Seven Bridges Hotel

Reguliersgracht 31, Amsterdam, 1017, The Netherlands

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

View at the Seven Bridges

The Seven Bridges Hotel is housed in a 300 year old authentic canal house at the Reguliersgracht canal, known for its view on the seven bridges-on-a-row.

Space is limited, so breakfast is served in your room.

Directions: Canal Belt.

• Sprucebeer's Profile Photo

Seven Bridges

We almost stayed here. Looked like a charming hotel, although we didn’t see the rooms. It’s in a very nice, quiet location along Reguliersgracht.

Prices from €100

Unique Quality: Charming canal house. Can get a view of the seven bridges from the hotel without moving. Quieter location can be a quality for some.

Directions: Eastern Canal Ring

• Joemidwest's Profile Photo

Cozy

Somehow they made this little area homey. Travel isn't about spending much time in the room anyway. As my wife says the idea with hotels is location, location, location!

• Joemidwest's Profile Photo

First stay in Amsterdam 1997

We generally don't make reservations. You can end up with some lesser known but great places. We stayed in the attic here. There were four small rooms up there that shared a shower down the hall. Each morning breakfast was hand carried up five steep flights of steps to your room. Good location too.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Hotel of Seven Bridges

Amsterdam is VERY expensive anyway, and this room was, well, looking back, I would say worth the splurge: $300 per night or so...

Unique Quality: When I stay in a place, I am never just looking for a place to spend the night, I am always looking for a memory--and this hotel was that. It is absolutely beautiful, with only about 7 rooms or so. You really have to get one of the rooms overlooking the canal. The rooms are beautifully furnished in art deco style and the owners bring breakfast up to your room every morning. It is WONDERFUL.

Directions: Reguliersgraacht 31
    1017 LK Amsterdam
    Located just 5 minutes walking from Rembrandts Square, the location is EXCELLENT, convenient yet quiet.

More about Seven Bridges Hotel

Seven Bridges - an exceptional hotel

Our experience with Pierre, Gunter, Eric and all of the other people involved at this hotel was remarkable. We rented the first floor apartment, two doors away from the hotel proper, for two weeks. The apartment was lovely and had all of the necessary items to make for a homely stay (small refrigerator, electric kettle, tea pot, coffee pot, cups, plates, silverware, tea, coffee, sugar). The living area had three wonderful windows that overlooked Reguliersgracht. The bedroom had a large window but no view. We were left in complete privacy, and our inquiries were met with a very helpful attitude. When we made the reservation, I faxed them our understood agreement details, and they confirmed by post. All was dealt with professionally, and there were no surprises when we checked out on the last day. I was given a copy of my signed receipt. The Visa payment was not posted for about two weeks after we left; Gunter had explained that he banked only when he had sufficient receipts to warrant a trip. We have travelled the world and found this an exceptional place!

Loved the Seven Bridges

Fantastic hotel. there is a bed and breakfast theme, with very comfortable beds and breakfast is taken to your room in the morning when you want it. the owners and staff were all very helpful, there were no problems with anything there. price is reasonalbe, considering that it is amsterdam. it was cheaper then one of the ibs hotles, and in a better location (ibs is considered to be fairly cheap). book a room here if your staying in amsterdam

A beautiful little hotel

We stayed at the Seven Bridges Hotel in Amsterdam five years ago, and again at the beginning of August this year. It is a beautiful, well-run retreat from the crowds of Amsterdam in the summer. There are 8 rooms, each one carefully and comfortably furnished, each one different from the others. The hotel is very quiet and peaceful, despite it's location close to Rembrandt Square. It is easy to walk anywhere in the city from there, and there are restaurants nearby. Breakfast, which is a very complete continental with several kinds of breads, cheese, ham and yoghurt, is served on lovely china and is brought to the rooms. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Book ahead for this one!

Seven Bridges; good but not that special

by TripAdvisor Member janeywhit

I booked this hotel well in advance since everywhere else seemed full up and the reviews were so good. We asked for one of the back rooms at cheaper rate (110 euros for double b and b) for three nights. It was easy to find; we took the train from the airport (ticket machines don't take cash and wouldn't accept our cash cards so we should have just queued at the counter). And then straight out to the trams and on to a number 4 (bought the tickets on board, asked for Prinsengraght).
From the stop it was a short walk to Seven Bridges. The reception was v efficient and we were directed straight to our room on the ground floor at the back (Number 4 I think). The room was very pleasant with large open windows looking out on to a tree filled back garden/yard (no view). The bed was v comfortable with lovely cotton sheets and pillows. The shower room was fine, soft towels etc.
The other reviews rave about this place; we thought it was a great location and an ok hotel. It actually felt quite impersonal and I don't think we saw any other residents although it was full. It was difficult to get a conversation from the receptionist; i guess it is just a quiet reserved place. You could choose your breakfast time from 8 to 9am. I thought this was a bit tight since the only thing which would actually need preparing was the tea or coffee (they could have sorted the trays at 7am and been a bit more flexible for us lazy late starters). I know they started preparing at 7am since our room backed on to the kitchen and they woke me up each morning making a load of noise. Would have commented on this to the staff but wasn't asked if I had enjoyed my stay so tdidn't bother mentioning it. The breakfast was lovely fresh croissant, orange juice, breads and hams and cheese. On the first day we has yoghurt too but didn;t eat it and never got any more!
Ermm I would say that this a nice safe clean functional hotel (well, more of a b and b really)in a good location but it's not cheap and it isn't quite as special as the other reviewers try to make out.
Having said that we had a great stay and enjoyed coming and going from the hotel with no hassle.

It's a wonderful place to stay...

I have stayed at Seven Bridges many, many times...it's my home away from home. The staff is friendly and helpful, the price is quite reasonable and it's in a terrific location. I love it there! I highly recommend this hotel.

Charming hotel in a great location

We loved staying here, and would go back in a heartbeat. The owners were gracious and helpful - in fact, they rescued us when the internet reservation we'd made elsewhere didn't work out. The neighborhood is charming and conveniently located near the museums and Rembrandtplein. Our room was tastefully decorated with a loving eye and combination of styles that was elegant and comfortable too. Our room overlooked the verdant back garden and was very quiet at night. The rooms have mini-refrigerators, TVS, phones and Internet access -- all the modern conveniences in a charming and comfortable setting.

Comments