Schiphol Boulevard 101, Amsterdam 1118 BG, The Netherlands

Sheraton.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• a5floor's Profile Photo

Sheraton Hotel

I was staying at this hotel from 25 till 26 May 2011 (just one night). I had to catch an early flight on the 26th. I had a nice room for myself.

During the stay I had hardly any noice from the departing and arriving plains. I bet there are times it is the other way around... :)

I had a double bed for myself. Which I really liked. As I don't have that at home....

E-mail: sheraton.amsterdam@sheraton.com
    Website: www.sheratonamsterdam.com or www.sheraton.nl

Unique Quality: Really good accessable to the airport. The rooms are nice and decent.

The only down side is the price... But that is what you get when you are staying pretty much on the airport. I paid Euro 301 (including taxes) for one night.

Directions: Between the parking lots and the entrance of the airport.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Most destinguished place on the airport

The Sheraton can't be missed. It's a huge building that will immediately atrtact the eye when leaving Schiphol Plaza through the main exit. The hotel is extremely comfortable, but also extremely expensive.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Sheraton

This is a five-star hotel (408 rooms) with direct access to arrival and departure halls via a sky walkway.

Unique Quality: Close to the terminal building (5 minutes walking).

Directions: From the Schiphol Plaza take the Skywalk next to the car rental offices.

More about Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Comfort and Convenience

by TripAdvisor Member TravelPrincess

We stayed 1 night at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel on July 23rd and we had a pleasant stay. Rooms were very nice and comfortable, huge bathrooms with separate shower and tub, hairdryer and piped in music too. The bed is comfortable – comparable to Westin’s Heavenly Bed. The room had a coffeemaker and well stocked minibar.

Though staying at another airport hotel would have been cheaper, the convenience of rolling out of bed and walking to the airport check-in at 6:00am out weighs it all. There were restaurants and shops all over the Schiphol arrivals level and also a grocery store. The train station is within the arrivals area also.

We walked up to the hotel lobby soon after arrival without a reservation, but we were able to get 2 rooms for $155 euros per room plus tax. Check-in was quick and efficient. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We dropped of our stuff then proceeded to Amsterdam Centraal via the train. Just a word of caution, there is a sensor of some kind in the minibar - moving or lifting any item from the minibar automatically charges your bill. We made the mistake of moving some items around to accommodate our water bottles and ended up being charged for minibar items. I only discovered the error the afternoon I got to the US, I called the hotel in Amsterdam and they quickly reversed the charges. I also got a confirmation of this by email 3 days later.

I would highly recommend staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel for comfort and convenience especially if you have an early morning flight to catch the next day.

Elegance and Convenience

by TripAdvisor Member Terrence

I arrived after a 10 hour flight and had to wait until the next morning to take another plane to my final destination. It was so convenient to arrive at this hotel in the morning and find I could check into my room upon arrival even though it was only 10 am. The room wss beautiful, the bed and linens the most elegant I have found anywhere, and the presence of so many shops and restaurants at the airport made it easy to find economical restaurant choices. Easy access to the railroad which takes one directly into the center of Amsterdam makes this hotel site the preferred one for a short or week-long visit to the city. Prices are comparable to the preferred hotels in the city center. The train from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station is only 20 minutes and the cost is only 3.60 euros each way. I had a 6 a.m. flight to Rome but was able to conveniently make the connection in the morning after a pleasant day and evening in Amsterdam with my preferred lodging at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center. Very amiable and efficient staff throughout the hotel. You will not go wrong when picking this hotel as your hotel in very expensive Amsterdam - especially, if you are flying in and out of the city.

Convenience and really cool flooring in the lobby

by TripAdvisor Member MrktMgr

Dad was coming in on an early flight from the US. Instead of getting up at 3:00 a.m. to drive in to Schiphol, we decided to stay at the airport. Got a rate of €139 at expedia - and couldn't pass up the opportunity.
The hotel is right in the airport - fall out of bed and wander over to check-in or - as in our case - to the arrivals area. I've see this hotel listed for well over €300 /night. Guess what, unlike the Conrad in Hong Kong or the Shangri-La in Shanghai, it just ain't worth it.
Yes the rooms are good and very quiet. All new and well appointed - but it's missing all of those little details that move it up into the luxury class. I guess convenience has its price.
Lobby area was under construction when we got there (hence the low price?). The mid-20s check in personnel were jaded and not as friendly as I expected. Was it my low expedia price that turned off the charm? Was it the fact that I didn't have a suit on? I may never know. Anyway - Sheraton - are you listening? You need to work on your front desk staff at this hotel, they just aren't up to the luxury level. They looked great - but that was about it.

If you need a place to sleep between intercontinental flights - or have an early flight out - this hotel is great. Can be very pricey during the week - but look out for good deals on the weekend. During the week you may want to check out the Crowne Plaza. I think it is a better hotel - even if you have to take a shuttle bus.

Great Concierge! Convenient Location

by TripAdvisor Member REDSOXRULE

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and parents while vacationing in the Netherlands. Paid about $125 a night via Priceline and was originally skeptical about access to Amsterdam and the expensive parking. Received a great hint on cheaper parking from a Tripadvisor member and access to Amsterdam was outstanding. The train from the airport is a few minutes walk from the hotel and once on board you are downtown in about 15 minutes (wish I knew this when I had a six hour layover several months earlier). All the concierge staff were extremely helpful. They offered great maps and provided answers to all of my questions. They were also very friendly and interested in engaging in conversation. The rooms were fine and you cannot hear a thing due to great soundproofing. The only drawback would be that I asked for a room with a view of the airplanes for my son and my parents actually got a much better view (we could only see the cargo planes). There is also a great grocery store in the airport that we were able to find just about anything we needed during our stay foodwise (although the sushi did not taste very fresh).

Nickles and Dimes to Death

by TripAdvisor Member ChiefExec

I stay at this hotel from time to time as I often transit Amsterdam during my travels. The hotel is more than adequate but truly tries to nickle and dime you to death. Everything in the hotel is already expensive but then they hit for the ridiculous sum of 19 euros for 24 hours of internet service. Of course almost no one ever stays in a hotel of this type for more than 12 hours, but none the less they try and rob you. I am a member of Starwood preferred whatever it's called but this is ridiculous. No one apparently has the authority to waive these charges. I really wish someone would wise up and stop treating those of us that travel extensively as complete idiots.

Fairly average and overpriced

Being an extensive business traveller I can say it was certainly not the best four star hotel I've stayed in and found the prices pretty high for the goods and services received. Unless your business or trip is specifically focused around Schipol I'd stay in Central Amsterdam. I won't be returning

Modern, Classy, Convenient

by TripAdvisor Member Gotothesun

Excellent hotel, with facilities & service of the highest standard. Location is great for airport & trains- it is a very short (5 minute) indoor walkway from both. Many trains then run direct from Schipol to Centraal Station (fastest takes 10 mins). This also meant we could make the most of our day before flying back, by leaving our bags at the hotel, to collect just before going for the flight.

Modern, clean & pleasant decor. There were no renovations, referred to by others, going on & must have been completed. The lobby is impressive & the glass lift gives you a panoramic view of all the levels and attractive atrium seating area below.
Breakfast is also delicious with a huge choice!

Hotel is very quiet & beds were comfortable, so had a good nights sleep. Highly recommended.

Amsterdam is small, so make use of trams & buses, or hire a bike- don't waste money on taxis. The best way to view it is on a canal cruise (a 1 hour one is sufficient).

A Great Time

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Airport in Amsterdam. We found it very comfortable and accessable to locale transportation. I would also like to mention how the staff was very friendly and helpful, i.e. Frank in the restaurant and Daniel as bell staff.

Comments