Hotel de Harmonie

Based on 24 reviews
Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Away from the town

by written on June 26, 2005

First of all I need to say that I didn't stay in this hotel, but I visited it's cafe while biking in the area. This tip is rather a warning. Although claming to be 100 meters from Giethoorn, the way to the main attractions, restaurants, etc is much farther than that and you'll need at least a bicycle to get to Giethoorn itself. Hotel De Harmonie is located in the countryside where bus (#70) passes once a hour only during the weekdays. So if you decided to come to the area during the weekend you'll need a car. Taxi is a possibility too, but that would cost you 35 Euro one way (from Meppel train station).
Can't say anything about the rooms since as I already said I didn't stay there. Can only add that the area is very nice and quite and the hotel has a restaurant which serves everything from breakfasts to heavy 3 courses dinners.
They have a nice terrace where we enjoyed cool beer, taking a break from our bike trip.
Bottom line: although this hotel looks nice and situated in a very nice and quite area if you don't have a car or at least a bicycle try to find a hotel that is located closer to the center of Giethoorn

Nearby Hotel de Harmonie

1 Photo of Hotel de Harmonie

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel de Harmonie

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Giethoorn Travel Forum

Need advice about Giethoorn, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Giethoorn and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Giethoorn hotel reviews