citizenM hotel Amsterdam Airport

citizenM Schiphol Airport
Booking.com Expedia.com citizenM.com

• anzactwo's Profile Photo

Austere yet ultra-modern accommodation

This hotel is superb on space management, even if for some its rooms may feel claustrophobic. Need explanation of how to use fixtures, shower and even wash basin. Excellent location, service and value.

Directions: Airport is in walking distance

• ari1974's Profile Photo

Small but extremely modern and comfortable

Pros:
    Extremely functional, clean, and modern.
    Easy walking distance (even with bags) to the airport.
    Automated checkin and checkout
    Helpful staff

Cons:
    Very small and compact, with single room including bathroom and shower in modern slider compartments.
    Everything has a price, including a slightly earlier check in.

The size isn't necessarily an issue. The beds are very large, but the rest of the room is quite tiny.

Unique Quality: Extremely modern, with variable lighting and fully integrated remote for the whole room.

More about citizenM hotel Amsterdam Airport

CitizenM - Impressive

by TripAdvisor Member IlonkaB

Have stayed at the CitizenM when it opened its doors. The entrance is impressive with a several lounge areas and a bar.
The staff is super friendly and the cocktails and Sushi is great.
The room is small but is very comfortable with a rain shower, a big bed and state of the art technology.
I had a very good night rest. I would certainly come back again.
The price is good and CitizenM is conveniently located at Schiphol.

citizenM is great!

by TripAdvisor Member revja

Great Hotel! The hotel is great, it was a three minute walk from the airport, the rooms while small are very comfortable and modern, it is great to be able to control the temperature and many free on demand movies are offered. It is easy to reach the city center from the train station at the airport so that wasnt a problem. The ony minor inconvenience I encountered was I arrived at 1230 and was told I couldnt check in until exactly 1400 but that was not a big deal. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Very very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Groentje

Very modern and brand new hotel with amazing rooms. Just 1 minute away from the Schiphol terminal. Extremely stylish and nicely decorated rooms. Huge beds, great "rain shower" and a "Moodpad". Basically a modern version of a remote, allowing you to change anything you like in the room...Music, color of the lights, temperature, blinds..Did I forget anything?

Airport view is nice too, nice to see the planes come and go without the noise that usually comes with it.

The bed is tremendous, four pillows to choose from. The only downsides so far: The toilet paper :-) and the price of the food downstairs.

Great place to spend a night

by TripAdvisor Member interactive_al

The newly-opened Citizen M hotel at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport was a great place to spend a night, but I don't think it would wear well over several days/nights. That said, my wife and I were very happy with the price, location and value.

It's ultra-modern, high-tech and very bright and shiny. If you're intimidated by your TV remote you might want to avoid the Citizen M. The room lighting (as well as a/c, TV, and window shades) is controlled by a "moodpad." You pick an activity, say "Reading", and the room's lights adjust accordingly. KInd of cool at first, but you soon realize that with only six activities to choose from you may not be able to get the lights the way you want. Tough luck. Other than two reading lamps alongside the bed and a light bar above the mirror you cannot control individual lights.

The overall feeling is "2001 Space Odyssey" meets "1984" - a kind of benevolent technology that lets you do what you want - sort of. On the other hand, the youthful staff of the hotel were unfailingly cheerful and helpful, from suggesting Amsterdam restaurants to resetting the code for the in-room safe.

Oh yeah. The glass-enclosed shower and toilet may not be everyone's cup of tea. These are rooms to share with a VERY good friend only.

Still and all, we went back for a second night at the end of our trip. The value and location are hard to beat.

yes ! yes ! yes !

by TripAdvisor Member Ziby

Definitly the best hotel on Schipol.Two minutes slowly walking to airport.Very young and entusiastic staff (best regards for Olga for her help after my fligh was cancelled).Thanks to Anna from Germany for warm welcoming and fantastic coffe !
Everything in this hotel is very new and fantastic designed.I found this idea as the great and waiting for the same kind of hotel in Poland (in Warsaw?).
Perfect staying ! Thank you very much and to see you again !

Hi tech and Handy

by TripAdvisor Member crawfie

I had one night to waste before an early flight, and Citizen M proved a truly great experience. The staff were amazingly helpful, and the whole process of check in etc. was easily done. I did feel a bit like an institutionalised inmate with my citizen identity, but it is all part of the fun. Food was easily got down on the ground floor, with a wide range of international meals that were rapidly microwaved. Holland's answer to the capsule hotel. Every bit of space is cleverly used, down to the in room shower and toilet. The beds are very comfortable, and I had a wonderful nights sleep.
The lighting TV etc are all controlled by a Mood Pad, which in theory is great, but the first room I had had a malfunction, and the 2nd room worked, but slowly.This may prove to be a flaw unless reliability can be improved. The free on demand film library is good, and made for a relaxing evening.
I grabbed a croisant on the way past to checkout, and was in the terminal in 3 minutes.
Assuming my gizmo glitches were not the norm, I would not hesitate to stay here again if passing through.

Fantastic Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Billy4

I stayed in the Citizen M for one night in July as I had an early morning flight to Brazil the next morning and once I seen it I was glad that I had chose there to stay.

Firstly the location is great for both travelers who have an early morning flight or people who are in Amsterdam for a break.Once you exit the airport the hotel is a 3 minute walk along a covered walkway so if it's raining you wont get soaked,and with a train station in the airport you are only 20-30 minutes away from the center of Amsterdam.

Once you enter the hotel there is no conventional reception,instead you are met by a friendly member of staff and directed to a self check in terminal,but if you have any problems with using them the staff are on hand to assist you,check in took me about 5 minutes and once you receive your key card you are told that it is yours to take with you when you leave as any settings that you use in your room like temperature and light brightness and other things will be saved till your card and on your next visit when you present your card these will all have been saved for you.

The rooms themselves are not the most spacious but it was big enough for my needs and very modern and functional,though admittedly they may not be to everyones taste,I have attached pics for you to see.

The bar/cafe area and the lounge areas are simply stunning,very sleek and modern and really gives you the impression that you are in a very expensive hotel when in reality my stay cost me £65.

The food is all prepacked and if you want anything warm you will have to heat it in one of the microwaves provided,I had one of their beef sandwiches and it was tasty and reasonably priced,as were the bottles of ice cold beer,and the latte I had the next morning was one of the best I have tried.

To sum up,the Citizen M is a great place to stay,friendly and efficient staff,ultra modern common areas and rooms,and fantastic location all at a very affordable price.

Did not like it very much

by TripAdvisor Member alhamaqi

I am surprised that I am the only one who was not impressed by this hotel. Prior to going there, I could not wait to see this trendy hotel and especially after reading all the reviews here.

I got the room for 69 Euros/night which was cheap. However, I thought that there was more to this hotel than what it actually was. First of all, I did not like the idea of checking in through a computer. It felt like I was nobody. However, the staff was REALLY helpful and friendly. I went to my room, and as every guest does when they go into a room like that, I did the "wow" thing. However, after a few minutes I started realizing how uncomfortable the room was. The sink is tiny and is in the middle of the room. If you spill any water around, you're in trouble. The idea of the rain shower was nice. However, once you get in there, you realize that the shower knobs are extremely uncomfortable to control, especially when you have wet hands. When I wanted to get an extra towel, I tried to use the phone with no luck. I finally went downstairs and asked them how to operate the phone to have towels delivered to my room, they said that they don't have housekeeping services and that I would need to come down and get them myself !!

The room itself was small and had no desk or a large table to put your stuff in. Only two tiny tables and that's it. The safe box is tiny. The MoodPad was very hard to operate and I honestly did not like it. I very much prefer to do these things manually. The "Do Not Disturb" sign is basically a picture of a woman covered in bed sheets saying "Don't come in. Someone is naked in this room". I felt very uncomfortable with this sign. In the restaurant downstairs, they had no white sugar! The plastic cups for coffee have a cover yet no hole to drink through! I've never seen something like that before. The train ride to Amsterdam Central takes about 20 minutes. The train runs every 10 minutes I think but once every hour after midnight or so.

On the other hand, the bed was very nice and comfortable with 4 pillows. The staff downstairs was also friendly and helpful. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you find a hotel with the same price in downtown Amsterdam.

best value for money in Amsterdam Airport

by TripAdvisor Member nata_DK

This hotel is one of the new low cost chain in airport.
the idea is to offer a small room but a good relax time and forget that you are stuck at the airport between 2 flights.

if you are looking for a hotel for tourism, it's not the best hotel

+++ :
- design
- price
- best value for money
- quality and size of bed
- high tech system

- - - :
- no parking
- no twin room

I was delighted

by TripAdvisor Member amcu

A pleasant surprise, to find a hotel with efficient space utilisation.
Easy to find. Easy to use. Calm. With all the privacy that you would want, and relatively cheap.

Busses in front of the Victoria HotelBusses in front of the Victoria Hotel

CanalsCanals

St. Nicholas churchSt. Nicholas church

The baked apple.......The baked apple.......

Good value central Amsterdam Hotel for 2 + baby on first holiday !! Any tips ?

by captainfurious

Hi there,

I'm heading to Amsterdam for 3 nights in March with my partner and baby for our first holiday as a family!!! We are on a tight budget but now with our little baby I must say au revoir to hostels!! Can anyone advise any good central options where we can walk to most attractions in central Amsterdam but are good value!!! 1 or 2 star is fine, just need some recommendations as there are so many in Amsterdam !!!

Thanks for any help !!!

Re: Good value central Amsterdam Hotel for 2 + baby on first holiday !! Any tips ?

by MRBOBK

The CitizenM @ Amsterdam Airport ( 1 minute walk) is have a fantastic sale
on their website. 39 euros for available days all year. must be booked this
week and is nonrefundable. they do NOT have baby beds.
enjoy!
four days left to get sale price. ends 11Feb
B

by unaS

Have you considered a self-service flat?
I found that the most convenient and cheapest after hostels.

Take a look here: http://apartmentpaul.com/
Email: info@apartmentpaul.com

All these flats are centrally located.
Full details of my own experience - great! - on my Amsterdam pages.

Have fun!

by pieter_jan_v

Try: http://www.amsterdamhotelservice.com/

PJ

by geoffboxer

hi , two good central clean and safe options , both 1/2* hotels de Mallemoolen and www.hotelcornerhouse.nl

Comments