Lake Land Hotel

Jachthaven 1, 1141 AV Monnikendam, Monnickendam, The Netherlands

Orbitz.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

good place for for relaxation

Monnickendam is a small town located just in 20 minutes by bus from the center of Amsterdam (from the central station every 15-20 minutes). The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the city within 10 minutes walk from the bus stop and 10 minutes from downtown and is on the shores of Lake IJsselmeer. Monnickendam - one of the coziest places of the Netherlands, where I've been , I was fascinated by its, like a toy, houses and bridges, where, it seems, time is frozen. Life here seems to be slow and measured, is so comfortable to sit in the evening with friends and a glass of wine, ещ enjoy of carillon, and maybe to visit the town cathedral and listen to a concert of choral music, where, all the people got together... Perhaps for those who adores of night life it'll be boring in this place for them. But what about me I found a place of calm and peaceful for my soul.

My room was quite large with a normal size bathroom and comfortable bed. The only thing I missed is there was't tea-making facilities in the room, I'd got a flue during a trip and needed a hot drink. I had to carry boiled water from the bar, which was extremely uncomfortable and far enough. In addition, it was cold in the room.
    Breakfast was wonderful, a good selection of all that is usually offered at breakfast.
    A good hotel for explorering the Waterland region. You can make a walk on a yacht, I saw, as other tourists did that and definitely would return to spend a couple of calm days in Monnickendam and its lake.

Comments