Manofa Hotel Amsterdam

Museum Visits Women's Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

Giving up my tripple room on Wed 25 May

by written on May 6, 2011

I have booked a tripple room on Wednesday 25th May at Manofa Hotel, right on the Damrak of Amsterdam. However, after reading the review, I think it's not very suitable for an elderly family member travelling with me. I would like to give up this room for anyone who wants it for half price (from €94 to €47). Contact: itishoong@gmail.com

lizzylooselegs's Profile Photo

You get what you pay for

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 19, 2007

I stayed here from 30 th aug to 2nd sep 2007. As a woman traveller travelling alone, i felt very safe here. After booking the hotel i read various bad reviews and nearly stayed somewhere else! However, when i arrived the receptionist was very welcoming and helpful. My room was on the first floor not far from reception (which is manned 24/7)

I opted for the budget room, which had a single bed,wardrobe,washbasin, and a chair. I was pleased to find that the bed and the sheets were very clean, and clean towels were provided.

The shared shower was next door to my room, and the toilet was just down the hallway.
Continental Breakfast was provided in the italian restaurant downstairs. My only complaint is that due to my room being close to reception i could hear the door slamming,as guests came in at night.

Unique Quality: The hotel is situated on a very busy street which is 200 yards from Centraal Station. It is very convenient for restaurants, trams,taxis etc. All the local tourist areas are very near here and the red light district is less than 5 mins walk away.

The rooms laminated floor was washed every day, and clean towels were provided.

I would stay here again as i think you get what you paid for and if you dont plan to spend much time in the room it is an ideal base to see amsterdam.

Directions: 200 yards from Centraal station

panasonicyouth's Profile Photo

ok if you just need to pass out

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 18, 2006

I stayed here with 3 friends in a room that was smaller than Anne Frank's. No joke. We were approached by a guy right outside of the train station who took us to the hotel and got us a fairly good rate on a room for the four of us. We were more than disappointed when we saw the room and were moved to a bigger room the next night. The worst part about the hotel wasn't the facilities, or even price (we felt the staff was very understanding and was ready to accomodate), but the crowd that was occupying the hotel was COMPLETELY rowdy all hours of the night. We were all fairly certain there was a fight in the early AM while we were sleeping one night. I'm not sure I'd stay here again, but it was an experience to say the least.

Unique Quality: The location was very close to the train station, which was convenient for day trips etc.

Directions: walk straight from the train station, and the hotel manofa is located on the right hand side around all the typical touristy restaurants and shops.

johngayton's Profile Photo

Doing It's Best But Still Scruffy!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2006

This is a scruffy old hotel, but scruffy in a sort of well-worn way, rather than dirty. This hotel is firmly fixed in its 1* bracket despite its aspirations for higher things but for an overnight stay in the centre of the city in late June it fulfilled its function as a place to dump my bag before going out and then as a place to get my head down on returning in the very early hours.

This is definitely not the sort of hotel to book into for a romantic weekend, but it is cheapish and the rooms were pretty much as advertised - I think the hairdryer in the bathroom is their stab at 2* status!

My single room was tiny, as was the bed and the window and the wardrobe and the TV and the ashtray and..................Mind you having said that virtually every hotel I have stayed in here has had small rooms.

I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I really needed to be this central and couldn't get anywhere else, but don't let that put you off, I am getting a bit fussy about my hotels these days.

Unique Quality: For centrality and easyness to find the location on Damrak, maybe 100 metres from Cetraal Station, is great. Reception was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is served in the downstairs restaurant but I gave it a miss (what with not getting up until 11) but reports reckon its pretty naff.

One warning - the hotel is on 5 floors and there is no lift!

Directions: On the right coming up Damrak from Centraal, look out for the big red sign.

Backpackin_Mac's Profile Photo

Hotel Touts at Centraal Station

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 1, 2004

Mari and I arrived at Centraal Station with no guidebook but had directions to the Pig and Whistle. As soon as we left the station a man came up and asked if we needed accomodation. We listened to him and he said we could stay in a double room for 40 guilders. We followed him to the Manofa and the receptionist said 60 guilders but when we repeated what the tout said they let us stay in a very clean room with a nice window fro 40 guilder each. It also included a huge breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. Cheaper than a 39 bed dorm at the P&W

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, excellent free breakfast, central to everything.

Directions: Between Dam Square and Centraal Station

• Restaurant
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews