Amsterdam Hotels

Our Members Say

• AMSTERSAM profile photo AMSTERSAM
  • Reviews: 4

Lindbergh Travel: My 'best deals' on Hotels

Never a problem in Amsterdam if a hotel messes with you.

Since, well ..a long time ago, I only booked a Hotel in advance once there. I then found Pieter at Lindbergh travel, a block away from Central station on Damrak. Since day one he has never failed on getting me the best for the very best price. Lindbergh Travel has great folks, I just look and wait for Pieter as he is far more than a salesman. He cares, extremely kind, interesting, very direct and has only spoken the truth and never misrepresented any service they can perform.

If you have any problem with the booking you mentioned, walk in to Lindbergh Travel around 11 am they will have received a list of 'last minute' deals on the best Hotels in Amsterdam. I have always have gotten 4 -5 star at 2-3 star prices. He got me Double Trees Mint by Central station for less than the Eden Hotel wanted for a VERY VERY single dirty cell..ah....room. It was more than a fabulous room and I am a complaining American.....unless the service is great. Have a great time.

If you go tell him Sam from 'Chicago' sez Hi.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Museum Visits, Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written April 10, 2012

• EuroJ profile photo EuroJ
  • Reviews: 14

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Manofa: Hostle from H*ll

This was my 1st time ever in a hostel and I must say, after being there I have yet to go to a hostel again, mind you this was back in 2007. The stay was pretty bad, sadly this the very first time I went & it was a impulse trip. The beds were gross, shower situation was similiar to something I had experenced in Iraq. When i laid down I couldnt sleep, I just felt like something was crawling on me, SMH. After that I said NEVER again! lol Every time I have went since then was in a 4 ot 5 * hotel. One thing I learned is if you plan to go stay over night in Amsterdam, be prepared to spend 300+ $ for one night.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written February 8, 2012
Tip Photo

Great Location but thats about it

• Kennymac profile photo Kennymac
  • Reviews: 15

Trivago.co.uk: Booking Hotels

Check out trivago.co.uk best site for hotel booking hotels on the web compairs all other websites for prices.. and if you want a good cheap hotel always book the day before as this is when you get the best prices , sometimes up to 70% off.

• Written January 30, 2012

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 285

My friend's temporary apartment: Stay in an Anti-Squat

Squatters beware!

Find a friend who is an Anti-Squatter: someone who pays the landlord a nominal rent to prevent a squatter from seizing valuable, private property. I stayed with one of my Dutch teachers in a fabulous duplex near the Leidseplein. Fantastic light and sky which is a hallmark of Amsterdam weather.

P.S. the only downside is that the Landlord can discharge the Anti-Squatter at the shortest of notie. Enjoy it while it lasts!!

Free and great location

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking, Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written November 14, 2011
Tip Photo

• aussirose profile photo aussirose
  • Reviews: 1167

Houseboat B042: Houseboat in Amsterdam

I was looking forward to seeing the canals of Amsterdam and could not think of a better way to stay in Amsterdam but on a Houseboat right on a canal in the city.

We checked out a stack of Houseboats on the site below and eventually decideded on Houseboat B042.

Well the choice was a great one! I would definately advise that you stay here! Yes, it costs a bit more than a hotel....but there's no better way to enjoy Amsterdam in my opinion!! :o)

We would definately stay here again!

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography
  • Written November 5, 2011

Houseboat B042 Amsterdam

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

IBIS AMSTERDAM AIRPORT: AIRPORT HOTEL

Thursday May 19 - Friday May 20
As our flight to Ohrid was not until Friday morning, we stayed at the IBIS AMSTERDAM AIRPORT overnight. When we arrived at Schiphol and after getting our luggage, we went outside to where the hotel shuttles were and got the free shuttle to the IBIS. We were early, but the kind young man at the desk gave us a room (#3502). Thank goodness, as we were very tired.
We booked the IBIS through booking.com and paid 89 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 94.04 Euros.
Breakfast was not included and is extra at 15 Euros per person per day.

Tuesday May 31 to Thursday June 2, 2011
As our flight to Toronto was not until Thursday morning, we stayed two nights again at the IBIS. We again booked through booking.com and paid 178 Euros plus 6% city tax - for a total of 184.68 Euros, but this time we received two free buffet breakfasts as we were staying two nights. (Special - room must be prepaid with no cancellation allowed).

FREE SHUTTLE BUS - takes guests to and from Schiphol between 4:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Follow the "Hotel shuttles" signs to exit D. At bus stop A9 you will find the IBIS shuttle bus. A schedule is posted at the bus stop and at the IBIS near the entrance to the hotel.

Our room was simple with Queen bed, TV, computer desk ( free internet for an hour at a time - get a password from the front desk). safe (free to use), mini-fridge ( not all rooms have a fridge), bath/shower, bath soap provided & hair dryer.
First Floor - Red Baron Bar & Vending Area
Second Floor - Star Class Cafe' - Lunch dinner, snacks and drinks - ate here once - Chicken wings and fries.
Fourth Floor - Pizza and Pasta - Italian - take away available
Restaurant L'Estaminet - French Cuisine Restaurant
Breakfast Room - Early Bird 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. - Breakfast Buffet 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. = Cost 15 Euros per person per day.

• Written June 6, 2011

Hotel IBIS - Amsterdam Airport

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

Zaanse Koopmanshuis: Winner B&B 2009/self-catering near Amsterdam

Friends of mine, a couple from Ontario, Canada, stayed at this B&B during their stay in The Netherlands in September 2010. They enjoyed their stay very much.
Best to check the website (full English, French and German versions available) for the latest prices.

You can explore the typical coastal towns and villages, beaches less then 30 mins away by car or by bicycle. You can rent bikes at the B&B for 7 euro per day.

You're less than 30 minutes from Amsterdam by train.

Owners are:
Fred & Kelly Snel
Mobile phone: 0031(0)6-30231121

Definitely typical Noord-Holland architecture and atmosphere. Very near Zaanse Schans with the famous windmill scenery and near Amsterdam.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 13, 2010

• dustmon profile photo dustmon
  • Reviews: 1122

Houseboathotel: Houseboat rental on Prinsengracht

I had stayed in one other houseboat before, and it was not available, so tried www.houseboathotel.nl and ended up at Irene's (ih-ree-na) place near the Anne Frank House on the Prinsengracht canal. I cannot tell you how cool it is to sit on the back deck in the sun, waving to the cruising boats going by, who probably think you are a native! One bedroom with a split king bed, a nice shower, a gas stove, small fridge and microwave, table and chairs, a small loveseat and chair in the living area and a small nice deck with 2 chairs and a small table. Swans and other waterbirds come right up to you hoping for bread---pretty much a residential area, but a really nice pancake place and a Dutch restaurant less than a block away. The Jordaan is right across the canal with tons of cool walks among the shops and galleries. Guess you can tell I love Amsterdam, huh? The website has much more to offer if you want a different area, but this is the only boat I have stayed on and would recommend it highly---about the same as a nice hotel room, but so much more to offer. Irene lives across the street if needed.

Bottle of Prosecco upon arrival, lovely canal living, lots of restaurants close by

• Related to: Photography, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 15, 2010
Tip Photo

view from the back deck looking north

• Birsen profile photo Birsen
  • Reviews: 378

Piet Hein Hotel: Wonderful Vondelpark View

The hotel is located in the center of the city. 5 min walk to museum plein. the tram stop is 2 min walk. The hotel is very modern, the staff is very helpful. The breakfast is great. The room had a park view with the balcony. (n:120) I highly recommend it.

I connected my netbook with free wifi in our room. Also there was a safety box i kept the laptop and the valuables.

Also they are very prompt for answering e-mails. info@hotelpiethein.nl

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Women's Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written July 10, 2010

the room

• Pfoot profile photo Pfoot
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Acro Hotel Amsterdam: Dishonest staff, unpleasant end to a good stay

Basic hostel-type accomodation. Clean, good breakfasts. Seemed a good choice until a dress of mine went missing from the room. It must have been taken by the housekeeping staff and numerous attempts to speak with them got nowhere as the staff at front desk kept telling me they weren't there. Have tried following up with them by email after check-out to but have got no response. Beware of your property if staying here.

Location is pretty good, excellent for the museums.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written May 25, 2010

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Courtyard by Marriott: Lovely Hotel Outside Amsterdam(Still Mins to City)

The place is located in a previously reclaimed part of a huge lake so the views are wonderful here! It is also part of an Events Centre- Claus Hotels & Event centre with Bowling, Bistro, Diner 50's Style, Events Centre, Beachhouse, Gym, etc.

If you like to stay in something more peaceful with plenty of greenery to escape the chaos that is in the city of Amsterdam, this place is highly recommended. just as long as you are not too fussy with your dining options as we experienced!

The room service wasn't up to the five star standard as classified for this place. Whenever we tried ordering room service, the restaurant was close (even on a Saturday night!) so we were just allowed to order snacks like pizzas and burgers. The food is good though so no complaints about them! We wished there were more dishes on offer so we could have enjoyed ourselves more!

Near to transport, airport, park and lake, walking tracks, biking trails, etc. Nice facilities- modern, clean and always seem to be quiet! the only time we see people are during the buffet brekky. Otherwise we seldom hear any noise , as if the place is deserrted!

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, Family Travel
  • Written May 17, 2010
Tip Photo

walking around the hotel area

• travidea profile photo travidea
  • Reviews: 1

Apartment City center: Apartments Talia

I was looking for a nice not expansive holiday apartment in Amsterdam for a few days and I found a great women (Talia) that help us to find a great place near the Dam square in Amsterdam. You can visit the web site to view some of the options to rent but after you contact Talia she will really going to help you to find the best apartment for your vacation in amsterdam.

The bathroom has a shower bathtub, toilet, Iron, hairdryer ,Television, CD player,Wireless

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 5, 2010

apartment amsterdam

• vickss profile photo vickss
  • Reviews: 113

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bed & Net: Spacious guesthouse

Bed and Net is a 3/4 floor guesthouse with independent apartments.. It costs about 90-100 euro a night. The place is a short walk from Keizersgracht tram stop which is about 5-10 minutes from Central Station on tram 4(among others). The place faces a canal and has good views on a sunny day. We were at the basement apartment which was ok but smelled funny due to the two pets in the house.. one fatty cat and one meek small puppy.
The cat unfortunately liked to rest in our bathroom which made us a bit uncomfortable specially my wife who is not too fond of pets and specially dislikes cats.
anyway, the apartment also had a small kitchenette.. the apartment had two large sofas which opened to small beds besides a large low floor wooden table with moving bearings at the bottom.. the apartment also had pc with net connection.
the bath was decent(barring the smell of Pedigree pet food)..
Plus the blinds of the basement apartment did not totally shut out someone if ever there was a peeping tom on the small street right outside. Considering that we were not getting any place in last week booking in Amsterdam for two ppl with private ensuite(most hostels and budget hotels required atleast 3-4 days booking at a stretch and we had two nights in Amsterdam) so it was a relief and I think decent value of money. The place was a bit far from the place of action but still not like too far.

Reaching was an issue as number plates in Amsterdam is a bit confusing with a system of odd and even numbers on different sides of the street. It took us around half an hour with our 45 kg of backpack to get to the place

• Written October 3, 2009

Canal facing the guesthouse

• iwent profile photo iwent
  • Reviews: 69

Ibis Schiphol Airport: Child Friendly Airport Hotel

Children stay free Ibis Hotel at Schiphol if they share the room with their parents. A cot is provides free of charge, they also get breakfast at a 50% discount.
more details

No frills hotel near the Schiphol Airport.
Free shuttle bus

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 21, 2009

• breughel profile photo breughel
  • Reviews: 1572

Bed bugs in Amsterdam hotels.

Bad news for the clients of Amsterdam hotels.
It has been found that 20% of the hotels have bedbugs.
This information originates from Rentokil, a company active in the destruction of vermin, and was reported in the Dutch newspapers Het Parool and De Telegraaf of 4/07/2009.

• Opinion of Price: N/A