Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Multi-Level Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2009

Built on the foundations of the 13th -century castle Heeren van Aemstel, this hotel is on a pedestrian area called Kolkplein. It is within walking distance (for other people) of Amsterdam Central Station, and is located next to a supervised parking garage where guests can park at a discount. It is only 20 minutes from Schiphol International Airport.

All 239 air-conditioned rooms include an ensuite bath/shower, toilet and hairdryer. The rooms are installed with a worldwide direct dial telephone system, and safe with personal code. The hotel has a breakfast room, but we didn't get breakfast because it was expensive.

We were on the 5th floor, and the room was nice. It has twin beds and a mini-fridge in addition to the basket of snacks. You also need your card to operate the elevator and the electricity in the room. I was able to log onto the internet and I made a shuttle bus reservation to the airport. The hotel does not have a restaurant itself but the restaurant next door delivers.

Some people were in an adjacent building. We could look down from the room on the back alley where there was a pedestrian bridge over to that building.

The colour televisions have in-house movie channels, bill view, a system for personal messages and an information channel. We were able to find a lot of English shows with Dutch subtitles to watch on the TV. We've seen Oprah, Dr. Phil and the Cosby show - also Monk.

Unique Quality: The next morning, my granddaughter tried to make coffee in the room. This was a problem because she put the filter and the coffee in the pot and it would erupt coffee all over everything. I found out later that she was to put the coffee in the cup, boil water and pour it in. There are no directions at all in this room (even in Dutch) for how to do things.They don't even have the number to dial on the phone for reception. However the personnel are extremely helpful when reached.

The night before we were to leave, I wanted to print out our boarding passes but I could not get the SAS website to respond with our reservation at all. So eventually I called Expedia. After 20 minutes on the phone, she said that she had put in our information on the SAS site and I should wait for 5 or 10 minutes for it to get there and try again.

When I tried again, I could check us in for the Amsterdam to Copenhagen flight, but couldn't print the boarding passes from the room. So I went down to use the terminal in the hotel. I tried and tried, but each time I would get to the place to print out the boarding pass, I could see them for a minute or so and then the terminal would kick me out close the window and send me back to the hotels main page. After two trips to the desk, one of the girls at the desk went with me and tried and it did the same to her. So it wasn't just me. She finally went into the hotel computer and printed the boarding passes out for me.

Directions: Public transportation departing from Central Station (trams # 1, 2, 5, 13 and 17). The first stop right in front of our hotel (tram stop 'Nieuwezijdskolk').

iaint's Profile Photo

Liked it

by written on January 2, 2007

Good quality from Dutch chain. Is it still part of KLM?

This one is well located opposite Central station, so easy transport. On edge of tourist area, so good for restaurants etc.

Unique Quality: Reliable quality; location

Directions: come out of station, then about 10 o'clock on left.

Clean, Central, and Comfortable

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2006

The Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre is a quick, easy walk from Centraal Station, Dam Square, and the Kalverstraat shopping district, but still manages to be quiet and relaxing. We found out halfway through our stay that the hotel was at full capacity. It was so peaceful that we would never have known! Their stated check-in is 3:00 p.m., but they had a room for us when we arrived at 10:00 a.m. Our room was small, like so many European rooms, but extremely comfortable and well laid-out. It had an ample closet with hangers, shelves, and a small safe. The bathroom, though also on the small side, is very well equipped. Don't let that half-sized glass door on the shower put you off! I managed to wash my very long, thick hair in there without making a mess of the bathroom. It serves its purpose just fine.

The hotel staff was helpful and extremely pleasant. Be sure to check out the wall of "hotlinks" cards - these offer directions to many area attractions and restaurants, and most will offer a small discount.

The hotel offers free wireless access throughout, and has two free internet stations in one corner of the bar. Even when the hotel's at full capacity, these are usually available.

BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED in the room rate. Please make note of this, to avoid a) paying more money than you expected to and b) annoying the very nice people at the front desk.

There are two restaurants right next door: The Five Bells, which is also offers a bar and pool tables and from which you can order very tasty room service, and Humphrey's. Or you can visit the cafe on the corner, the Betty Boop or Ben's Coffeehouse, a small place serving burgers, Belgian fries, and croquettes, or an Argentine steak house. In short, there is no lack of places to eat around here. There's even an espresso and cookie bar nearby!

In short, I'd recommend this place to anyone. My husband and I can't wait to go back.

Directions: From Centraal Station's main entrance, turn R
L on N.Z. Voorburgwal
Straight down on the L, just after you pass the Ramada on the R

evilleelee's Profile Photo

Nice and comfy

by written on March 9, 2005

Everything at this hotel was good. Clean, excellent service, friendly staff. Breakfast was very nice. I'd probably stay here again.

The only wrong thing was the bar wasn't very big and was next to reception.

Unique Quality: It's right in between the red light district and the culteral sites with just a few minutes walk from the train station.

Chris_T's Profile Photo

Very nice - if you don't mind having a word or two

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2005

Considering it's built on the side of a fairly busy suburban station, this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are split smoking/non smoking (which is good for me as a smoker cos I can't abide hotels that think you can just go outside etc..).
Facilities were good including a hotel bar open till 1am (not great for Amsterdam but good enough for a drink before you go out...). Rooms were reasonably equipped including a well stocked mini bar which also included a range of snacks (if you go for the other side of Amsterdam nightlife this is essential).

My problem with this hotel was with the TV. First night, we arrived and went straight out again - got back about 3 am and wanted to watch some telly - didn't all...

OK - next morning I have a word at reception (including all the usual punter questions - was it pluged in, did you turn it on etc...which annoys me a bit) and they finally agreed to move us - which I had to do - quite a lot of bagage etc - to another room...which was nowhere near as nice as the first but, hey, I'm only sleeping here right....

Then I find its a non smoking room they're moving us to - back to reception and yet another move...that night was peacefull - telly worked OK though we were only watching normal channels..

Final night we hit the coffee shops, red light district etc and come back feeling pretty fruity thinking of a bit of pay TV (Amsterdam style) in the room - no go, pay tv won't work...

Bit of a nightmare all round BUT in their defense, after a bit of word at reception, they agreed that we had been inconvenienced and reduced our mini bar bill by 50% (which, considering we'd had no telly, was considerable) so all in all I guess they had our best interests at heart...

Directions: Train or taxi to Zaandam station and its right on the end of the ticket office...

tweetycaro's Profile Photo

Very good location !!

by written on November 4, 2004

We stayed here for 3 nights, because my friend works in a travel agency we had a cheaper price. It is very well located, close to the train station, centre of town.
I found the rooms a bit small for a 4* hotel, but they were very clean.

Unique Quality: The hotel hasn't got a restaurant but breakfast is included, bread, croissant, bacon and eggs, cereal, .... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Directions: 5min walk from the train station

ellaallison's Profile Photo

Golden Tulip Inntel is my favourite

by written on October 12, 2004

I have never had a bummy hotel, they have all been great. I have stayed in 'The Jolly Carlton' 'The Luxor' 'GT hotel Inntel' 'the Lacanna'. My favourite is the Inntel and that’s the one I stay at most.

One tip though, its a lot cheaper to book hotel at last minute, as opposed to the airlines being the opposite- they are cheaper to book in advance.

Unique Quality: Ive been twice and never had a good view though

Directions: Across from La Canna or Betty Boos

Alice88's Profile Photo

Hotel in the center of the Shopping District

by written on October 4, 2004

This hotel was perfect for us. Whatever we wanted was a short walk from our hotel. No matter what direction we went in, we found shops, restaurants, museums, coffeshops, and other sights to see. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful in steering us in the right direction for some museums or providing advice on sights not to miss. Our room was comfortable and we had a nice big king size bed, though the pillows were a bit flat. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay and I'd stay there again if we ever do get the opportunity to go back.

Unique Quality: The king size bed was a very welcome sight after our stay in London with two twin beds (which I managed to roll off every single night we were there - bruises are just beginning to fade from those falls). The continental breakfast was okay, but we didn't know what some of the food was and also after a few days, does get boring. This hotel is nice also because you need your room key to use the elevator, so had very good security.

Nixter01's Profile Photo

Our Hotel

by written on May 10, 2003

This was our hotel for the two nights that we were here, and it was a lovely hotel, very spacious and pretty.
The rooms were large with great views to.

Unique Quality: Very large breakfast/dining area, lift, stairs, gym and much more

adambeau's Profile Photo

In the Heart (and soul) of Amsterdam

by written on October 8, 2002

Ultra Modern conveniences in a quiet area of the city with helpful and friendly staff that go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and appropriately furnished and decorated with subtle, distinctive Dutch flair.

Unique Quality: Located in the heart of the city, just a short walk to Centraal Station. Surrounded by olde world architecture you really get a sense of Amsterdam at this great 3+star hotel.

Crackling fireplace in the lounge where you can unwind and meet others enjoying this beautiful, magical city.

Nearby Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews