Hotel Bronckhorst

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Amsterdam

Record Mania - interiorRecord Mania - interior

Old decorations of housesOld decorations of houses

the train station buildingthe train station building

Sail when the wind allows.Sail when the wind allows.

Park+ride

by Turska

Someone gave a link to parking-area near football-station in Amsterdam.It was coupple of months ago.Now when I opened the page,it had changed.There was this thing called Park+ride.
There was a info-e-mail-addres,so I mailed there and asked if that is also 24h carpark (we would need a parking for two days).I guess that person at info didn´t understand me,because she only said,that"Sorry,you can´t book a parking-place",and more info at.. (the link I allready had).
She didn´t answer my another question either,so I thought she didn´t understand.Some of you might know: Are those park+ride-places possible to leave a car for two days? In here we also have places,where you must leave for night.

by Pijlmans

Hi,

or

It's 6 euro/day with a maximum of 4 days (96 h)

Cheers,
Dennis

by Turska

Thank you!I knew I would get answer here sooner and easier :)I must try to check with google maps or some other,witch place is easiest to drive.We are coming from Utrecht or Haarlem.I´m not sure witch one to spend the night before.And will we visit that Zaanse Schans place before or after Amsterdam.
The price is SO CHEAP!! In our capital,Helsinki,it is 24e per 24h!!!Sometimes even more.Our hotel had parking too,but it was 11e per day,and might be better not to go to the centre,when they have this possiblility.

by pieter_jan_v

See my tip about the parking underneath the Olympic Stadion:

I recommend this as the best P&R parking.
The one at the Arena football stadion sometimes is not available when big events are organised in the stadium.
Sloterdijk and Zeeburg are open air parkings.

The tram #16 ride is just 10 to 15 minutes to where you want to be in the center of Amsterdam.

PJ

by Turska

Thanks!I will check that! We just lost our hotel-booking :( For some reason, this hotel didn´t accept our credit-card! I have booked many hotels this week,and this was the only one witch didn´t accept it!(I´m not paying yet,but you know-you must give the credit-card-number anyway)
I must start searching a new one.But I use booking.com and try to find clean,cheap and near centre.

By the way:Some of the hotels don´t have breakfast.Is eating a breakfast or going to cafe very expensive there?I don´t know anything about price-level in Netherland.

by pieter_jan_v

Downtown there are many breakfast places (especial at the Nieuwendijk/Haarlemmerdijk); they seem to be aimed at the British tourists.

PJ

by Turska

O.k.I guess I wont need to worry about that.
Must say allthough,that when you said British tourists,I think of British breakfast.. Sorry for all British people,but it´s terrible!
Health-people in Finland say,that breakfast is the most importan meal of the say.It seems that in many other countries (expecailly outside Scandinavia) it isn´t so.I have booked some hotel with fridge and tea-and coffeemaker,so we could make our own healty breakfast ;)

Travel Tips for Amsterdam

Wooden clogs

by mvtouring

I had my first pair at age of 4 years old, cannot remember who gave them to my mom, but they are still around. I tried them again at age 18, fell down like a ton of bricks and then decided in future we will only look at them not wear them. But you have to go to the factory to see how they are made.

That yellow bike trip GREAT...

by Travel24

That yellow bike trip GREAT you get to see all sorts and its a lot of fun, great value for money, just off the squar dam 9 up from the station, just ask or keep a lookout they will pass you, loads of yellow bikes with a guide, Do it, it is great fun.
Like Clubing Go to the supper club Dress to impress or you wont get in, Sol bar also top top night,
Like a laugh go to the comedy club the one on the litsapline next to New york steak house Fantastic night out starts at 10.30 Pm Great.
Also opening soon just around the corner my best friend is opening a lap dancing bar, Nothing heavy topless and a bit of fun , Safe and not a rip off , Don't fall in love with the girls they tell everyone the same thing !! But you will have a good time, Ask for the owner Andy, he has been may mate for 15 years this is his first bar and he's a great guy. Bar is called Private Eye next to New york steak house 20 Mtrs. Also this is a must Bloomidall the beach in the summer best you have seen with some great beach bars. Check it out !!! More info on the Dam you can E mail me anytime. It was all good but I do like the late bars and jaz clubs very cool

Well known for its world class...

by shiran_d

Well known for its world class art museums, Amsterdam also has some of the most unique museums in the world.

For instance, interested in the torture museums? If you’ve had your fill of art museums, you’ll never find a more complete collection of torture and punishment instruments from the inquisition chair to the guillotine. It is the perhaps the perfect place to take your children when they are misbehaving.

The Jewish Historical Museum is a combination of four former Jewish synagogues that have been transformed into the Amsterdam Jewish Museum. The permanent collection tells the story of Dutch Jewry and there is a kosher café as well as a well-stocked bookstore.

The Filmmuseum is the place for film fanatics. The sumptuous Art Deco Theatre shows ancient movies. It has the world’s most complete archive of the early film industry.

There is an Erotic Museum. The first floor is the best. The most popular piece is an amusing sculpture of a woman pedaling a bike that delivers a delightful bonus surprise. Nearby is The Sex Museum. There is an Erotic Museum. The first floor is the best. The most popular piece is an amusing sculpture of a woman pedaling a bike that delivers a delightful bonus surprise. Nearby is The Sex Museum.

Probably the most unique tour is a Behind the Scenes Tour of the Red Light District. Rob van Hulst, native and expert of the red-light district, presents the entire red-light area as a living museum, commenting on the history of the area’s development and taking you into the trendiest places. He is the only tour guide licensed for the red light district. And I know you are wondering how does a man get a job like that.

Amazing Amsterdam offers things not available anywhere else in the world

The Nieuwendijk/Kalverstraat Strip

by Paul2001

The Nieuwendijk/Kalverstraat Strip is a pedestrian walkway that seemingly bisects Amsterdams old quarter. It features outstanding shopping. For this reason it can get quite crowded on weekends and after work hours. I am not really a big nut for buying clothing abroad but there are a great number of clothing stores here and not just the usual franchises like the Gap but independent shops too. I also found some very good music shops and the best book shops that I have seen in Europe.

The Red Light District

by Carmela71

The Red Light District situated in a triangle formed by Centraal Station, the Nieuwmarkt and the Dam.

Red Light District is the oldest part of the city.

It is home to hundreds of sex shops.

Prostitutes pose in many of the area’s shop-windows. also where most of the unexpensive hotels are sitted as ours....

During the day, the Red Light District is not bad, with tourists walking around.

At night it changes lol.

Comments