Hostel Lum 'n Abner

Ondinaweg 17 ab Marietta, NDSM veer-haven ship Marietta, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Satisfaction Average

Good For No Data
  • eternel2002's Profile Photo

A place to remember ..

This is a new hostelling experience, It's my first time to stay in hostel as a ship .. I didn't expect to do that but it was a last minute plan, but it's worthy ..well it's not luxurious hostel, the accomodation itself is basic but it's just different, new and cool to try this. I was worry about the rocking but it's not a problem at all, I sleep very well and what better way to wake up and take your breakfeast on the boat enjoying the water and the view of the city a bit far away.
    A great experience.

Unique Quality: Cool and new experience
    Helpful stuff
    Quit place to relax and sleep
    Good breakfast

More about Amsterdam

fountain on the way to Cobrafountain on the way to Cobra

de bejinkorfde bejinkorf

Moonlight over Amsterdam city canalsMoonlight over Amsterdam city canals

Café Winkel 43Café Winkel 43

Where are the "cafe's"

by rook_star

Hi Im planning a trip to amsterdam in October for my 21st birthday, just wondering where all the "hash cafe's are" thank you x

by dustmon

Pretty much all coffeeshops have hash as well as herbs....depending on your neighborhood there are plenty still to choose from.....What area will you be staying?

by rook_star

Im not really sure to be honest was going to base it around where they are, any tips on where to stay? x

by ter1413

Dam Square....

by dustmon

My new area is the Pijp, near the Heineken Experience and fairly close to Leidseplein---a short walk. There are places to stay around the Sarphati Park that are quiet but close to everything you need----check out our pages under things to do in amsterdam for specific coffeeshops...I actually like the Bulldog at Leidseplein, even tho it gets alot of bad press...It might be a little more expensive, but you can sit outside and order a beer from the bar next door to the coffeeshop, and watch the craziness of Leidseplein Square. Rokerij is close by as well with really good vibes and better pricing, and also Dolphins---a smaller place but friendly folk. Another of my faves is Dutch Flowers, close to the Spui Square right on a canal with nice views. I have been staying on houseboats the last 2 trips and had a blast---some allow smoking, and others you can sit on deck and smoke. Google Amsterdam, houseboat rental for a few suggestions.

by Oregonguy

There is an area between the RLD and Centraal station that is loaded with them. The street is Warmoesstraat. You'll definately find what you are looking for there.

by pieter_jan_v

Try: http://www.amsterdamer.supanet.com/

PJ

by ATLC

Area De Pijp is an excellent choice. I always enjoyed my visits there.
Just look for signs saying 'coffeeshop', which means 'hash cafe'.

Travel Tips for Amsterdam

Visitors guide, Yellow pages.

by geoffboxer

Pick up this very informative book at the tourist info office and some hotels.

Its FREE, includes a mine of info, telephonenumbers, events, tourist info and maps.

The only guide you will need for your visit.,

Go to the Vondelpark in the...

by claan

Go to the Vondelpark in the summertime. There are a lot of people overthere and it is very relaxing to sit in the grass and look at all those weird people while drinking a beer!

A general tip for those who are really interested in Amsterdam and wants lots more information than this site can offer: visit: www.come.to/my.amsterdam. My birth! Just kiddin, I have a lot of fond memories of Amsterdam. I live there almost for all my life now. Especially the summers are lovely, just cruising on the Canals, visiting the parks, having a drink at the Leidsesquare. Do I need to say more?

Van Gogh Museum

by CoAir13

This place was very special as I am a HUGE fan of the works of Van Gogh. To see so many of his pieces collected in one place was truly magical to me!! Even walking through the Museumplein was magical!!

Places we missed, part-2

by jss1018

The Van Gogh Museum. Located in the Museum District near the Rijksmuseum. Contains the largest collection of paintings by Vincent van Gogh in the world. Shame, shame on us for not making this one of our stops.

The Heineken Experience. A museum located in the original beer brewery facility, with the actual brewery now in a more modern location elsewhere.

The Stedelijk Museum. Dedicated to modern art, and containing works by Picasso, Monet, Cezanne, and others.

The Holland Casino. Located near the popular Leidseplein area, and containing around 700 slot machines and 55 gaming tables, 3 bars, and a restaurant and cafe.

Holland International tours. There are several companies and locations offering canal boat tours of the city, with Holland International being the largest and with the most variety. We had on our pre-trip to-do list taking one of their longer tours, with a 5-hour trip to the old Dutch town of Delft (home of the famous pottery), the Hague (seat of Dutch government), the miniature village of Madurodam, and Scheveningen, with walking promenades and beach areas. We ended up not doing this due to having so many other things to do and not wanting to tie up pretty much of a full day on this tour. They also offer several other agendas including a candlelight cruise, brunch cruise, and dinner cruise, with other trips to Brussels and Antwerp, an 8-hour Grand Holland tour, and of course the local canal cruises. Website: www.thatsholland.com.

Bring your raincoat!!

by jenn_d

If you don't like rainy weather try to visit Amsterdam in the summer. Even in the springtime the sun has trouble finding its way out from behind the clouds. This was the first vacation where I returned a shade lighter than when I left! The Queensday celebration is a party that I will always remember. The Dutch are very proud of their heritage and are also excellent hosts. There seems to be a bounty of positive energy here. On Queensday I wore a hat to keep my hair dry. However people from all over the world ended up writing messages on it. I still reread those messages and laugh out loud.
Also,I collect antique teacups and my search for a delicately painted Delft teacup took me through the charming neighborhood of Niewmarkt which is loaded with quaint little antique shops.

Comments