Landhuis Hotel de Herikerberg

Satisfaction Average

Travel Tips for Markelo

A bit different golf

by Vanity666

People call this "Farmer's golf". The golf club is actually a wooden stick on end of which is a traditional Dutch wooden shoe, and "golf ball" is actually a ball size like those used in handball.

On the field there are many obstacles you need to pass to finish the stage, and on the end of each stage is a bucket you need to put the ball in.

It was very funny watching us how we try to play it, especially when I threw the ball in some lady's potatoes :D

Oh well, I managed to get away with it.

Later, we ate delicious pancakes with filled with syrup. Mmmm

Markelo

by Vanity666

Markelo is a town in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Hof van Twente, about 20 km (12 mi) west of Hengelo and 20 km (12 mi) south-west of Almelo. The population is about 7.000.

Markelo was a separate municipality between 1818 and 2001, when it became a part of Hof van Twente.

Markelo is a beautiful and very peaceful city, with people always trying to help. Just for example, I was walking towards the center, and one older lady was sitting in front of her house and asked me where I'm going, and then she said that I can take her bike, and return it later. I had to refuse, because I wasn't sure if I could remember which house she lives in, and what time I would return. But surely, a great gesture.

Comments