Hotel Di-Ann Amsterdam

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 33% more and rated 11% lower than other 2 star hotels

• amazingclick's Profile Photo

Atrocious Hotel close to Dam Square

DONT EVEN BOTHER LOOKING ABOUT IT. 5 minutes away from Dam Square...we were told on the net it will be a Double Deluxe Room with Balcony for 110 Euros a night. All excited we booked up. After a steep climb at the beginning of the hotel which I knew existed, we were taken to our room. I say there wasn't enough space to even sleep forget keeping our bags which were kept in the dirty balcony. DONOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. We moved to NH Kranspolsky the next day after paying 165 euros as they had decided to charge us for next day also...so, I negotiated for half day price.

Unique Quality: NONE

More about Hotel Di-Ann Amsterdam

Great Hotel

Great Hotel, everything we had hoped for!! The staff were so friendly and helpful ( they even carried our luggage up those very steep stairs). The hotel was very clean and warm and the rooms were lovely! room 310 very big and we had no problems with 4 in the room clean towels every day and they also made the beds! i would definately reccommend this hotel and i would consider visiting again! 5 minute walk to Dam Square and plenty of restaurants and pubs around.

Location Location Location.....

Excellent 2 star hotel. Very clean, maid service daily with fresh towels and made beds. Friendly staff, very helpful. Small 3 bedded room, lovely shower! Balcony and views of canal.
Not much can be said about breakfast, just toast.
Good location, 5 mins from Dam Sq. 15 minds from Red Light District, 15 mins from Leidspein.
Would definately recommend if your looking for basic central accomodation.

Fantastic stairs

by TripAdvisor Member angelsred

Just come back from staying ai the Di Ann, fantastic hotel room was great had a view of the Herengracht canal all the way up to the Magna Plaza. Staff were all very friendly and helpful even offered to carry our case up the stairs. Had heard about the staircase in hotel but wasn't till we got there did I believe how steep it really was, Not suitable for anyone with bad knees or vertigo thats for sure. Very enjoyable stay and will definitely be back again.

THE DI ANN

by TripAdvisor Member mrs piggy

We have just been to this hotel for 2 nights, and didnt expect much. The hotel is small and the stairs are very steep but, the staff are very friendly and helpfull (especially with the bags). Breakfast was very basic ie bread,eggs,cheese and jams etc. There is even a toaster and endless amounts of coffee or tea. For a 2 star it felt like a 3 the way we were treated. If you want a grander hotel with a lift, then go to a more modern one with a price to match, but this one is fine by me.

Great Value

Spent three nights there. Small room but just big enough. Decent breakfast but not great. Great location. Quiet street. It met my criteria exactly. Helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay. I was appreciate that the staff offered and helped with luggage up the steep steps up to my fourth floor room. For me it was the best balance of cost, value, and location. I will stay there again when I return to Amsterdam.

Small but perfectly formed

This hotel is very similar to Hotel Nadia and only a few doors down. The rooms are small, but this is to be expected in Amsterdam, but they are cleaned daily and are comfortable. The staff are also polite.

I got my single room for about 60 euro's a night, which given the location is pretty good, it's right behing Dam square. I would definately stop again.

Good value

Just returned from 2 nights at the Di-Ann and i have to say that i was impressed by the place. It doesnt look much from the outside, and the stairs really are as severe as other people have said, but for the money you pay i dont think this hotel can be faulted. Received a very warm welcome when we arrived. When we left for dinner on our first evening we informed the reception clerk that our shower wasnt working properly, when we returned a few hours later the problem had been fixed. The room was small, but this was my 4th trip to Amsterdam and i am yet to stay in a massive room and some other places charge lots more than the Di-Ann. The location is ideal, far enough away from the more colourful side of the city but within 15 minutes walk if you do want to indulge!! Everything else is either within walking distance, or you can use the many trams that pass by outside. We managed to get a room at the back of the hotel so it was very quiet, but we did have to sacrifice a nice view for that pleasure but it meant we had 2 good nights sleep. The breakfast was good with all the usual food on offer, toast, boiled eggs, cereals, tea and coffee etc etc. All in all this is excellent value for money in an ideal location from which to explore the city. If you want a massive suite with an a la carte restaurant dont stay here, but if you want a good value for money, clean and friendly place to use as a base then this is the place to stay. I certainly wouldnt hesitate to reserve another room.

Smokin' with the locals!!!

by rickwiedmaier

"Smokin hash"

I visited 3 Coffee shops while in town, they are everywhere. This is me on the left on my first trip smokin some "Super Skunk" with the locals, the sign over my head says "please smoke your joints inside" I stopped by Barneys it was just around the corner from my hotel, The Hotel Di Ann. I got the Laughing Budda hash, I "highly" recommend it!!!

First time to Amsterdam

by Jakkigers

Hi, I've just booked my partner a surprise birthday trip to Amsterdam in October. We are only staying for three nights and I've booked the Hotel Di-Ann as I'm on a budget. Does anybody know anything about this hotel? Is it okay, is it far from Central Station? Also what can we do in Amsterdam that's not the red light district or the coffee-shops (we're too old) and not musuems (we're not really interested in those)? Hope somebody can help me ~ thanks!

by speakingtongues

Besides the redlight district and the coffeesjops and the museums there is a lot to do in Amsterdam. Rent a bicyle, Rent a boatbicycle and do the canals yourself, Go to the Anna Frank House ! Walk around. Shop, Concerts, eat indonesian in very good restaurants. Go to the part of the town that is called DE JORDAAN. That is the old Jewish Quarter. It has a lot of nice restaurant, cafe's and pubs. And its a nice neighbourhood to walk for hours

Ciao

Oyola

RE: RE: First time to Amsterdam

by pieter_jan_v

Di-Ann is 15 minutes walking from the Central Train Station.
Just walk to the DAM square and take a right into the Raadhuisstraat.

Have a look at the Amsterdam page at VT: 1000+ ideas outside coffee shops and RLD.

General info: http://www.visitamsterdam.nl

PJ

by vtveen

I would recommend to make at least one trip outside the city, so you see something (more) of my country.
To the north: Broek in Waterland/Monnikendam/Marken.
To the south east: Weesp/Muiden/Muiderslot
Happy travels
Jaap

RE: RE: First time to Amsterdam

by oliviasoma

Hi,
Never a dull moment in Amsterdam.....too many sights to see for the first timers. We are also 'old' and we found it 'groovy'...coffeeshops and all. We are not really into the museums either but they were really interesting once you got into the spirit of things. The RLD is a must see just because it is unique for us westerners!! The beach at Zandevoort was a nice adventure also. The Netherlands are small and easy to see. Get out and get around...you will love the trip!!

by lisa83

Hi,

I would also recommend the Jordaan and Zandvoort is also a nice idea. If you have time left, it's nice to have a walk in the Vondelpark. Some nights they have international comedians at the comedy cafe at the Max Eeuweplein. They also offer packages of show with dinner for 34 euros. Maybe a relaxed way to dine? Anyway, have a great time!

x Lisa

by holly39

we just got back from amsterdam on friday the 24th. we went to the flea market at waterloopen, we visited dam square and ate lots of wonderful pastries from the many shops. we stayed in the rembrant square which was nice good pubs and of course the pastries. also you can check your hotel on trip advisor just type in the name of the hotel and look for trip advisor thats how i found ours. have a great time its quite differnt but a fun place to visit.

Comments