Nemo Bed & Breakfast

Hotels.com Travelocity TheHotels.com

More about Amsterdam

NEMO Science CenterNEMO Science Center

Volendam fishiesVolendam fishies

Poster from outside "Jewish Couple-Rembrandt"Poster from outside "Jewish Couple-Rembrandt"

Huis BartolottiHuis Bartolotti

24h parking

by Turska

Is there any other 24 carparking-services than park&ride?
Those were only 6e per 24h a month ago, but now they are 19e allready! Quite a big change! I´m trying to deside should we change a hotel then (to one with parking)or is there any other cheaper parkings.

by globetrott

Close to the Ajax stadium and -P&R there is a metrostation next to a prison and there I found a parking for my motorhome totally free of charge for several days already 2 times, slept in my car without any problems.

by Turska

O.k. Thanks for that info. Maybe we still try to find some inside-park.Or maybe we change to cheaper hotel,so we save the difference in this way ;)

by Pijlmans

Where did you read about the 19 euro? I just checked for the P+R at Olympic Stadion and it still seems to be 6 euros...

You can also park in the suburb Amstelveen for free (e.g. near tram stop Uilenstede).

This was little cheaper:
Is it good location, if we come from Zaanche schans? Or maybe it´s not so important where it is located,when we will go to downtown to our hotel (Hotel D´Amsterdam) I changed our hotel to 28e cheaper, so at least we will save something at that.And in having a buffet-breakfast now.

by Pijlmans

Please check the official site, it is still 6 euro/day up to 96 hours:

2. Give your parking card to the attendant and ask for the discount.
The discount rate of € 6.00 per 24 hours is valid for a maximum of four consecutive days, or 96 hours (= € 24.00). After 96 hours, the discount will become void, and you will have to pay the normal parking rate.

Dennis

by Turska

Strange! I got that link I had, when I wrote to park & ride witch I found in February or around. They gave me that link, and there was also that Olympic stadium and the price was 6 euros. When I looked it at sunday, it has turned to 19e! And this link of yours says 6e... And now I also find this one:

How can same place (Olympic stadium) have two prices..? I hope that your link is right then. I was planning to use that other park and ride, witch was 14,50e, but maybe we will go to Olympic stadium afterall. Maybe I´ll print that info-page, and take it with me ;)
Thanks for you! I hope this link of yours tells the truth.

Travel Tips for Amsterdam

Losing time in Amsterdam

by jo3201

Of course, visiting a 'coffee shop' is a must for most people visiting Amsterdam. There are some fairly decent places, but please be careful. Lots of the cannabis sold is very strong, so u need to not smoke too much. Mix very litlle with tobacco, and see how it feels. Also, make sure that you don't smoke on an empty stomach, as cannabis causes hypoglycaemia ( your blood sugar falls very low quite quickly) and this often makes people faint. It'll help if you sip on Coke, orange juice while smoking.

Also, be warned that people have spent days in confusional fugues as a result of smoking too much. Be careful, get a good buzz and enjoy this really pretty city.

Ann frank house, Flower...

by freya_heaven

Ann frank house, Flower Market, Rejk Musuem, Van Gough Museum, Royal Palace. Take a Canal boat trip, this is a good way to see the city if you are there on a short break like us. Walk along the cobbled streets & along the canals. If you have the time you can take trips out to the surrounding bulb fields.

First Impressions

by barryg23

My first impressions of Amsterdam were not great. In fairness, we did walk from CS to Dam Square via Damrak, and this area is probably the most noisy and touristy in the city. We then went on to Damstraat and things didn't get much better, and I was beginning to think that everybody who had told me how great Amsterdam was must have been smoking something strange.

But on turning the next corner, we found ourselves on a quiet street, alongside a canal, with many of those pretty gable houses on either side. It was such a relief to find this street to counter our initial impressions. I later discovered that this quiet street was the southern part of Oude Zijds Voorburgwal, a street whose northern end is definitely not known for it's architecture or tranquility:))

The Rijksmuseum

by sim1

I loved my visits to the Rijksmuseum and I would love to tell you a bit more about it, and give an impression of the collection. The information, and pictures of the paintings are from the website of the museum : http://www.rijksmuseum.nl/

The Rijksmuseum :
'With close on one million objects and 1.2 million visitors a year, Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum is the largest museum of art and history in the Netherlands. It is perhaps best known for its collection of 17th-century Dutch masters, with twenty Rembrandts and many other highlights of the period, including works by Vermeer, Frans Hals and Jan Steen. But the museum also houses art from the Middle Ages and from the 18th and 19th centuries. Another area of interest is the museum's collection of sculpture and applied art: furniture, glass, silver, delftware, busts, dolls' houses, tapestries, fashion and other decorative objects made in the Netherlands and Europe between the medieval period and the early 20th century. The Print Room (Prentenkabinet) regularly presents selections from the museum's vast, internationally famous collection of prints, drawings and photos. The Asiatic Art rooms contain objects from countries such as Indonesia, China, Japan and India. On Dutch history, the museum provides a survey of developments in the Low Countries from the 15th century to the Second World War, featuring items of historical interest, portraits, ship models as well as associated objects and works of art.

As you can see, there is a lot to see in this museum. So take enough time to enjoy it. I loved the 17th century Dutch masters, so that is the part of them museum I want to show you a bit more of.

on the canals......

by chancay

there are numerous bridges all over Amsterdam. At almost every second street corner in the inner city there must be a bridge to pass a canal. On the bigger canals where bigger ships pass by some bridges have to be moveble as you can see on the photo. SOme do open like this, others trun right or left to open the way.

Comments