Hotel De Mallemoolen Amsterdam

cruisincruisin

spiritspirit

clogsclogs

RestaurantRestaurant

Looking for Budget Hotels near Dam or Central Station - Any advice?

by MN-Nice

Hi all -

I am looking for single person accomodations for under 40 euro per night.

I am making my second trip to the Netherlands and I will be in Amsterdam for a few days. I am considering the Hotel Brian. The location for the Hotel Brian looks great with excellent access to the Dam and Central Station. It is also in the right budget (under 40 euro or less per night.)

Any advice, reviews, etc for this hotel or any others in that price range around the Dam or Central Station would be appreciated. (I haven't found much out there on the web for this hotel with any reasonable information besides www.eurocheapo.com., but even prices on this site are becoming somewhat dated.)

Also, I stayed at the Aspen Hotel last time I was in Amsterdam, which I was very satisfied with. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for budget accomodations with central location. They were no frills but clean and friendly. By no frills, I mean they were a room with 2 beds and phone. no tv, breakfast, etc. (We had private bath, but most rooms at Aspen do not.) The location was prime and hotel was clean. And of course, they have those 'stairs' that you would expect from most budget hotels in Amsterdam.

I could stay at theHotel Aspen again, but I would like to stay somewhere else, just to try something else.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Looking for Budget Hotels near Dam or Central Station - Any advice?

by ATLC

Don't worry if you're somewhat out of town center. It's 10 tram minutes from Central Station to Leidseplein for instance.

Re: Re: Looking for Budget Hotels near Dam or Central Station - Any advice?

by dila

Hotel Brian
Singel 69
1012VE AMSTERDAM

here i find hotel brian
i think it is one stop from the central station with the tram or about 10 minutes walk.
but i dont know the hotel.
i saw it is a 1 star hotel.
i have some hostels on my site.
bye diana

Re: Re: Looking for Budget Hotels near Dam or Central Station - Any advice?

by MN-Nice

Thanks for the info. But, it now seems that I waited too long to get a singel room at the Hotel Brian.

But I have made reservations for the Hotel Groenendael. I think it should work out well.

32 euro / night and includes breakfast... If I am up that early! :-) It has shared shower/toilet. But they have a lounge with stereo, tv, etc. so that will be nice to meet others while I am there.

I haven't seen much of anyone review this hotel, so I will try to remember to do so when I return.

Chris

Re: Looking for Budget Hotels near Dam or Central Station - Any advice?

by aleena_81

Hi!
try the hotel de mallemoolen or Hotel multatuli, they're near the dam and centraal station!
greets

Travel Tips for Amsterdam

Buy Amsterdam Pass and save money

by mustardgirl

It's great way to save money for a first time visitor who plans to visit something besides coffeeshop. Pass gives you unlimited use of public transport and free entrance to numerous museums (including Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum). You’ll also get a free map (a very good one with street index) and a guidebook, which gives a brief review of all the museums.

Passes area available for 24, 48 and 72 hours/ price 26, 36, 46 eur. Read more about the Pass on Internet - http://www.visitamsterdam.nl/gb/

My personal experience is that 48-hour pass is not enough. There is only limited amount of culture one can enjoy in a day. The price might seem a bit too much at first but just by visiting 2 museums, taking two boat trips on the canals and use the tram - you have won already.

I think I read from somewhere that you don’t have to queue - but this isn’t true. Just by showing the plastic card to the security wont allow you the entrance. You will still have to stand in line so they can pull your card through and give you the ticket.

See the Anne Frank house and...

by Summer69

See the Anne Frank house and check out the museums. I enjoyed my trip there but I've seen cleaner places. It was a nice getaway for the weekend. Ah, the infamous Redlight District! I had to just walk through and see what it was like. We did check out a sex museum and that was pretty funny if you know what I mean. All the props! :-O

A rooftop view of Amsterdam

by cwest03

Amsterdam is one of my most favorite cities in the world. The City itself is very easy to get around either on foot or even better by bike. For about 20$ USD a day you can rent a bike that will help you cover lots of ground. This is a pictureof the Amsterdam skyline taken from the top of a mall.

THE AMSTERDAM PASS....

by eden_teuling

Discover Amsterdam with the Amsterdam PASS,

In addition to public transport and a free round trip of the Canals, almost all the Amsterdam museums can be visited free of charge with the PASS.

You will receive a 25% discount at restaurants and tourist attractions...and a whole lot more.

In total, the PASS could save you more than a 100 Euros. The Amsterdam PASS can be bought for one, two of three days and consists of a chip card, a public transport ticket and the full-color AMSTERDAM PASS GUIDE.

The discounts on tourist attractions, as well as the free admission to Holland Casino and the free guided tour of Amsterdam Diamond Group, are valid upon presentation of your AMSTERDAM PASS.

Two on a bike

by Nemorino

When you ride around Amsterdam you will soon notice that Dutch cyclists generally have no hesitation about transporting extra people on their bicycles.

This is another one of those things that are fine for the Dutch, who have been cycling daily since early childhood, but are not advisable for the rest of us.

In fact when you rent a bike in Amsterdam, one of the rules (at least at Holland Rent-a-Bike) is that you do not take along any extra passengers.

Second and third photos: More cyclists with passengers.

Fourth and fifth photos: Two on a bike and phoning.

Comments