Quentin Hotel

Budget Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Backpacking
See Amenities
Panos1111's Profile Photo

Not so sure

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2008

The Quentin Hotel. It is quite central, 2 minutes from Leidseplein, so good for going out and sightseeing. On Leidsekade, overlooks the canal. The staff was probably temporary employees and were generally nice. I went there because it was recommended by Lonely Planet (which I otherwise adore) but was dissapointed. I was given a very small room in the basement. The view was some building site, there were marked from dead mosquitoes on the walls and, worse, the shower was partially blocked so every time I had a shower the carpet outsie the samll bathroom/showeromm flodded for half a meter. I also had the noise of the hotel's washing machine there. Breafast cost 7 euro, cheaper than outside but was no frills and way below average, at least for the hotels I have stayed in, including some youth hostels.
so teh location and the price (50 euro) were good, but I wouldn't go there again. Who knows, of course, maybe the rooms upstairs are good and have a good view and I was just a bit unlucky.

Unique Quality: Location.
And it 's still Amsterdam!

Directions: Near Leidseplein. From the airport, take the Connexion (or KLM) bus.

panasonicyouth's Profile Photo

Worth the price, but noisy!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2007

My girlfriend arrived in Amsterdam on Dec. 28th '06, and stayed in this hotel until Jan 1. The location was great, and despite being in a touristy area, it had all the charm Amsterdam has to offer. The Quentin Hotel was located in the Leidseplein area which is full of restaurants, cheap places to grab a snack, souvenir shops, designer stores, and of course coffee shops. Trams 1,2 and 5 all stop by the square which is just around the corner from the hotel. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to Vondelpark and the Museumplein. The Canal Bus boat stop for Leidseplein is located right in front of the hotel, and is convenient if you wanted to take a canal bus tour. The staff was both friendly and helpful. There were a few things I wasn't exactly thrilled about during our stay here though. The rate I was going to be charged was about 60 euros more than my confirmation stated, so make sure to bring a copy of your confirmation with you! Also, the hotel charges an extra 5% when paying by credit card, which I was not aware of until I was at the hotel, ready to pay. For some reason, I was under the impression that breakfast was included, which it wasn't. It was an extra 7 euros per person, and was not worth it at all. It literally consisted of your choice of beverage, some cereal, and meat/cheese. The greatest inconvenience we had while staying here was our room. Room 21 is located right next to the elevator/snack machine so we heard every single person who came into the hotel, and the cleaning crew in the early morning. Needless to say, we didn't get a good night's sleep any night we were there. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, but I'd pay in cash and ask for another room besides 21.

Unique Quality: The hotel was much cheaper than many others in this area, and had a great location.

Directions: take tram 1,2 or 5 from Central station. Walk straight towards the large fountain at the American Hotel, and make a left.

scbelle's Profile Photo

BEST Location!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2005

I would definitely reccomend this hotel. I don't know about the other Quentin properties in Amsterdam, but this one was fantastic. The ceilings are high--ours had this cool plaster medallion; the windows are large; the bathrooms are nice. Our bathroom was en suite, and our room was certainly sufficient. My only warning is beware of the front steps if you've had a bit too much after a night out! Luckily, once inside there is an elevator. I found the staff ultra friendly. So you know with the pricing, we were three girls to one room.

Unique Quality: This hotel is right off of the Leidseplein--you literally turn a corner, walk a few steps down the canal, and there it is. Because its "just off," when inside, you forget there's a raging party block just around the block, as the view from your windows is of a peaceful canal.

Directions: Leidseplein

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Quentin Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet

Amsterdam Travel Forum

Need advice about Amsterdam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Amsterdam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews