De Rijp Hotels

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel De Rijper Eilanden: Hotel De Rijper Eilanden

I was here for a seminar about Arctic Travel. The seminar itself lasted the whole weekend but I only came for one day. So I did not see the rooms.
The hotel has been open since April 2004 and newly built. It doesn't look especially attractive on the outside, but inside it's very agreable. A huge lobby with many coffee tables and easy chairs and couches. A spacious bar. The hotel is especially equipped to receive handicapped guests. I haven't been able to discover a website about this hotel yet.
I did find an article in a regional newspaper (link, see below). The hotel seems to be part of a new hotel chain especially for handicapped people. There are 51 rooms of which 17 ground floor double rooms which are equipped for wheelchair users.

It als has a theatre (I think it can hold some 200 visitors).
There are single, double, triple and quadruple rooms. And there are rates for groups.
A double room is 60 euro. Half board is 13,75 euro, lunch is 7,50 euro and a lunch box is 3,75 euro.
I saw the prices of coffee and drinks were pretty friendly too (coffee 1 euro 20, which is about 40 cents cheaper than is usual).

Article in Dutch about the hotel opening

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average