Schiphol Boulevard 701, Amsterdam 1118 BN, The Netherlands

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• saracen's Profile Photo

Decent Business Hotel

A relatively straightforward 10 minute walk from Schiphol terminal will take you to the hotel. They are very efficient at check-in (always seem to remember me) and the rooms are very nice, although the lifts are a little cramped if you have a lot of luggage.

Unique Quality: The bar is very pleasant for a few drinks pre-dinner in the very nice restaurant.

They have a shuttle bus back to the airport should you wish to take it.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Another very expensive place to stay

But again, the Schiphol Hilton is very close to the terminal, so if you need a place to stay comfortable and luxureous without having to watch the money ... this is a great place to stay. Though a little walk can get you to the entrance of the hotel, a shuttlebus is also available.

More about Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

It's not so near to the airport as I thought

by TripAdvisor Member dkym

I selected this hotel as I thought it is the nearest hotel to the airport. All the reviews I read have not mentioned other hotels which are nearer. So when I arrived, I was disappointed to find that in fact there are other hotels, such as Shereton, which are nearer to the airport than Hilton. I arrived quite late and was tired so I decided to have a meal in one of the restaurants. However, the restaurants are expensive and the choices of food were not that great. I was also charged 7 Euros for a small bottle of water which I could have it free in the room.

Despite the foregoing, the hotel is not that bad. But if I have to choose again for just overnight stay, I will opt for one which is nearer to the airport than Hilton.

dkym

Excellent Hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member nvkris11

I chose this hotel not only because I am a HHonors member but also this was the best deal in terms of price (around 120 Euros) when compared to hotels in the city. This was my first time to Amsterdam and was skeptical about the distance to the city. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the location and the connectivity to the city center via train. Coming to the hotel, I was not disappointed with the quality which I expect from Hilton. The staff was very friendly and took care of all my requests. The hotel provides a convenient and free safe facility to store any valuables which really gave me peace of mind esp when I was out in the city the whole day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who don't mind the 15 min commute to city. For business travelers this is an ideal location.

Great comfort and convenience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelducky2

Location, location location! It’s a good 5 minute / several-hundred-meter walk from the Schiphol airport and train station, but except for the last 50M, it’s all inside. There is also a shuttle that runs regularly for those who prefer. Schiphol has a shopping area with some surprisingly useful and practical stores, including a small grocery shop, a pharmacy, and several eateries. There are, of course, the standard airport overpriced clothing and electronics places, if you find yourself with some time to kill.

Amsterdam is just a 15min ($10 round trip) train ride away….close enough to enjoy, but still away from the chaos when its time to relax.

Check-in: I stay at this Hilton several times a year. Every time I check in, the front desk staff has always been exceptional. They’ve always gone the extra mile to upgrade me when possible, or to inform me of whatever special events or perks are happening.

Rooms: Very nice and clean. The rooms are a little on the small side, but there’s always enough space and storage for me and my stuff. The beds are very comfortable, and the linens and things are always clean and new. There is no iron / ironing board, but they're available from the front desk. The rooms are surprisingly ‘solid’ and quiet. The water pressure in the shower is just so-so, and seems to go up and down…along with the temperature. I get the feeling that there’s a hot water pump somewhere that keeps turning on and off. It’s not bad enough to be an issue, however.

Executive lounge: For Hilton Honours gold and above, this is a very nice perk. There are always snacks and various drinks available, as well as a happy hour with more variety. It helps to verify beforehand that the reservation includes your HH info, so upgrades happen automatically.

Service: Fantastic service, across the board. From the front desk, to the restaurants, to room service, to cleaning staff, everyone is always very professional, and does a great job. I just don’t know what else to say.

Restaurants: Like most Hiltons, and European Hiltons in particular, the two restaurants are pretty overpriced. East West has an oriental theme. The food looks great and tastes very good, but if you’re not into Asian / Oriental cuisine, you probably won’t be happy. The Greenhouse has a decent breakfast buffet, but its not worth the admission price. There is also a theme buffet (Indonesian, Mediterranean, etc etc) in the evenings which is always very good.

Parking: There is limited parking in front of the Hotel, or the Airport parking garage across the street.

I stay at the Schiphol Airport Hilton every time I’m in Amsterdam, and will continue to do so.

nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member mrkemark

Been there a few times on business trips just since convenient for a morning flight. Rooms are small and nothing special inside.

Executive floor lounge is not very nice - small, stingy with the food and drinks, and if you are a non-smoker keep out of there. Not worth walking down the hall to get in there.

Room was clean and room service was good. Never ate in the restaurant but it looked ok. Staff was friendly and professional.

My coworker told me the Sheraton that is closer to the airport is much better. Have not stayed there, but I probably will next time since I am tired of this Hilton.

Distinctly average

I had a quick trip to Amsterdam one weekend and due to an early departure the following morning I opted to stay at an airport property. As a Hilton HHonors Gold member it seemed most logical to stay at this hotel.

It is an easy 5min walk from the airport terminal, all inside along moving walkways apart from the last 50m or so. As I turned the corner and saw the hotel I was rather disappointed. It looked like the Palast der Republik in East Berlin with the gold tinted windows and Soviet bloc look. Fortunately the interior was much better.

Check-in was quick and I was upgraded to an Executive Floor room which was unremarkable. Still rather small but with a semi decent view over the airfield. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries had been left for me in generous amounts which was appreciated.

The Executive lounge was quite small but with snacks and drinks available during the afternoon. In the morning continental breakfast was served here with typical selection of meats, cheeses, cereals and yoghurts.

The staff were friendly enough but it just wasn't as good or spacious as Hiltons in the US. The Sheraton which was across the street from the airport terminal seemed much appealing.

An excellent choice ...

by TripAdvisor Member Hawk9031

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews about the Hilton Amsterdam Schipol. It's exactly as advertised -- an airport hotel with quick and effortless access to the main terminal (a brief, 5-minute walk with people movers), business style accommodation, and the comfort and security that the Hilton brand is infamous for. Checked-in for a brief one night stay at the designated HHonors desk and was informed that I had been upgraded to the Club Floor. The room was nothing spectacular, but completely adequate and clean with a nice view of the airport.

The Executive Lounge was well appointed with an evening snack consisting of several Dutch cheeses and other finger foods. The open bar was nice too and offered everything from Johnnie Walker to Champagne. A complimentary continental breakfast is offered in the Lounge every morning.

All in all this hotel was perfect for those that it is primarily intended to service; travelers wanting to stay in a fairly luxurious setting close to the airport without spending an arm and a leg.

While you can easily reach Amsterdam city from the airport by train within 15 minutes, you'd be better served to stay closer if you intend on spending in your time in the city.

Sufficient

by TripAdvisor Member Traveling Marco

Right next door to the airport. Easy access by walking through the airport, exiting the side and walking a few feet. They also have an airport shuttle, although it really isn't necessary. The rooms are small, but this is Europe. It is quite expensive, but very convenient. You can take the train from the airport to central station downtown and it only takes 15 minutes. Tons of shopping in the airport, even a grocery store. The hotel has a good bar. The main restaurant is marginal, but the East/West restaurant is quite nice. The marinated duck is excellent. The hotel has electric adaptors, so you can check them out at the front desk and use them in your room. There is a charge for internet, but it isn't expensive. You can select an hour, a day, or more time and the charges show up on your hotel bill. Beware, when your time is up, you lose your connection with no warning. I lost an hour of work because of this.

Friendly, helpful staff who are quite knowledgeable. It was a nice stay overall.

Comments