Airport Hotel Texel

More about De Cocksdorp

Travel Tips for De Cocksdorp

Lighthouse of Texel part I

by a5floor

At the far north of the Texel you will find the lighthouse of the island. Up on top of the tower you are about 45 meter above sea level. On top you will have a great view over the Waddensea, Nortsea, the islands Texel, Vlieland and Terschelling.

The lighthouse was build in 1864. During WW2 it was heavily damaged. The new lighthouse was build around the damaged tower. When you are climing up, you will see the bullet holes from WW2.

There is limit access to the tower. So, no more then 50 people can visit the tower. There is no elevator in the lighthouse. You have to climb all up to the top.

The opening hours in 2009 were:

Monday to Friday 11am - 8pm
Saturday and Sunday 11am - 5pm

2 November - 5 April 2010
Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 11am - 5pm

The entrance price in 2009 was € 3 per person.

De Cocksdorp

by a5floor

15 May 2009

This morning I stood up at 7.15am. After getting dressed I ate breakfast. Once I was done, I packed my belongings. I put my bag in the car. My parents did the same. Around 8.40am we went driving. First we bought flowers, chees and noodles. After that we drove to Den Helder. We arrived there at 11.10am. Straight to the ferry. First we had to buy a ticket to get on board. Then we had to wait in line. We had to wait till 11.25am before we could go on board with the car. At 11.30am the boat went sailing. From Den Helder to the island Texel the ride took about 15 minutes. We bought ourselves coffee/tea. When we finished this, me and my dad went outside to take pictures. At one point a voice told everybody who is on the boat with a car, should return to their car. Once we were in the car, it didn't take long to go off. We drove to the other side of the island. By the city 'De Cocksdorp' is recreationpark 'De Krim' (where we had our chalet). We checked in and drove to the chalet. When we arrived at the chalet, we took our stuf out of the car and put it in the chalet. After that we had lunch. Once we finished lunch, we were walking around on the park. We also went to the spot my uncle & his wife were standing. They were sitting in the tent with a guy to explain their work. We took their dog for a walk so they could talk to the guy. At a certain time we went back to my uncle & his wife. We sat down over there till 4.30pm. We went back to the chalet where we had dinner. After dinner we drove to the lighthouse. By the beach we parked. We walked to the sea. During the walk it started to rain. At one point we went back to the car and went driving. We drove through the village of De Cocksdorp. Finally we went back to the chalet and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

16 May 2009

This morning I woke up at 8.45am. After getting dressed we had breakfast. Once we were done, we went to the car. We drove to Ecomare in De Koog. We were just in time to see the seals getting feed. A guy was telling a story about the seals. Which was interesting. After that we walked a bit around outside before heading inside. Up here they have information about the sea and birds. When this was done, we went back to the car. We drove the lighthouse in the north of the island. We watched the sea and beach. There were some people on the beach and some of them were had kits in the air. After that we went for lunch. When we were done with lunch, we were driving around. At one point we drove back to the chalet. We relaxed a bit. Then we had dinner. After dinner me and my mom went to the swimming pool. The wife of my uncle was there allready. We were in the swimming pool for about 1,5 hours. It was a small one though. Afterwards we went back to the chalet and had a relaxing evening.

17 May 2009

This morning I went out of bed by 9am. After breakfast we had a relaxing morning. At a certain time we had lunch. After lunch we were packing our things together. When everything was in the car, we drove to my uncle & his wife. They weren't there (appeared that they were walking around with their dog). After that we gave our keys to the reception desk. We drove to the bungalow we are renting in July. At one point we drove back to my uncle & his wife. They were present this time. We sat down for a short time. After that we went driving. We went to Oudeschild. We ate a fish at the harbour. When we finished this, we drove to the ferry. We didn't had to wait long. Just 5 minutes. At 4pm we took the ferry to Den Helder. We were back home at 6.45pm.

From 13 July till 20 July 2009 I was here with my sister & her twin.

Comments