Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam

jay_krejic's Profile Photo

Funky looking hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 19, 2011

Very unique architecture, but not so much to do in this area. The room is clean, nice and modern and I quite enjoy my stay.

Directions: I take train from amsterdam to zaandam everyday during my stay, and it was quite convenient. It's just a 15-20mins ride, and it's such a calm area to stay.

Marthamaire's Profile Photo

Great bargain outside of city center

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 30, 2009

I spent ten days/nights at this hotel and I can highly recommend it. I traveled by myself to Amsterdam last year, 2008, cashing in my Milage Plus miles. Since I was there in August, prices of hotels in the city center were very high. I chose the Golden Tulip Amsterdam-Zaandam because of the price. Even with the train trip into town every day, it was really a bargain. The rooms are very clean. There is a refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, and sofa in each room, plus of course a TV. The breakfast, included with your room, is good with a large selection of both hot and cold items. I became addicted to rogga bread (dark, sweet bread) while staying there and the dark strong coffee is to die for. Right across the street from the hotel is a supermarket which I patronized regularly. Lots of food items there at very reasonable prices because of the Common Market. There is also a bike rental shop right outside the hotel door and the train station is next door. Don't worry about potential noise from the train station. It is non-existent. A small shopping complex is two blocks away. There is free Internet access in the lobby.
The train ride in the morning was pleasant and access to and from the airport is direct. Just hop on the train at the airport and get off at the hotel station.
The only complaint I have is the abruptness of some of the staff. Brusk bordering on rude but I was not there to visit with them, so I ignored it.

Nearby Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Zaandam Travel Forum

Need advice about Zaandam, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Zaandam and ask our Answer Gurus.