Valkenburgerstraat 68, Amsterdam, 1011 LZ, The Netherlands

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

• MBDVB's Profile Photo

Near the IJ and the Waterlooplein

Nicely located, 3 stars with a double room with included shower a good deal. Right around the corner is an Albert Heijn, and the Waterlooplein is only a few blocks away. The breakfast was decent, and having a bar available was a bonus. Modern facilities, and a health club is beside the hotel.

Directions: Metro to Waterlooplein. Trams #9, #14, #20 Waterlooplein exit.

• darmstadter's Profile Photo

ok for the money

the hotel for the price was not bad. i paid 90 euros per night when i stayed there last new years. the room was great, my only complaint was the food in the restaurant off the lobby.
    but then i ordered BBQ ribs and i guess the dutch just dont make them the way im use to. they were terrible!!
    then the pizza i paid $18 american dollers for the worst small pizza i have ever had in my entire life.
    other than that i would stay here again i just would'nt eat there.

Unique Quality: ok location

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Ibis Amsterdam Stopera

I remember the night manager was a very sarcastic guy when i checked in.. but i think that was down to having a couple of customers-from-hell before me... he was very nice to me. :)

Considering the double room cost about €160, it was quite small, i've stayed in cheaper hotels with more facilities in the room.

However the bed was comfy and the shower and TV worked, and it was on expenses, so that was fine by me! :)

Unique Quality: Because I checked in so late, and had an early start, I did not have a chance to explore the hotel and try out their services.

However the location is great for the city centre.

Directions: From Centraal Station, walk down PrinsHendrikskade til you get to the crossroads of Oosterdook bridge & Folienstraat, turn right, keep walking past the car underpass and IBIS on the right hand side of the street.

• MrRandMcnally's Profile Photo

Good for a long layover

Near Schipol the Ibis Hotel has nice basic rooms. Nothing spectacular but very handy if you need a place near the airport. If I remember right you can catch a bus into the center of the town.

• chelley's Profile Photo

discount hotel rates online

Good clean, comfortable hotel with huge buffet breakfast. Location is quite central.

Unique Quality: Nothing outstanding but good price for very comfortable rooms. IF you book through one of the online discount bookers you will get as much as a 60% DISCOUNT on the rack rate. We got a double room for around 70 Euro - the rack rate was around 150 Euro!

• A2002's Profile Photo

Ibis Stopera.

It is a 3 star hotel in a quiet part of town. The room that I was given has view of a canal with canal houses and boats.

Unique Quality: The double room has a proper double bed. I mean one double bed and not two single beds joined togather as a double bed which was offered in the 4 stars hotel we stayed in. There's a shower and toilet in the room. No bath tub. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Overall, it was comfortable and clean with satellite TV in a reasonably sized room. The room is just enough for two in a double room.
    Breakfast is good with wide selections of bread. There's two types of cheese and 2-3 types of cold cuts. If you fancy something hot, there's sausages (I love this!), scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, baked beans to choose from. I love the yogurt there.

Directions: Nearest underground station is Waterlooplein. Then about 5-10 minutes walk to the hotel. No public transport reach the hotel. The nearest is Waterlooplein, then walk.

More about Ibis Amsterdam Stopera

Ibis Amsterdam - Great hotel, but a bit noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member antifuse

I stayed at the Ibis Amsterdam Stopera from November 19-21, 2005, and I have to say it is a great little hotel. We paid approximately 100 euro a night (average) and couldn't have been happier with the location. Approximately 5-10 minutes from the Waterlooplein metro stop, and maybe 20 minutes to walk to city centre. We were not able to get a non-smoking room because the Ibis doesn't let you request that in advance, and since we arrived at approximately 5pm on a Saturday, all of the non-smoking rooms were taken.

The room was spotless other than the stink of smoke, and the shower was easily the best shower I've ever had at a hotel. I wanted to bring it home with me, as it totally beats the shower at my house!

Didn't make use of any of the facilities at the hotel, but the desk staff was extremely helpful at answering our questions, providing us with maps and telling us how to get places in the city. My only *real* complaint, other than the smoking room, was that the rooms are not very well soundproofed. There were people going in and out of their rooms, slamming doors constantly, until about 2AM, and the housekeeping staff seemed to find it necessary to stand outside our door (with the Do Not Disturb in plain sight) having an extremely loud conversation in dutch. Ahh well, you can't win em all! And for the price, it really can't be beat! If I was coming back to Amsterdam to party hard and pass out in a drunken stupor, I would definitely stay at the Ibis again. If I'm coming back for a relaxing vacation, I think I would spend a bit more cash for a room that is a bit better soundproofed.

Hotels Bookings.

by A2002 about Internet.

I found these websites that gives good discounts to the hotels:
www.bookings.org
www.hotels.nl I have booked in Ibis Stopera from hotels.nl about two weeks ago. I have checked the prices again and it has increased... Phew! I booked earlier on... But at the same time, bookings.org gives a better price now.

Ibis Stopera hotel ...noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Wisty

I have just returned from a few days in Amsterdam and stayed at the Ibis Stopera. The rooms were not large but spotless and the staff were very friendly. The barman was very helpful and the service was great as I was traveling on my own and eat in the hotel on my first evening.

My only word of warning is if you are traveling for business (as I was) try and make sure your room will be on a quiet floor. On two out of the three nights I only got about 4 hours sleep due to various groups of guys going in and out of their rooms until about 4.00am-slamming doors all the while.
I did ask to move and was told I couldn't as it was my last night.

I realise loads of people go to Amsterdam to have a holiday but some of us do work and it would have been nice to have had some sleep.Maybe they could allocate their rooms a little better.

First time in Europe

by cabien2004

Hi friend,

I will go to the Netherlands in the early Sep 2006 and this is my first time in Europe. I very appreciate if any one could help me to find best price for accomodation in Amstecdam?

I also want to visit Germany by train. Is it easy to do that?

Thank you very much for kind help.

Tung

RE: First time in Europe

by easterntrekker

We stayed at Novotel . It was reasonably priced and very near the train staion. It is easy to get the train around Europe.
Have fun.

RE: RE: First time in Europe

by pieter_jan_v

Try: http://www.holland.com/amsterdam/gb/
Select the tabs: "look & book" - "accommodations"

There are direct trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and along thr Rhine river.
More at: http://www.ns.nl (English/international section)

At the German train website you can download the
ICE rail network map 2006 & EC-/IC rail network map 2006 at:

and see which German cities can be easily travelled to.

PJ

RE: First time in Europe

by kimasutra

I've booked room at Ibis Amsterdam City Stopera 99 eur. It's not very close to the center, maybe 15-20 min on foot. To my mind expensive but at this moment I don't have another ideas.

Comments