Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo

Smooth Departure

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2012

Due to the storm in the US, I was trapped in Amsterdam for an extra couple of days (better than getting stuck in Cleveland). Nobody enjoys getting up extra early, running to get ready, eat something quick and worrying about getting to the Airport for their flight on time via the train from Amsterdam. I decided to stay at the airport. Knowing that the hotels, I am a member of, never give a break and if they did it would still be twice the price of anything else, I chose the one hotel whos name in Amsterdam is most highly regarded, the Park Plaza. I have stayed at the other 2 Park Plazas in town so I knew what to expect. I found a great promotion w/breakfast, called immediately (at that time I made know certain things I like about a room) and as their shuttle is on a regular 30 min cycle (do make a reservation for an early morning shuttle to the airport), I wait a short while and soon I was there. The Shuttle is also available for a slight charge, to go downtown, There is also a Tram, a few minutes from the Hotel, that goes to Central Station. Immediately I was hit with the visually stimulating lobby, hip lounge, restaurant and a very happy Front desk crew. Marjolein, a trainee, alone at the time, handled a large group of nervous folks a head of me, with promptness, style and a smile (which rubbed off on them). My check-in process was seam less. Marjolein recalled my desired criteria for a room and all was in readiness. She never lose her sincere smile and professional manner. Later I had a couple of issues that were both were taken care of by staff members and the Front Desk manager himself, Niels (who treated me like I was a king). I left rested at the right time after a full breakfast...,perfect. The Hotel was excellent, the hallways were stylish, the bed was 'sweeet', the breakfast was 5+ star and all the staff: Nicole, Leila, Charles the Bartender, Mariusz, Leonie, Paul, Jurjen, Jeroen and Bart, were also. Thanks Park Plaza for the great time.

Unique Quality: Great Spa. Complete customer satisfaction, unlike some downtown locations.

Directions: Between the Airport and Amsterdam.

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v Aug 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM

You're being spoiled, haha. PJ

• AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo
    AMSTERSAM Aug 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Yes, I am.....it is quite unbelievable. It's exactly like you called them and said "treat him like Gold'.....did U? :)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    pieter_jan_v Aug 3, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Shhhhhh! Haha. PJ

AMSTERSAM's Profile Photo
AMSTERSAM Aug 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Update: It's now 6 months later and due to the overwhelming GREAT treatment I had received, I am here again. I was not going to write again as I did not feel this trip to the PARK PLAZA AIRPORT could top the last.....but it did.

I was going to drone on about my travels and the many Hotels I have stayed and compare this Hotel to them. I will simply say the very best treatment of a guest was observed and received by me, at this Hotel. I am sure Park Plaza has a course on being the 'best to a guest' for all employees, but what I observed from the tip top of management all the way through the ranks, was that PARK PLAZA must of hand picked those who had all the necessary qualities before the course. My room experience and all the very kind employees I have met ( I make it a point to meet all at a Hotel) have an honest, in-dwelt class and style that no school could teach. For me, the quality of care at this Hotel FAR outweighs any issues with not being in Amsterdam Centrum.

The 'right proper' treatment is unbelieveable. I have three or four memberships with other Hotels.....but I will only need one in Amsterdam.

• leics's Profile Photo
    leics Feb 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM

PJ's not an app, honest! I've met him several times over the years. :-)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    pieter_jan_v Feb 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, a clever projection, haha.

Nearby Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

• Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews