Nadia Hotel Amsterdam

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 17% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Charming hotel in the old center

Since the hotel is in the heart of the old city, I guess it should not surprise anyone that it has to conform to the local architecture in order to maintain its old world charm. Because of this, the moment you enter its front door, you are greeted by a very high and steep staircase typical of other dwellings in the area. And the same scenario holds up to our 4th floor room, which is why it is highly advisable that you keep your big and heavy luggage in the store room at the ground level and just bring up to your room your carry-on and other personal necessities. Our room had free wifi, TV, safety box, mini-ref (empty but useful for keeping your own drinks cold), coffee maker and its own balcony. Perhaps my only complaint was the tiny bathroom.

That aside, the room, the hotel staff, the included breakfast and the hotel's location were all great. I highly recommend it except for elderly people, especially those with mobility problems or arthritis.

Unique Quality: The hotel is a short walk or tram ride away from the Dam. Anne Frank's house is just around the corner on the next street. There is a tram stop across the bridge from it where you can ride to/from the Central Train station. There are plenty of restos and bars in the vicinity (including Italian, Turkish, Indian, etc.) as well as souvenir and grocery stores.

Directions: See hotel website for directions

• eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

The most hospitable place I've ever been

The location of the hotel is really great. Just about 20 minutes by walk from the Central Station (and in 5 minutes from there by tram 13, 14, 17 (the stop right in front of the station). All the most important highlights are within walking distance, some of them near the hotel. (Anne Frank's house or a Houseboat museum, for example)
    It is convenient to use the hope on, hope off Canal-Bus as there are 2 quays in 5 minutes from the hotel. (The stop of the green line on the Princengraht and another one of the red line on the Keizersgracht).
    There is the Albert Heijn supermarket near the hotel, so you can always have some food, as there is a fridge in the room.
    The building is unique and beautiful. Some rooms have the rooms vith the street and the canal view; mine faced on the little inner yard, so it was quiet. Every morning I was enjoying with the birds singing and the Westerkirk carillon.
    The stairs were not as bad as I’d expected, in addition people from the staff were so kind to help me with my bags. The room was small but cozy and clear. I had all that I needed in the room – hairdryer, fridge, safe, tea making facilities and even free Wi-Fi.

All the personnel of the hotel are very friendly and polite. Especially mr. Osam, who made me feeling like at home there. There is a very welcoming atmosphere at this place! Thanks all of them for the excellent holiday!
    I will definitely stay there again.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Wishing to back again

Nadia Hotel was our choose to sleep in our trip to Ámsterdam. The hotel is centrally located, between Dam Square and the Westerkerk on Jordaan Quarter. The hotel in on a 1rst floor and the staff take your luggage to your room so there´s no problem to climb the steepy staircase, when we arrived to the reception the recepcionitst offered a free drink while we wait our room was ready. We booked a twin room with balcony with views to the westerkerk, the beds are bit small the door of the bathroom the smaller than i´ve seen but confortable to sleep after spend the day visiting the city. The breakfast was included on the rate and consist on bread rolls, croisants, orange juice, coffee, tea, yogurths, cheese. You have to pay the book before the day you leave the hotel if you pay in cash you get a 6% discount, can leave your luggage in a room after the check out. The staff was very kind all time, i highly recommend this hotel and sure that i back again.

El hotel Nadia fue nuestra elección para nuestra estancia en Ámsterdam. El hotel está muy bien situado entre la plaza Dam y la iglesia de Westerkerk en el barrio del jordaan. El hotel está en una 1º planta por lo que subir las escaleras con la maleta pensamos que sería un problema pero noooo, el personal te las sube y te las deja en la habitación y el día que dejas el hotel te las baja de nuevo. Reservamos una habitación twin con balcón con vistas a la westerkerk y al jordaan, las camas son un poco pequeñas pero muy cómodas y si pequeñas son las camas mas lo es la puerta para entrar al baño el cual está muy bien acondicionado. El desayuno incluido en el precio es tipo continental muy completo para empezar el día. El pago de la reserva hay que hacerlo antes de hacer el check out si lo haces en efectivo consigues un 6% de descuento, te guardan la maleta en una habitación habilitada el día del check out. El personal es muy amable en todo momento, sin duda lo recomiendo y repito este hotel si vuelvo a Ámsterdam.

Directions: Tram: 13-17 from central station, stop westermarkt.
    Tram:14 from dam square.

• I haven't received better hospitality anywhere

The Nadia “made” our experience of Amsterdam

We enjoyed the little things: the bouquet of flowers welcoming us to the room (especially the second time with the card, "Welcome back home"), the free drink in the breakfast room while waiting for our room to be prepared, the free wi-fi with strong signals in every room, the refrigerator that was so cold it could freeze our ice pack; the ideal room temperature even when it was cold outside in mid-March; the Belegen cheese at the buffet breakfast

We stayed twice in March. and we were fortunate that both rooms 413 and 4 had excellent views of the Keizers canal and the Westerkerk church. When the manager phoned to ask if room 4 was to our liking, we were sitting, silent, holding hands on the edge of the bed in the 6 pm dark, looking out of the huge window at the lights reflecting off the canal, houses on the other bank, the activity on the bridge, and the Westerkerk.

We can't remember staying any place where the manager and staff were so genuinely caring and yet so inobtrusive. If you don't mind climbing the steep stairs that separate the Nadia Hotel from the bustle of Raadhuis Straat, we recommend you try the Nadia. The staff will bring your suitcase up the stairs.

Unique Quality: We are beginning to appreciate that the choice of hotel usually drives our overall enjoyment of a city, whether we are traveling for business or pleasure. And the best experiences seem to be at family-run hotels where the hosts are host/concierges. Osam, the manager and his staff could not have given us more hospitality and personal attention. During our second stay, we found that our air tickets had been slipped out of my wife’s tote bag during a disorganized scramble for bus seats at the train station in Florence. Osam was there for us, providing advice, printing scans of airline MCOs for our next overnight stay, and urging us to focus on the positive side. He seemed disappointed that we had not yet tried the raw herring delicacy that is for sale in some street-side shops. The day before we left, we tried it, and we were grateful that we did. It was sweet like butter and not fishy-tasting.

Location is important to us, and the Nadia is in an excellent location near the Nine Little Streets shopping area and next to the trendy Jordaan area with a great view of the canal and Westerkerk. It is also about 10 minutes walk to the Dam and the center of Amsterdam. For those who would like to take a tram, it is a half a block from the tram stop. It is not far from a lot of Turkish grocery and other shops and within sight of Anne Frank house, a major tram stop, and a water bus stop. We enjoyed eating dinner two nights in a row (it was so tasty the first night that we had to go back) at Koh-i-noor restaurant on Raadhuisstraat, one block west of the Nadia. We have tried Indian food all over the world, including India, and we would rank Koh-i-noor among the top five for taste and quality.

Directions: From the Dam take Raadhuisstraat to the Keizers Canal. Or, from the Centraal station, take tram 17 or 13, buy a ticket in the back of the tram, and get off at Westermarkt

• toledophotographer's Profile Photo

Amsterdams best hotel and a great value

I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. The rooms were very clean and the staff was most helpful. I have stayed at other hotels in Amsterdam and Nadia is by far my favorite.

Unique Quality: Great views of canals. Perfect location near the city center and a ton of attractions.

• davido7236's Profile Photo

A good find

Stayed one night. Small, family-run hotel a few hundred yards from Dam Square. Service great. Lovely but simple self service buffet restaurant. Friendly staff. Free internet. You can come and go 24-hours a day but no 'visitors' are allowed in your room! Also single rooms are just for singles! The Nadia has an informative website. Nice view from the breakfast room towards the canal and church. I would recommend it.

Unique Quality: Good view, handy for tourist and cultural sights.

Directions: Few hundred yards / meters from Dam Square towards Jordaan

• Joseph69's Profile Photo

Nice location!

The Nadia Hotel is a nice hotel with a family feel. Just note that it has a very steep staircase into the rooms, so if you cannot handle very steep staircases, this hotel is not for you.

I found it very warm in the winter, and cosy. The room wasn't big. I had a single room. In fact, the room was quite small, but I hardly stayed there, so it wasn't an issue for me. It did have a bathroom, telephone and a TV. My stay also included a nice breakfast daily.

Unique Quality: Well secured, and you have to buzz at the front door entrance to enter the hotel. They have a camera system to only allow eligible people inside. It does not have a curfew.

You may also help yourself to tea and/or coffee any time of the day in the meals room.

For those gay people visiting Amsterdam, there is a "Gay Point" across the street. I gather they may assist you with your enquiries and/or activities.

Directions: It is only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the majority of attractions and about a 15 minute walk to the red light district.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Nadia Hotel, beautiful outside

This hotel advertises as a 3 star hotel, but since it is central Amsterdam, it can command prices like a 5 star..we saw prices ranging between 60-200 Euro. But if we HAD to stay in a hotel, one like this is what we would look for. At least on the outside it is completely different than most others, it has style and interest. The hotel actually runs along a crooked street and the rooms are not your standard 4 walls.

• A place to sleep

Ok, what they don't show you on the pretty pictures of the website is the fact that when you open the door to go in there is no lobby, there is a set of stairs that go STRAIGHT up. The fact that these stairs are very steep and tiny even for my little feet was a little bewildering. We had just had a long train ride from Bruges and we were a little tired to drag our suitcases up all those stairs. Our room was adequate, at the very top of 4 more flights of stairs. There was a bathroom in the room and a very nice balcony with a great view of Westerkerk. After this, I know never to stay in a hotel below 3 stars!

Unique Quality: Great view of Westerkerk, toilet and shower in the room, inexpensive.

• daryoush's Profile Photo

Within Walking Distance

The Nadia is a really great hotel in respect to being walking distance to pubs, coffee houses, and the red light.

They provide you with a safe, shower, tv, and most come with a balcony that offers a nice view of daily life on the streets of amsterdam.

The security is great, you have to be buzzed in everytime, so not everyone can walk in there. Also they provide breakfast and sell snack all day and night.

The cost can get a bit high, i believe rooms started at 100 euros a night.

• amazingclick's Profile Photo

Not as good as I expected

I was in Amsterdam for 2 days...and had reserved my booking at Nadia Hotel which was supposed to be a 2 minute walk from the Dam Square and so it is. On arriving, I was told that the booking had been transferred to their sister hotel DiAnn which a walk across..and I didnt mind. It was a steep climb (REALLY STEEP) and was a given a decent double bedroom with only windows on the roof without any curtains. So, basically even if you did not want to get up....No choice. Next day the receptionist was rude enough to say that DiAnn did not have any bookings and I was to check out...Only after clarifying things after calling Nadia Hotel was I shifted there. Back to a 1 bed room. OK OK. without any TV. 74 Euro a Night.

Unique Quality: Be ready for a STEEP Climb. Friendly staff. Not so good rooms and breakfast. Basically if you find anything better for 75 Euro a night single. GO FOR IT.

• ozone333's Profile Photo

Hotel Nadia

Unique Quality: Hotel Nadia's staff are the friendliest people I've ever met. The hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam and is in walking distance from the major attractions. The views are spectacular from the balcony rooms. My stay at Hotel Nadia was so nice that I felt that I had found my Home away-from-home! The cats were a nice surprize too. I love cats! Whenever I wanted a coffee or a light snack...someone was always willing to get it for me. I Especially enjoyed the family-like atmosphere that made me feel very comfortable in a such a new place to me. I would reccomend to anyone that they stay at Hotel Nadia when visiting Amsterdam Holland. That place is a two star hotel with 10 star service!

• PartyRambo's Profile Photo

I stayed in the Hotel Nadia,...

I stayed in the Hotel Nadia, fairly central and affordable, close to the Anne Frank House, and a ten-minute walk to Dam Square and the red light district... ummm... not that I know anything about the red ight district... :>

Unique Quality: In a block-long building turned into hotels & shops, the Hotel Nadia has possibly (no, definitely!) the steepest staircase I've ever seen. If you're prone to nosebleeds or vertigo, don't bother... there's no elevator, and the rooms are smaller than they look, but it was comfortable enough for the time I was there.

Directions: Radhuistraat 51, accessible by tram, and a 20-minute walk from the Centraal Station.

• Hotel Nadia

about £ 50 sterling for a double room with breakfast

Unique Quality: The manager and his staff are very polite and helpful.
    We have stayed with them 3 times and always return for the homely comfortable reception we receive

More about Nadia Hotel Amsterdam

HOTEL!!!

by IIGUANA

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a hotel in the Amsterdam area, near downtown. We're 6 friends travelling together and we'd like to find a clean hotel, but not necessarily the cheapest one.
I'll be in Amsterdam from August 11th until August 14th.
HELP NEEDED!!!!!

by pieter_jan_v

PJ

by nitneelion96

Try these (in order of price from high to low)

Hotel Di-Ann
Hotel Aspen

all located on Radhuisstraat near the Herengracht downtown. I'd recommend Nadia first.

by cupcake02155a

I am sure YOU will have No problems HOTTSTUFF

by IIGUANA

Thank you guys for the help.
I found a hotel! I'm staying at the Renaissance Hotel & Resorts. Has anyone been there? Is it good (and in a good location?)
Cheers,
Jorge

RE: RE: HOTEL!!!

by pieter_jan_v

It's good and a good (& historic) location; see:

PJ