Stadhouderskade 7, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1054 ES, The Netherlands

NH Hoteles Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ophiro's Profile Photo

NH Amsterdam Centre

The NH Amsterdam Centre hotel is located in a great location - very close to Leidseplein , one the most famous squares in Amsterdam.

The hotel was very good , big rooms , very good breakfast , the crew was polite and helpful.

The location is very important - 2 minutes from Vondelpark , 5 minutes from the museum area , 10 minutes from Heineken experience , 2 minutes from Leidseplein.
    You got the idea.

Unique Quality: The location is amazing
    If you are coming from the airport you can take the 197 bus for only 4 Euros and get to the hotel in 20 minutes !

Directions: Near Leidseplein square

• malianrob's Profile Photo

NH Amsterdam Centre

I booked my hotel on Piceline.com and I got a very good deal. I made my bid a little lower than what was recommended for this four star hotel so I wasnt sure I would get it. I was very surprised when my bid was expected. We got a standard room for $80 a night but when we checked into the hotel the front desk clerk upgraded us to a suite because we were staying more than 7 days. That was a nice surprise because we expected to get a small room and we got a very comfortable suite. The room was very big and very nice. The view outside wasnt so great but that was ok. The hotel front desk staff were very friendly and helpful always throughout our stay. The maid service everyday was great and the room was cozy. I loved it. There is also a bar downstairs which was nice to hang out at and there was fire wifi in the lobby. There was two restaurants in the hotel. I did eat breakfast at one of them but it was pricey. The hotel location is great too. We were near Vondel Park and near Leidseplein square. We were also close to the Rijksmuseum and not too far from the Van Gogh museum. We did ALOT of walking and this hotel was pretty centrally located to everything. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone.

Unique Quality: Besides my outstanding room, the location was great at this hotel. We were very close to Leidseplein Square so there was always alot of entertainment close by. There were also many restaurants in the area and coffee shops if yoou are into that kind of thing. We also got in very early, way before 3 or 4 when we were supposed to check in and we were lucky enough to be able to get our into our room.
    Room service was quick and helpful but unfortuneatly the food we ate wasnt so good. We had room service twice and both times the food wasnt very tastey.
    Breakfast is pricey for what you get. It should be a little less and I wouldve had breakfast here everymorning. Just for the convinence.

Directions: Near Vondel Park and near Leidseplein square. The Rijksmuseum and not too far from the Van Gogh museum.

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Really bowled over

The room we had was recently refitted in a minimalist style, and was at the back of the hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast although the breakfast room is huge and lacks character (although it was due for refitting too sometime). We were disappointed with the gym which is tiny and not included in the price. The staff were great and the location is fantastic with a tram stop outside (NOTE if coming from the city the tram stops either before or after the hotel. If travelling into the city it stops right outside. You soon get the hang of it.)

Unique Quality: Nicely refitted rooms.
    Friendly, helpful staff.

• caddman11's Profile Photo

Leideseplein location with a great staff!

Great hotel located in a great area; the Leideseplein area. Moderatly priced, very clean, friendly staff, great door man. The location is in a very happening area, entertainment, restaurants and Museums. It is a good area that is we felt very safe. Good access to trams, nice park out front along with canals with a water taxi. We will probably stay here again when we go next time mainly because of the location.

Unique Quality: Close museums within 3 blocks: Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Heineken Brewery, Vondelpark , and the Flowermarket. No pool but completely redone. Very nice.

Directions: Leideseplein --- right in the middle of everything.

• dbrouwer's Profile Photo

Ask for the Hotel on Leidseplein

have stayed at this hotel many times since it was a Golden Tulip. It is perfectly located on Leidseplein and near all the restaurant nightlife. The hotel was remodelled sometime in 2003 with all new furnishings and beds in the rooms. The breakfast buffet is a very traditional dutch/english/american style breakfast, but make sure you request this as part of your room rate because it is almost 19 euro as a standalone breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if you request, upon making a reservation, they will hold a room for you if you are coming on an early flight for a fee. This is the best for the business traveller.

Unique Quality: Make sure that you ask for the hotel based on the address in this article. There are many NH hotels and sometimes this can be confusing. This is the hotel next to the Marriott and is across from the American Hotel. It is a perfect place for the business traveller.

Directions: Ask for the NH hotel near the Marrott and Leidseplein

• VickiJ's Profile Photo

My Favourite Hotel in Amsterdam

This would be the nicest place to stay in Amsterdam. Easy to get to from Central Station (think you need to take the No5 tram to the Leidesplein,and its a short walk from the stop).
    The hotel is immaculate, i think that the hotel has just undergone some rennovation. The rooms vary in size, one year we had a massive room, the next a small room but they all amenities - hair dryer, bathrooms, mini bar etc. The room service is 24 hours for late night munchies - the tomato soup is to die for!!!
    If you do plan to go at New Year, you can hear fireworks going off into the early hours of the morning, and it isn't too far to stagger back! Its not far from the Hard Rock Cafe and other resturants and bars.
    The staff on reception are very helpful too!

Unique Quality: My room didn't have the best view, but was only really there for sleeping!
    The hotel has a beauty salon/spa and the like - however was shut over New Year when we were there!

Directions: Take the Number 5 Tram from Central Station!

• vickss's Profile Photo

NH Amsterdam Centre

Based in Leidseplein area - actually close to the famous Leidseplein square it is well located.
    I had gone through a corporate junket so only bed and breakfast was free otherwise I was a backpacker.
    The rooms surprisingly were pretty small considering that it is a 5 star deluxe hotel.
    Infact its bathroom was smaller than most 3 star hotels in my country(India).
    Beds had a too cushionny mattress which might give you neck cramps for a day.
    One good thing about this hotel is that it is right next to a tram and bus stop.
    Just 5 minutes walk to the museums- Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum.
    At the Leidseplein square you have all types of food bonanza- mostly beef etc.
    But there are also the fast food joints.
    So backpackers have no food issue(But I guess baackpackers won't stay here in the first place Haha)
    Service was OK even though the hotel was having some construction in some of the rooms in my floor and so the passageway to my room was a little messy.
    Breakfast was also ok but not that great.

Unique Quality: It doesn't have a swimming pool- another shock for me.
    Not that great a view as the rooms open to a back surrounding which looked like some offices or something.
    Pay movies wasn't worth paying for.
    One good thing is that it provides for a personal press in the room so if you have some clothes unpressedand do not want to spend too much for laundry then it is a good option.
    Room refrigerator is also ok. Nothing great-allthe usual stuff.

More about NH Amsterdam Centre

Fantastic Hotel - Couldn't have asked for more!

We made a last minute decision to stay at the NH Amsterdam Centre hotel and it was a great choice. Unfortunately Expedia hadn't informed the hotel of our booking, however the reception desk dealt with it quickly and efficiently. The room was modern, very clean, trendy and the bathroom was brand new and funky. The showers are amazing! The staff are very helpful, confirming restaurant bookings and recommending places to visit. The hotel is in a great location, with the main attractions all within easy walking distance of the hotel. Next time we're visiting Amsterdam, we'll be staying at NH Amsterdam Centre!

Nice hotel, minus the air-conditioner

I stayed at the NH Hotel Amsterdam Centre for two nights (Aug. 3-5). The hotel was very nice, and the room itself was great. The king size bed was very comfortable, and the TV was the largest I'd seen in Europe. The staff were also very helpful, and the hotel restaurant was very nice. Also a fantastic location. My only two complaints are relatively minor: Having booked my room on Orbitz.com, I was told I would have an air-conditioned room, and was also told that my room rate included an airport shuttle. In actuality, the hotel has an air COOLER, which can olny lower the outside temp by 5 degrees celsius. (During my August stay the room remained a steady 29 degrees (84 F), and the window only opened slightly). To their credit, they quickly provided a fan when I mentioned it to the desk (thinking my AC was broken). Now most people can handle it, especially during any other month than august, but being from the southern US, we run our AC year round, and to me there's a big difference. As to the airport shuttle, it was available, but I had to pay for it (not sure why). However, compared to the rest of its amenities and its staff, these problems are not too important, and I would stay there again.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member sukki

just returned from NH Amsterdam-stayed week of 7/9/04
very nice, immaculate rooms. very good location;easy to get around. walk to museums, shops, restaurants. Very helpful staff. Tram right in front of hotel. Good breakfast; but a bit pricey.
Good value and would stay there again. Quiet area.

Enjoyed this hotel

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The room was spacious for european standards and nicely decorated. I was a bit concerned about it being very close to the elevators but it turn out to be very quiet. The staff was very friendly. Central location.
I would stay here again.

NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel

by orchidsmith

I will be staying in this hotel for a week in March. It seems to be close to Leidesplein. Has anyone stayed here before? I was just wondering what to expect.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: Re: NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel

by Imaniac

I haven't stayed there. But I have stayed in another hotel from teh same branch. It was a great hotel, good service, nice rooms, clean and a great breakfast. So I think that;s what you can expect as well.

Comments