3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Very large hotel: Zuiderduin

A monster of a hotel, 350 rooms, suites and apartments. Often used for conferences. We were kindly welcomed by the Duty Manager who took us around to see if it could be used for a conference that we organise in 2006.
    The hotel was previously used as a resort for children who had difficulties at home. For them to stay 8 weeks during summer to get away from their troubles.

Unique Quality: 50 meters from the beach, all facilities free for guests, like swimming pool, squash, parking etc. The pub and bistro don't give you the feeling that you're inside a big hotel. They can easily host parties up to 1000 people. It's really huge! There are all sorts of rooms, facing dunes or sea and the price for a standard room in this 4 star hotel is quite friendly: € 55 per room per night. The sea facing suites (with whirlpool and such luxuries) are € 285 per suite per night. The lounges and lobby seem to be good meeting places for conference delegates to relax and meet others. It's only 10 kms from the interesting old town Alkmaar (2nd shopping town in The Netherlands). We went home with a CD-rom presentation and a good feeling about the professionalism with which this hotel is run.

Directions: Near the sea and village center.

More about Egmond aan Zee

DuinreservaatDuinreservaat

New outfitNew outfit

Travel Tips for Egmond aan Zee

The "Tourist- Village"

by homa

"Go to the seaside"

Everytime when I visit Amsterdam, I always want to stay in Egmond aan Zee. Why?! Because I love to see the ocean, sea or even rivers .........Hong Kong has a nice habour but I can't enjoy that very often. In Germany there're lakes but it's just different! So I often spent a weekend in Holland. Egmond aan Zee located in the "Noord Holland", about 35 km away from Amsterdam. 5 km from Alkmaar, where the famous cheese market held!

"What is Egmond aan Zee like?"

The first thing I saw was the beach, a long coast with fine sand. The coast is long compare to what we have back home! Anyway, I'd enjoy the sun bath and the sunset on the beach. For sure it's a place for many traveller. Among them are many German, I could speak German nearly everywhere in this town. People are friendly and the style of cafe and restaurant are comfortable and relaxing. Might not be a place for great adventure and exciting things but could be for someone who wants to have a rest and relax yourself. I did!

Comments