Zaandam Hotels

Hotels

Westzaan De Prins, Kerkbuurt 31, 28 bedden. 075-628 19 72

Wormer Weromeri, Poelweg 1, 11 bedden. Tel. 075- 628 16 79

Wormerveer, Huis te Zaanen, Zaanweg 93-94. Tel. 075-628 13 15

Huis te Zaanen, 13 bedden. Tel 075-628 17 40.

Zaandam Inntel, Provincialeweg 15. 146 bedden. Tel. 075-631 17 11.

Bastion, Wibautstraat 278, 85 bedden.
Tel 075-670 63 31.

Formule 1, P. Lieftinckweg 10, 222 bedden. Tel 075-631 90 61.

Weijzig, Stationsstraat 85. 12 bedden. Tel. 075-614 19 63.

Camping

Zaandam. Camping Zaansport, Kuilpad 1. 60 plaatsen. Tel. 075-631 17 75.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 12, 2002

• carolineraat profile photo carolineraat
  • Reviews: 884

Wieringen is the picturesque former island in the far north of Noord-Holland. Take your bike an explore this little treasure!

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 24, 2002
Tip Photo

• Piggy73 profile photo Piggy73
  • Reviews: 108

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Tulip Inntel (Zaandam): Golden Tulip Inntel

Although this hotel has excellent reception staff & the room was clean it is difficult to believe that it has a four star rating !

The fact that I have stayed Golden Tulip Hotels before was what prompted me to select this Zaandam Hotel.

My comments are only based on my experience with this particular hotel which certainally does not reflect standards at other GT Hotels.

Please be aware that the small breakfast restaurant currently has no area for none smokers. Even though it would have been possible for them to set a table up for us - they had no interest in this. Instead we sat in the empty adjacent bar & although restaurant staff were aware of this we were not able to have any coffee - we were advised it was only available in the restaurant !

I noted that restaurant staff had little interest in checking/keeping the breakfast bar stocked & clean. The eggs were cold, the cheese had yoghurt on it, the limited supply of fresh fruit was limp, the cheese was dry ........ nothing changed in the 30 minutes we were sat there. I noted that another guest had to ask for some fresh cheese.

A very disappointing stay - I hope my complaint to management improves their set-up. I will keep you informed.

Well the response to our complaint : the hotel admitted that they should have a no smoking area in the restaurant and hope to change this sometime in the future.

However our complaint about the poor standard of service at breakfast fell on deaf ears.

I would have to say about the hotel - a very poor standard for a 4* hotel trying to cater to an international market.

The FREE hotel car park - is situated next to pedestrian side walk - so don't leave anything valuable in your vehicle. The main car park requires a token when you exit - so has some security.

If you are disabled do not park in the main carpark as you will need to use the bridge with steps. I would suggest contacting the hotel to reserve a place in the small parking area adjacent to the hotel.

The Hotel LOCATION is situated next to the Zaandam railway station where there are several trains per hour into Amsterdam.

Hotel rooms have aircon & coffee making facilities.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average