2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 48% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• amsterdam's shocking accommodation

This would have to be the most disgusting hotel still in operation. Absolutely disgusting. Filthy in every respect. Phone in rooon - but not socket. Health department should shut it down immediately. Stay clear. Out of 10 I would rate it 1, only for its location.

• Birsen's Profile Photo

Don't stay there!

Just to save some money I decided to stay in a cheaper hotel for one night. I wasn't very happy from this hotel. I reccommend not to bother to stay in this hotel.

I arrived to hotel at 9:30pm at the reception there was a very rude girl. She wanted me to pay in advance the room. I refused to pay she asked my id to keep it, I refused She said I have to pay 30€ deposit for the keys. I paid the deposit. There was no lift, the stairs are typical narrow and stip Amsterdam style, I suffered to carry my luggage up to my room. The room was facing to the main square, it was very noisy all night. There was a problem with the wireless internet so I couldn't connected to internet. My telephone was unplugged, I had to go down and ask help. This girl didn't help. I left out for dinner and cameback, there was someone else, finally he helped to fix my room telephone. The wifi was woking at the end. I had a private bathroom which was nice. The breakfast was so so... It was not total disaster but, i was expecting much better...

• Amsterdam's TERRIBLE "hotel"

I arrived about 22.30. If it had not been so late I would not have had to endure the 1 night in the worst hotel I have ever been in. From the loose electrical wires hanging from the ceiling to the uncapped pipes this 'hotel' amazed me. At 59euro per night I had hoped for soap to wash with and some kind of curtain to cover the 14"x14" window. Alas I was to be disappointed. The fact that I was at first offered only a 2night refund (I had paid for 4 and used 1) only added insult to injury.

I have stayed in several other Amsterdam hotels and much better value for money can be found.

Unique Quality: Some of the moulds growing on the the tiles or on the water-pipes may well be unique. The entrance is in a pub, a pub which turns off its very loud music at 03.30hr.

Directions: Rembrantplein