON'T STAY IN THAT TERRIBLE HOTEL.

Unique Quality: NOTHING.

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews