Mercure Hotel Postiljon Zwolle

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Zwolle

who can help me?

Hy folks!
In April I met a dutch guy in Milan.
Unfortunatly, I lost his business card.
I think his name was Peter Uil from Zwolle.
He's an interior designer.
Can someone help me to find his address?
I know you can! : )
Looking forward to an answer.
Thanks a lot!

Uil P G M
Biesbosch 297
8032 VH Zwolle
Tel: +31-38-4524250

Good luck (and let us know the outcome please)

PJ

Thank you so much!
Very kind of you!
I'll call him tomorrow.
If I will be in Netherlands in the near future,
I'll give you a bling, so I can thank you directly and I can offer to you a good beer to drink together! ah! ah! : )
Thanks a lot.

by ATLC

Poor Peter Uil! Now the world knows he's been in Milan and met a nice Italian girl there :-)))
Have fun and I hope for you it is him...
(big chance, if he is an architect, Milan is the city of Design...so it should be right).

by pieter_jan_v

A free drink! You are more than welcome! :-)

PJ

: )

by DieUnruhe

I love dutch people! So amusing! ah! ah!
But I've nothing to hide, he's a friend! Just a friend!
Once a year it's funny to say hallo to your foreigner friends : )
but, you know, I'm italian and I lost everything! ah! ah!
But too much malice... and I tought that only italians are so malicious! : )
But also very kind.
Thank you all.

by ATLC

LOL! I can't speak for all Dutchies, but my humour can be a little harsh :-)

Travel Tips for Zwolle

Hang out with Simone and...

by richiecdisc

Hang out with Simone and Jacob, preferably drinking mass quantities of Grolsch! The train ride from Dusseldorf to Zwolle was not long enough. I could have done with an overnight train with a sleeper, but it was a short trip and I even had to change one time so there was not any time for even a short nap. It had been a rough three days, drinking world classic beers in three different cities on three consecutive days, but duty was calling and though I arrived half-baked, it was obvious I was in for another big session. Jacob & Simone were waiting at the station and seemed to be directly outside the compartment door as I stepped out, my huge backpack swaying and a small five liter keg of Rauchbier dangling from my left hand. I was happy to not have to do any thinking and let my welcoming hosts whisk me back to their house for a quick lunch before going to Grolsch for the brewery tour. The tour was in Dutch but Simone soon took me off on my own private one which had us on the roof overlooking the surrounding area and seeing parts of the complex surely off limits to visitors...lol. We met up with the group in the pub for a round of tasting. I was surprised at their staple beer, a nicer example of a pilsner than I expected. The remaining beers were a little uneven but was very honored that the manager went into his cellar to pull out some seasonal beers that were not exactly in season, having even their spring beer (Meibock) in November. Of course, we loosened up as only you can do when beer is ample and free and soon were laughing as old friends. At the conclusion, we went back to their house so Simone could have a few as well as she was driving up to that point. Yes, how Jacob got this beautiful wife that drives him around while he drinks is beyond me. ;) Back at the house, we had take away Indonesian and consumed many beers that Simone had gotten from the brewery in my honor. We were up till 2:00 am and then Jacob and I were on VT until three, in different rooms. It was kind of funny to 'see' him online with him in just the next room. Woke up early the next morning to say goodbye to Simone, who was off to work. Jacob would later drive me to Haarlem to meet another VTer, Sandra. I hated to leave, our 24 hours had gone so fast, but it was time to say goodbye to some virtual friends that had quickly crossed over into real ones. I hope to see them again soon in their new home in Canada. Thanks guys, it was a blast.

Packing List

by Tetreus

The weather in Holland can be very various. The temperature can vary between 15 and 35 degrees in the summer. Also autumn can be very different, all is possible. All seasons in every month of the year. This is a bit exaggerated ;-)

When visiting Holland bring your sweater (even in summer) and your umbrella.

Chinese please

by egonwegh about Chinees Cantonees Restaurant Taiwan

Chinese restaurant, nicely decorated, in the historic town centre of Zwolle, we had dinner here on 18 May 2008. We had 'Indische rijsttafel' - Indonesian rice dish - for two persons, a soft drink and some white beer, and paid 42.50 euro. I can recommend the restaurant, the food tasted great!

This restaurant also offers: lunch, take away, and catering.

The Stedelijk museum is...

by Routeman

The Stedelijk museum is situated in the centre of the old town of Zwolle. Old and new are unitedin the museum's buildings: the Drostenhuis, built in the middle of the 16th century, and the new wing from 1997. In this new wing you will find the unique glass staircase, rooms for temporary exhibitions and the café. The older building, to the right of the entrance, has a more permanent exhibition of the museum's collection in histoical rooms and around some specific subjects. Here the history of the province of Overijssel in general and its capitol Zwolle in particular is visualized, from archeology to the patriotic movement at the end of the 18th century. In the café you can drink a cup of coffee or tea glancing through some of the art magazines on the reading table. In summer you can sit outside on the terrace and look at the temporary exhibition in the garden.

Zwolle

by Tetreus

Hoi !

You entered the Zwolle page. Zwolle is the capital of the province Overijssel. Janine works in this "big" city. Oké we say "big" cause for the dutch standards this is a big city, but we are sure that when foreigners travel through Zwolle, they will find it a big village.
The centre of Zwolle is very nice, surrounded with a big citywall from the past. It's nice to have a little walk in the centre.

Don't forget the environment around Zwolle. This is one of the most beautifull areas of Holland. ( We can assure you this )
Lot's of green and little lakes.

We can surely recommend Giethoorn -> Venice in Holland, the Lemeleberg -> little hill close to the village Lemele.

Visit also the travelogue Twente and Sibculo.

Andrea & Janine