Zandvoort Hotels

Our Members Say

• laughing_lioness profile photo laughing_lioness
  • Reviews: 23

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pension Banning: lovely B&B

It was one of the cutes B&Bs I've ever stayed at. Our landlord (Henk Banning) had a very warm welcome for us and we felt comfortable right away.
They did a great job decorating the house. Each room is decorated differently. We were staying at room no. 7 on the top floor- and had an en-suite bathroom. (Not all rooms have en-suite bathrooms. They have a private bathroom but outside the room). I think no. 3 is the only room with a small balcony. We payed 36€ per person per night incl. breakfast.

The funniest thing are the stairs. As in most dutch houses the stairs are tiny and very (very, very, very) steep. Although I didn't have my biggest suitcase (it was just a normal size suitcase - I swear) I got stuck on the stairs with it. We were killing ourselves. Good start - we were only moving in ....

Lovely landlord and landlady (speaking dutch, german and english fluently) serving breakfast in the morning (8.30 to 9.30 am). A lot of different sorts of bread to choose from, cheese, sausage, boiled eggs, different jams, hones, butter, fresh fruits, tea, coffee and juice. Far too much to eat and always someone asking if you need more - just like at my grandmas when I was a kid.

As parking is quite expensive everywhere they came up with a clever idea. They have a car park where you can park your car for free. As it is rather small you'd always block someone. So they make you leave your keys in case someone needs to move the cars. No worries - as you meet everyone at breakfast (it's only 7 rooms anyhow) you can easily organize the cars to be moved before everyone leaves.

Should I go back to Zandvoort I'd definitely choose the Pension Banning again.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 14, 2006

• Confucius profile photo Confucius
  • Reviews: 336
Fawlty Towers: Manuel! "Aye know nawthing... about zeese hotel"

I was expecting to see Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) at the check-in counter and Major in the cafe but was received by a witty old Dutch woman instead. (There is, however, a pretty maid who resembles Polly!)
The family owned hotel has 20 rooms, all with washbasin, shower and water closet.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written May 21, 2003
Tip Photo

There really is a Fawlty Towers, in Holland!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful