NH Museum Quarter

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Seniors Singles Business Travel
See Amenities

My September stay was a disaster!

Unknown (10.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 4, 2013

My latest experience was a disaster. I had only two days in Amsterdam to visit my clients. The internet connection was either slow or inexistent. I complained to the reception and the hotel asked me to speak to their provider Swisscom. It is the first time that I am asked to speak with a provider. The first day, I spent three and half hours on the phone with Swisscom to try to resolve the problem. Why should a client talk to the provider? Two staff members tried to resolve the problem by talking to Swisscom themselves and by using my laptop, to no avail. Here is a hotel which claims to be a destination for business travelers and which does not provide adequate internet connection. Instead of offering me a fair compensation for the significant inconvenience, the hotel offered me a ridiculous discount as a "token" appreciation. Appreciation for what? And why "token"? I felt insulted for the lack of respect of my time and for my irritation. I could not conduct my business as I had expected. On top of that, the safe was not working and the wake-up call took place one hour ahead of time! Put this hotel on your black list. Do not chose this hotel! They apologize but at the same time they insult you by disrespecting your time.

breughel's Profile Photo

A modern and comfortable 4* hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2007

NH MUSEUM QUARTER is a modern and comfortable 4* hotel from the Spanish NH group.

The location is in a residential area on the rand of the Museum Kwartier in the Oud-Zuiddistrict. Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh are at about 5 minutes walk. On the other side of the canal is the (apparently safe) popular and multicultural area of De Pijp with the Albert Cuypstraat market and a lot of mostly non-Dutch restaurants.
At 100 m from the hotel stop the trams N° 16 and 24 (10 min. from the Dam and 15 min. from Central Station). Trams about every 5 min. for the centre.

I had a large standard double room with view on the canal. Modern furniture but too few drawers.
The mini bar was empty but the frigo works. There is a coffee machine with tea and coffee bags.
Several long distance air companies send their crews here so that the hotel is very quiet because these persons just sleep before the next flight.
The staff is kind and very multilingual.

The prices vary strongly according to the period from 101 to 169€/room in July, August and September. Check their price calendar on their website.

Directions: About 500 m South from the Rijksmuseum.

kymbanm's Profile Photo

A Lovely surprise on a stressful day ....

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 8, 2005

On our way home from Ireland, our flight from Dublin to Amsterdam was delayed .... though we arrived in time to make the flight, our bags wouldn't. So KLM decided to put us up for the night .... and this was the location they chose.

I cried, and cried somemore, as I thought this 24 hour delay would prevent me from seeing my little sister before she left for her first year at college .... fortunately, I reached my family and they changed their plans. Only then could I enjoy this little, unexpected, return to Amsterdam.

Unique Quality: The location of this hotel is wonderful, though we arrived at 2200, and were leaving about 12 hours later, we took time to walk about the Museumplein .... watching folks visit, play basketball, and other park related activities. We wandered over to the Rijksmuseum to see it with the night lighting, cruised the canals to watch the swans and other local life..... a wonderful way to wind down.

Our KLM vouchers for the hotel provided us with free shuttle service between Schippol and the hotel, free dinner, free breakfast, and of course the free meal.

We enjoyed our dinner immensly! Delicious is the simplest word to use ... we also enjoyed visiting with the staff in the resaturant and the bar ... friendly, open people - again impressed with the staff of this hotel chain.

Again, wonderful room, and heavenly linens ..... I'm thinking I'll be trying to stay at this chain of hotels again in the future :)

Nearby NH Museum Quarter

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews