Zandbergen

• Liefding's Profile Photo

Hotel Zandbergen
    or when you...

Hotel Zandbergen
    or when you have won the lottery: Amstel Intercontinental (see picture)

Unique Quality: Not too expensive and located in a perfect area.
    Nearby the Leidseplein and the centre of the city.
    Also the Museumquarter is very close by (Rijksmuseum, Vincent van Gogh en Stedelijk museum)

More about Zandbergen

Agree with all the Positive Reviews

by TripAdvisor Member ican

This hotel is perfect for those who want to get a good night's sleep while still being close to all of Amsterdam's attractions. The room was well laid-out, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and modern. A two-day pass for the trams made getting around very easy, but many of the sights were within walking distance. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Great Boutique Hotel in the best area

by TripAdvisor Member bisScottie

This was a fantastic place, at first I was a little surprised by the cost because it is out of the centre and small, but trust me, all accommodation in amsterdam is expensive. A month later we were unable to stay at this hotel and stayed in the centre at the worst accommodation you have ever seen for even more money. THE AREA > Borders along Vondelpark and I would compare it to Upper West Side in NYC because it is more of a really nice residential neighbourhood with great eateries and nice to walk around. You are about 10 to 15 minutes walk to Leidesplein which is one of main squares in the city, you can walk down the main road that the tram goes down or better yet cut through the park it's much more enjoyable. If you are planning to go further into town close to Centraal Station I recommend using the tram #2, it stops almost directly outside the hotel. Better yet, at least for one of the days, rent a bike. It seems all of the Dutch ride bikes and the city is set up brilliantly for it. THE ROOMS > Were simple yet clean. the beds are comfortable and bathrooms are clean and reletively new. They were also very quiet , i would imagine because it is an old brick building. THE BREAKFAST> Yummy, I know its not much to include breakfast but it really made the difference. Nice breads, cheeses, juice, eggs etc.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member belandseb

After staying 6 nights in a hostel in London, it was a welcome relief to finally get a warm, comfortable, and most importantly, private room. I booked a single room at this hotel at the last minute after canceling my reservation at Shelter City hostel. Initially, I was a little sticker shocked at the price, but after staying there for 4 nights, it was definitely worth it. However I wouldn't recommnd this hotel for budget travelers. It is very convenient to public transportation, the number 2 and 16 tram. You can take the number 2 tram from Central Station and get off at the Emmastraat stop to get to the hotel. The hotel is literally a one minute walk from the tram stop to the front door. Well, the catch to having this convenience is that the tram runs through the front of the hotel. So if you have a room facing the street, it can get a little noisy. However this did not pose a problem for me. After spending all day exploring the gorgeous city on foot and with a little help of my ipod, I was able to get a good night's sleep.

The beds were very comfy, bathrooms spotless and the sheets were clean. The breakfast was great, which provided more than the usual bread and jams that's served in other hotels. If you need to do laundry, there's a laundromat right around the corner.

Richard

Fantastic place - great service

by TripAdvisor Member P.pie

I have never travelled abroad on my own before and so spent 6 months agonizing over wich hotel to stay in. When time started running out i opted for this hotel because of the pics and the reveiws were all good. The room i had was the single on-suite wich i think a fellow reveiwer has posted pics of. It was cleaned everyday and was very comfortable. Dont worry about the trams going outside the front of the hotel, there not that noisy! (no2 stops 5 mins walk up the street and the last stop for that is central station and takes about 10-15 mins and costs no more than about 1.60 euro) The service was very friendly, welcoming and professional. The breakfast has lots of choice, cereals, bread, yoghurt, fruit aswell as the usuall cheeses and meats( *Tip* keep some bread and cheese/meat back and use it for lunch if you go out for the day. very handy and very cheap!!). Vondelpark is about 15mins walk away and also the van goth museum is a little further. This is a very beutifull part of Amsterdam especially if your into your architecture. Lots of cafes/bars nearby and also antique/designer shops. The people in amsterdam are very nice to talk too (especially if you get lost!) I initially went over to meet a friend but it turned out he lived in the south of holland. This meant i had to check out earlier than my booking. This as far as i could tell did not cause any problems and i was only charged for the one night extra. The lady behind the counter was very nice and understanding, even showing me how to get there and going on the internet to get train times and prices. Going above and beyond the call of duty!

Ideal hotel for museums

by TripAdvisor Member Shaun_Curnow_2004

I stayed at the Zandbergen on the strength of the reviews on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to say that all the previous feedback was as promised and I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. The hotel itself is efficiently run and everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. I'm quite an independent person but if you have any questions the staff are more than willing to assist.

The rooms are quite small as befits Amsterdam but clean and well maintained. There is a well supplied minibar but no kettle for hot drinks.

Location - ideal for the museums and Concertgebauw. Tram number is 2 minutes down the road and these are a joy compared to public transport in the UK. Now that's what I call an integrated transport policy with the trip in from Schipol all very easy.

Overall I loved Amsterdam and would like to thank those who helped me with my previous questions.

Lives up to reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Rovicci

We booked to stay at the Zandbergen on the basis of reading tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel lives up to all the positive reviews and after visiting we would not hesitate staying again or recommending this hotel to friends.

One need look no further...

by TripAdvisor Member Xocoafan

One need look no further than this quiet gem if what's needed is a well-run, small hotel with first-rate service in a lovely, quiet neighborhood with great public transportation just steps away. After a long night of travel, we arrived at the Zandbergen early in the morning. Our hosts, Margaret and Robert, immediately offered us tea and coffee and saw to it that any questions we had about Amsterdam were immediately and thoughtfully answered. This small hotel is a bit away from the "action" in central Amsterdam, but the number two tram stops just outside the hotel, and its location is very close to Vondelpark, the Rijksmuseum, the VanGogh Museum, and the Concertgebouw. The room was immaculate and cozily contemporary, with very comfortable beds, graphics by Appel, and a newly renovated bathroom which was so clean it sparkled. Breakfast is served in a small, inviting room and includes possibly the best coffee in the city (brewed individually for each guest), juices, fresh fruit, cereals, boliled eggs, ham, cheese, excellent croissants, and a variety of breadstuffs. Classical music plays softly in the background. The immediate (and very walkable) neighborhood is upscale and largely residential, home to an organic grocery, excellent patisserie, old-fashioned toyshop, greengrocer etc. . Careful touches are everywhere; for example, we returned from a late night outing in very cold weather and found a tea tray all set to go in our room. Our needs were thoughtfully anticipated. Above all else, it was apparent that the owners, who have made this hotel the object of tremendous care, truly do their all to see that their customers' needs are met. We could not have been more pleased.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member zzzland

This was our first try at a Bed & Breakfast. After doing some research and finding it on this site, we took a calculated guess and we were rewarded. It our made our 3-day stay in Amsterdam all the more delightful.
The owners and staff were pleasant and very helpful. It felt like as if we had been regular guests for years.
The free use of the internet was also a nice touch. So was breakfast.
The location, for us, was a selling point. A short distance away by tram from the nervous core of downtown it was a quiet oasis, set in a residential area of town. It was also in walking distance of a wonderful park and museums.
You almost felt like a resident rather than a tourist.
The room was clean and big enough for our needs. Again, it was like staying at some friend's house.
We loved Amsterdam and our next stay there will certainly include this B&B.
We have also recommended it to our friends.

Great Hotel with good location

by TripAdvisor Member Kev&SP

A very good hotel, the service provided was excellent. We went as two couples. We paid for the superior room, which was well worth it as our friends room was a little small, though clean and well docorated. Ours had a lovely balcony (see photo) and was a reasonable size. The stairs were steep and not suitable for those with disabilities
The pre arrival service was great and it is easy to get to on tram no 2 which goes to the town centre and the train station.
The breakfast was excellent, simple,continental but all very fresh with warm bread and croissants and meats and cheeses.
The hotel is in quiet area near the museums and with comfortable beds we had a great break, well recommended for couples or families looking for a quiet location within easy reach of everything that Amsterdam has to offer.

Comments